Chapter 26

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris walked towards her with his arms crossed and looked at her strangely. Haneul let out a shaky breath. All she could think about was that she got caught and it hasn't even been a day.

“Oppa.” Kris said.

Haneul embraced him and placed her face into his chest. She breathed in his scent and tighten her arms.

“Oppa.” Haneul said.

Kris froze and Haneul could feel him stiffen at her touch. She smirked and lifted her head to look at him.

“Oppa, I had a nightmare.” Haneul said.

Kris wrapped his arms around her and pulled her back into his chest.

“It’s alright.” Kris said.

Haneul hoped that Kris wouldn’t ask anymore questions. Kris removed her hands and looked down at her face.

“Everything will be fine.” Kris said.

Kris walked her back to her bed and Haneul laid down. Kris pulled the blanket over her and at down next to her.

“I’ll stay the night here.” Kris said.

“Okay oppa.” Haneul said.

Haneul mentally sighed, she didn’t want him to stay. Kris looked around the room and then his eyes landed on the flowers on the table.

“Who brought those flowers?” Kris asked.

Haneul looked at him and then to the flowers.

“I don’t know, they were already there when I woke up.” Haneul said.

Kris stood up and walked around the room. Haneul was glad that she got rid of the photo in time or eles she would be in for a lot of trouble. Kris returned to her side and took his seat.

“Sleep, I will be here.” Kris said.

“Oppa, did I call you oppa before?” Haneul asked.

Kris shook his head and looks at her.

“No, just Kris.” Kris said.

“Can I call you oppa then?” Haneul asked.

“Yes you can, whatever makes you feel comfortable.” Kris said.

“How did we meet?” Haneul asked.

“We grew up together.” Kris said.

“Did I like you or did you like me?” Haneul asked.

“We didn’t like each other that much, we’ve always fought whenever we saw each other.” Kris said.

“When did we fall in love?” Haneul asked.

Kris gulped and looked down at his lap. He fiddled with his fingers. Haneul noticed and smirked.

“It was a few years ago, we were arranged to be wedded.” Kris said.

“And?” Haneul asked.

“Then we fell in love.” Kris said.

Haneul scratched her head and looked at him.

“When did Huan come?” Haneul asked.

“Huan, he… is another child from my girlfriend. I didn’t know about Huan until a year ago. She had sent me him because she was getting married and didn’t want him anymore.” Kris said.

“How could she do that to her own child.” Haneul said.

“I’m sorry that I had another child.” Kris said.

“I’m alright with it. He needs a mother and I will take care of him.” Hanenul said.

Kris looked at her surprised, Haneul smiled to him.

“I don’t want him to not a have a mom.” Haneul said.

Haneul looks at Kris and grabs his hand.

“Do I have parents and siblings?” Haneul asked.

“You’re parents are deceased and so is your older brother. You only have Gramps.” Kris said.

“What about you?” Haneul asked.

“I have parents but no siblings. Earlier you remember Tao, my parents took him in and raised him alongside me. So we’re like brothers.” Kris said.

“Did I also grow up with those oppas too.” Haneul asked.

“We all grew up together.” Kris said.

Haneul looks at Kris hand and then to hers.

“How come we don’t have rings on our fingers.” Haneul asked.

“Oh, we’ll they’re at home.” Kris said.

“Oh I see.” Haneul said.

Kris scratched the back of his neck and Haneul looked up at the ceiling.

“What kind of accident was I in that caused me to not remember.” Haneul asked.

“You were in a car accident.” Kris said.

“What was I thinking?” Haneul said.

Kris pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back.

“It’s a good thing you survived. I wouldn’t know what to do if you weren’t here by my side.” Kris said.

“But I’m here.” Haneul said.

Kris let her go and Haneul laid down. She looked to him and Kris stared back.

“I’m going to bed, my head hurts a bit.” Haneul said.

Kris stood up and the lamp, he walked towards the door and shut the lights off. He came back and laid down on the small couch. Haneul saw that his feet was hanging off the couch and sat up.

“Why don’t you come over here and sleep next to me?” Haneul asked.

Kris sat up and Haneul patted the spot next to her. Kris got up and laid down next to Haneul. She pulled the blanket over him an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter