Chapter 29

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My weird dream (skip if not interested):

SunDreamer23 was scribbling at her math answer, she wanted to pull out all her hairs. It was the fifth time she solved it and the method she was using was not helping at all. “Calm down, you can do it.” She said to herself and took in deep breaths. She flips to the new page and writes the problem down again. The door open and she thinks it’s her mom. “Mom, can you get me some orange juice?” SunDreamer23 asked. There was no reply and SunDreamer23 tilted her head feeling a bit odd. She turns her head but her temple hits a cold round object. “Don’t move.” She said. SunDreamer23 held up both of her hands and nodded her head, “Haneul, it doesn’t have to go this way.” Haneul removed the gun and tucked it behind her back.

Haneul chuckled and fell backward onto the bed, she pulled the Nemo stuffed animal into her chest. SunDreamer23 looks at her and crosses her arms, “I would appreciate it if you didn’t do that to Nemo. He’s almost as flat as a piece of paper now.” Haneul sat up cuddling Nemo and crossed her legs. SunDreamer23 rolled her chair over to Haneul and crossed her arms. “What are you doing here? If anyone in my family finds out. They’re going to freak out.” SunDreamer23 said. Haneul nods her head and continued to fiddle with Nemo’s small fin, “it’s just that you haven’t updated in like a month.” “I know, I told you I was busy,” SunDreamer23 said. Haneul shakes her head and looks up at SunDreamer23.

Haneul looks up from Nemo but keeps fiddling with the small fin, “you missed the deadline you promised.” “I know because I had an exam on the next day,” SunDreamer23 said. “But you promised and you know…” “I know you don’t like broken promises,” SunDreamer23 said. Haneul looks down and SunDreamer23 feels a bit bad about what she said, “I’ll update in three days.” Haneul looks up excitedly and SunDreamer23 feels a little bit better. “Make it one day and next time when I visit, I’ll bring…” The door burst open and Kris comes into the room.

Haneul gets up and hides behind SunDreamer23, who turns her head around to look at Haneul. “You brought Kris.” SunDreamer23 said. Kris crosses his arms and looks at Haneul, “I’m not here for you.” SunDreamer23 gulps and Kris takes a step forward towards her. SunDreamer23 puts her hands up and pleads. “I’ll update, I promise!” SunDreamer23 yelled. Kris took out his gun and pointed it at SunDreamer23, who tilted her head back to look at Haneul. “I could use some help now.” SunDreamer23 said. “Sorry.” Haneul said. “Fine, I’ll do it myself.” SunDreamer23 said. She looked up at Kris and tried to beg him to not shoot her. The door burst open and SunDreamer23 sister, Diane starts yelling at SunDreamer23, “Pizza is…” Diane freezes at the sight of the gun and looks at everyone in the room. “Um… I see that you guys are busy. I’ll leave first.” Diane said. “Don’t tell mom!” Diane slammed the door and SunDreamer23 palmed her face before quickly placing it back up in the air.

She turned her attention back to Kris, “I promise to make sure that you and Haneul will get married in a future chapter.” “You promise?” Kris asked. “If I lie, you can shoot me with your gun,” SunDreamer23 said. Kris lowers his gun and puts it back under his suit jacket. SunDreamer puts her hands down and feels a punch to the side of her rib cage. She coughs and turns to face Haneul. “What was that for?” SunDreamer23 asked. “For saying we’re going to have a wedding,” Haneul said. “I know internally you are happy,” SunDreamer23 said.

Haneul uses SunDreamer23 as a shield and walks them over to the window. Haneul opens the window and makes a funny face at Kris before whispering into SunDreamer23's ear. “I’ll bring Lay next time,” Haneul said. SunDreamer23 blushed and Haneul jumped out the window. Kris rushed towards the window and pushed SunDreamer23 to the ground. Kris looked around outside and hits his hand the side of the window. “Damn it, I lost her again,” Kris said.

SunDreamer23 gets up from the ground and puts her hand on her waist, “This is why Haneul doesn't like you.” “So why do I care, you don’t even like me,” Kris said. “Then why are you my main character then? I should've just used Lay instead.” SunDreamer23 said. Kris glared at her and SunDreamer23 shrugged her shoulder at him. “Glare at me like that again and I’ll make sure you…” Kris bowed and placed his hand together begging SunDreamer23, “I’m really sorry. I won’t do it again.” “Now get out of my house so I can go down and eat some pizza,” SunDreamer23 said. “I’ll go now,” Kris said.

Kris turns to the door and SunDreamer23 cross her arms and coughs. Kris turns back to look at her. “Please go through the window,” SunDreamer23 said. “Fine,” Kris said. Kris walks over to the window and looks back at SunDreamer23. He smiles and SunDreamer23 looks at him weirdly, “What?” “The answer is 6-x/4(x^2-3),” Kris said. Kris jumps from the window and SunDreamer23 quickly runs to her desk and jots the answer down. She turns and finds him gone, she walks towards the window and looks around. No one in sight and now she can finally go down to eat her pizza.

Kris held onto Haneul’s hand as they exited from an Italian restaurant. Haneul looked at him and smiled as she rubbed her belly.

“I love their carbonara here. It’s so good.” Haneul said.

“I know how much you like it. You had two bowls.” Kris chuckled.

“Let’s come here again tomorrow,” Haneul said.

“I would love…”

Kris’ phone starts ringing and he picks it up after he looked at the caller ID, Juno.

“Juno,” Kris said.

“I was wondering if you could come in and check the new girls before they start working,” Juno said.

“Right now is not the right time,” Kris said.

Haneul looked at Kris and wondered what he was talking about.

“But I need you to sign the sheet so they can start working. It’s Haneul’s rule when new girls work here.” Juno said.

Kris looked at Haneul and decides it best to not go there with her.

“I’m currently with Haneul, I don’t think I can come in Juno,” Kris said.

Haneul realizes that she needs to go to see Juno, she doesn’t want to let this opportunity go.

“Can we go to your workplace?” Haneul asked.

Kris looks at her and she blinks her eyes at him.

“I will tell the girls to stay in their rooms if she comes,” Juno said.

“Please?” Haneul asked.

Kris looks at her and then gives in to her.

“I’ll be there in 15 minutes, we’re not that far from there,” Kris said.

“Great, I’ll see you then,” Juno said.

Kris hung up and put his phone away in his pocket. Kris looks at her and she looks back at him.

“Are you sure you want to go,” Kris said.

“I want to see, I’ve never been to your workplace,” Haneul said.

“It’s not my there workplace but the person who works for me, his office is,” Kris said.

“Oh, okay,” Haneul said.

The valley boy gets out from the car and hands Kris the keys. He opens the door for Haneul and she climbs in thanking him. Kris gets in and closes his car door, turns the car on and they drive to meet Juno. Kris held Hanuel’s hand as they walked into the building, Kris looked at the receptionist and she nodded. Kris walks with Haneul towards the elevator and they got on. Haneul turns to look at Kris and he looks down at her.

“Where are we again?” Haneul looks up at him curiously.

“I know that you know where this place is,” Kris said.

“It’s on the border of town. Everything we drove past was really sketchy.” Haneul said.

“Really sketchy,” Kris affirms.

The elevator ding and the doors opened, they step off the elevator and a woman walks towards them. Haneul saw Dahyun and pretended not to know her and continue looking at Kris. Kris let her hand go and reached into his jacket to get his ringing phone. Before Kris knew it, the woman tackled Haneul to the ground. She hit and yelled at Haneul, Kris dropped his phone and tried to pry her off of Haneul.

“You killed him, you !” Dahyun yelled.

Haneul laid on the ground as Dahyun started hitting her in the face. Haneul used her arms to protect her face. She let Dahyun hurt her to release the hate and anger of Xavier’s death.

“He was your best friend, you killed your best friend! You’re even eviler than I thought!” Dahyun yelled.

Kris managed to get Dahyun off of Haneul and two security guard exited from the stairwell. They held onto Dahyun and as Kris helped Haneul up from the ground.

“Are you alright,” Kris asked.

During the fight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter