Chapter 17

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The wind was blowing through the window, the white curtains were moving. Haneul looked towards the white ceiling, she let out a sigh. There was a knock on the door, she didn’t answer. The door opened to reveal Kris, he sat down by her side.

“You’re awake, why didn’t you answer?” Kris asked.

“Couldn’t you take these chains off?” haneul asked.

Kris bent over and undid the locks, Haneul rubbed her wrists and ankles. Kris walked to the closet and then threw her clothes.

“Change into that, Gramps is waiting in the office.” Kris said.

Haneul stood up from the bed to stretch, Kris left the room. Haneul striped off the nightgown and pulled the gray hoodie over and blue sweatpants on. She opened the door, she walked with her hands in her pocket to the office. She knocked on the door and then let herself in. Kris was sitting across the desk from Gramps. Haneul walked in and sat down by the leather couch.

“Leave us be.” Gramps said.

Kris stood up and walked out of the room, Gramps walked over and sat down next to Haneul. He pulled her into a hug and patted her head.

“Where have you been for the last year?” Gramps said.

Haneul didn’t say anything, she sat there frozen. Gramps pulled away and held her hand, she looked down instead of into Gramp’s eyes.

“Why are you not answering me? Do you hate me?” Gramps said.

Haneul looked up and locked eyes with Gramps.

“I could never hate you.” Haneul said.

“We’ve been looking everywhere for you.” Gramps said.

“I know but I had my reasons.” Haneul said.

“Couldn’t you of just married Kris.” Gramps said.

“No, I can’t. I promised myself that I would never love him more than a brother.” Haneul said.

“Then who are you going to marry?” Gramps asked.

“I don’t know.” Haneul said.

“Wh…”

“I’m back so I am going to run the business again.” Haneul said.

“You can’t.” Gramps said.

“Why?” Haneul asked.

“I already gave it to Kris. If you want it, you must ask him.” Haneul said.

“When did this happen?” Haneul asked.

“When I was in surgery, I signed it over to Kris. I took you off my will.” Gramps said.

“Why, why would you do this.” Haneul said.

“Because I had no choice, what if you weren’t going to be found. I was going to pass without having an heir to the business.” Gramps said.

“I… I…”

Haneul got up from the seat and walked to the door.

“Where are you going?” Gramps asked.

“To talk to Kris.” Haneul said.

Haneul shut the door behind her, she made her way to Kris’ room. Along the way, she peered into a room. She entered and saw a little sleeping boy, she walked over and peered at him.

“You must be Huan.” Haneul said.

“That is Huan.”

Haneul turned around and saw Chanyeol, she walked up to him.

“Where is Kris?” Haneul asked.

“I don’t know, I’m here to wake up Huan for Lunch.” Chanyeol said.

Haneul pushed past him and into the hallway again. She walked down the hall and turned to the left and entered Kris’ room. Kris looked up from his desk and Haneul walked over. She slammed her fists on the desk, she looked him straight in the eye not backing down.

“Give me back what is rightfully mine.” Haneul said.

“How could it be yours?” Kris asked.

“Don’t play with me.” Haneul said.

“How can it be when you weren’t here?” Kris said.

“Give it back.” Haneul said.

“Under one condition.” Kris said.

“What do you want?” Haneu asked.

“Marry me and I’ll give everything back.” Kris said.

Haneul laughed out loud and then looked at Kris with disgust.

“I would rather marry Luhan or one of the other members.” Haneul said.

“Funny, as if.” Kris said.

“Oh, want til you see it.” Haneul said.

“You…”

Haneul stood up and walked to the door, Kris shot up and blocked the door.

“Haneul…”

“Move.” Haneul said.

“No.” Kris said.

Kris took her by surprise and grabbed her, pushing her down on his bed.

“What do you think you're doing?” Haneul asked.

“Stoping you.” Kris said.

“Get off.” Haneul said.

“No, I can’t let you marry anyone beside me.” Kris said.

“Why does it have to be me.” Haneul asked.

“It has to be you.” Kris said.

Haneul used her knee to kick his side and that turned them over. Haneul pinned his arms above his head, she used her free hand to grip onto his chin.

“Tell me, why doe sit have to be me.” Haneul said.

“Because….”

The door opened and Kai walked in, he immediately turned around.

“Gramps told me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter