Chapter 35

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul woke up to the light in her eyes and she lifted her hand up to cover her face. She squinted her eyes and tried to open them but she felt a hand grab her hand. She removed her hand quickly and turned to see who it was and saw Kai smiling at her. He leaned down and hugged her, Haneul was confused on what happened. Kai got up and held her hand in his. Haneul noticed the tears in his eyes as he tried to hold them back.

“You’re finally awake.” Kai said.

Haneul tried to sit up but Kai stopped her from getting up. Kai looked over to the door and so did Haneul. She looked around the room and it was different from the one she was staying in.

“You’re currently on house arrest.” Kai said.

Memories of what happened with Kris came back to her and she shed a tear. Kai wiped it away and patted her head.

“You’ve been out for the past few days. You had a panic attack when Kris tried to…”

“So we didn’t do anything then?” Haneul asked.

“No, your body went into shock and stopped breathing. Kris called an ambulance and you’ve just been discharged yesterday morning.” Kai said.

“He knows…”

“He knows everything, we told him. He’s been down lately.” Kai said.

“He tried to…”

“I know and we’re not trying to make any excuses for him. He found out and he is mad at us all. He hasn’t been home for the past week. Huan is with him and I think they are at the beach house.” Kai said.

Haneul crossed her arms and Kai looked at her with worry.

“Are you hungry?” Kai asked.

“I want to eat.” Haneul said.

“Alright, I’ll be back up in a bit. I’ll get Chanyeol to stay with you. Everyone is out working.” Kai said.

Chanyeol opened the door and saw Haneul awake, he ran to her side and laid down next to her. He pulled her into his arms and tried to comfort her.

“Don’t be afraid, we’re here.” Chanyeol said.

Haneul wrapped her arms around him, he rubbed her back and Kai got up from the bed.

“I’ll be back.” Kai said.

Chanyeol nodded his head and Kai left the room, he turned his attention back to her.

“How are you doing princess.” Chanyeol asked.

“I’m alright.” Haneul siad.

“Everyone has been on their tip toes these past few days.” Chanyeol said.

“I can’t leave this room.” Haneul said.

“You just can’t leave the estate.” Chanyeol said.

“Can someone sleep with me tonight? Two is also fine.” Haneul said.

“Well see who is home later at night.” Chanyeol said.

“I don’t want to be in this room. I want to go out into the gardens.” Haneul said.

“We can’t take you outside for now. The doctors said it was best for you to stay inside.” Chanyeol said.

“This room is small and stuffy.” Haneul said.

“I know, we can move to my room then. I have a balcony.” Chanyeol said.

Chanyeol got up from the bed and went to the other side. He picked Haneul up with ease and she closed her eyes and leaned her head against his chest. She was still feeling dizzy and nauseous but she wanted to get out of that small room. Chanyeol walked out into the hallway and unexpectedly ran into Kris. He had a backpack hanging off one shoulder and Huan in the other arm. Chanyeol looked straight into Kris’ eyes and didn’t flinch. Kris looked at Haneul then back at Chanyeol. Haneul wondered what happened and decided it was best to ignore Kris so she kept her eyes closed. Kris didn’t even look at her and there was not blinking contest between Chanyeol and Kris.

“Why are you guys back already?” Chanyeol asked.

“I came to get a change of clothes for Huan” Kris said.

Huan wanted to to go down and Kris set him down on his feet. Huan went to Hanuel and reached his hands to touch her arm while calling for her.

“Mommy, mommy.” Huan said.

Huan looked up at Chanyeol who bent down so that e could see Haneul face to face. Haneul opened her eyes and looked at Huan, her face soften and Huan smiled.

“Mommy.” He said again.

“Huan…”

Kris came towards them and pick up Huan into his arms but Huan wanted to be with Haneul.

“Mommy is tired, we can play with her tomorrow.” Kris said.

Kris didn’t turn back to look at them and continue walking away with a crying Huan in his arms. Haneul closed her eyes and tears fell from her eyes. Chanyeol stood up from the ground and continued walking towards his room.

“It’s alright. Don’t cry.” Chanyeol said.

“I did so much wrong towards them.” Haneul said.

“That doesn’t matter, take care of yourself first. You can’t get sick again.” Chanyeol said.

“I’m so stupid.” Haneul said.

“I know.” Chanyeol said.

Haneul looked up at Chanyeol and he looked down at her.

“Both are you guys are stupid.” Chanyeol said.

Haneul leaned closer towards Chanyeol and laid her head on his chest.

“I just wish that we would have never walked down this path in the first place.” Haneul said.

“Too bad we can’t turn back.” Chanyeol said.

“You’re right.” Haneul said.

Chanyeol went to his room and the door was wide open, he wondered who was in his room. They entered and Baekhyun along with Chen were inside sitting on the sofa in his room watching tv. They turned their attention towards them, both of them got up and came towards them. Chen patted Haneul’s head and noticed the tears on her face.

“Why are you crying?” Chen asked.

Chanyeol set her down on the bed and covered her with a bla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter