Chapter 22

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul looked at the place in front of her and she looked at her clothes. Kibum shook her shoulders and lead her to the front.

“Are you sure here? I’m not even dressed nice?” Haneul said.

“It’s just a meal.” Kibum said.

“Everyone here is in a dress or suit.” Haneul said.

“So?” Kibum said.

“I don’t…”

Kibum wrapped his arm around Haneul’s shoulder and pulled her up with him to the door.

“I’ll get us a private area.” Kibum said.

“Fine.” Haneul said.

Kibum walked up to the server with Haneul, he looked to the server.

“Private table for two.” The server said.

Kibum nodded and Haneul looked at them. Kibum moved his arm and grabbed her hand. He pulled her along with him to the elevator. They got off on the fourth floor and was lead to a private room. Haneul walked towards the window and crossed her arms and stared outside the windows. People were walking and the streetlights were on. She smiled and Kibum took his seat.

“I always wanted to take you here. Do you like it?” Kibum asked.

“It’s pretty.” Haneul asked.

“I know.” Kibum said.

Kibum looked down at the menu and then stared up at her.

“What would you like?” Kibum asked.

“Anything is fine.” Haneul said.

“Alright.” Kibum said.

A waiter came in and took orders from Kibum. Haneul was still staring outside the windows. Kibum turned his attention towards her.

“What are you thinking about?” Kibum asked.

He looked at her and she turned to meet his gaze. She walked over and sat down across from him. She smiled and he felt his body tense.

“Because I feel like you’re forgetting something.” Haneul said.

“Like what?” Kibum asked.

Haneul reached into her jacket and pulled out the suit cuff. She held it up so Kibum can see it, he gulped in realization.

“Do you want to know where I found it?” Haneul asked.

Haneul placed it on the table and crossed her legs to lean back in the chair. Kibum looked at her and reached forward to grab the cuff. He examined it and indeed it was his. He looked at her and she glared at him.

“Where did you find it?” Kibum asked.

“I found it at Joonki place.” Haneul said.

Kibum felt a blow to his stomach and Haneul’s glare turned into a look of sadness. She crossed her arms and shook her head.

“I didn’t want to believe it at first but why?” Haneul said.

Kibum took a sip of the water and then he looked at her.

“I wish that you wouldn’t of found out like this.” Kibum said.

Kibum looked down at his lap and let out a sigh.

“Tell me what you’re planning on doing with those women?” Haneul asked.

Kibum looked up surprised and Haneul still staring at him.

“You don’t know?” Kibum asked.

“I came here without a weapon and no background information on what you and Joonki are doing. For all I know you could pull out a gun at any moment and shoot me.” Haneul said.

Kibum was surprised at her words and she leaned forward in her seat.

“Tell me why you were there?” Haneul asked.

“I… We only target women who didn’t have families or any more ties to the world. We sell them to the auctions and make money from that to buy weapons and drugs… Joonki didn’t tell me who we were working with at first and later I found out that it was Jaeseok.” Kibum said.

“How long?” Haneul asked.

“Three to four months.” Kibum said.

“Even though these women didn’t have a connection to anyone or the world. They still are human beings and you know how much I hate it when men degrade women.” Haneul said.

She looked teary eye at Kibum and tried not to cry. Kibum couldn’t say anything, it was like how he predicted the truth to come out.

“Why couldn’t you of come to me for help. You know I would do anything because you are my friend. The only one left who truly understands me.” Haneul said.

“Sometimes people fall to a place where they wish they would never end up. That day where I dropped my suit cuff at the cellar. I told Joonki I was out and we got into an argument. He told me that he would tell you and by the time you heard. We both would be six feet under. So I choose to stay quiet, there was no option to leave. I was in too deep.” Kibum said.

“You know what hurts the most, a good friend who went behind my back and stabbed me. Everyone always leaves me because I am not good enough. I would of wish you told me before you got yourself in too deep.” Haneul said.

Kibum looked at her sadly, his tears fell down and Haneul stood up.

“People make mistakes.” Kibum said.

Haneul took one last glance at Kibum and held her tears in.

“Because you were a good friend, I’ll let you off the hook. Next time you’ll be six feet under.” Haneul said.

Haneul bowed to him and she pushed the door open. The door ended up hitting the waiters and they watched as she stormed off. Haneul’s tears fell as she stood in the elevator. A couple got on and looked at her before turning to ignore her. Haneul got off on the ground floor and wiped her tears away. Once outside she walked towards a taxi and left. Kibum watched as the car drove away.

“I’m really sorry.” Kibum said.

Haneul walked into the building and Jaein greeted her.

“Welcome back.” Jaein said.

“Jino?” Haneul asked.

“In his office.” Jaein said.

“Thanks.” Haneul said.

Haneul walked towards the elevator and got in. Her phone vibrated and she looked to see who had messaged her.

 

“Kris hyung wants to know where you are?” -Sehun

 

Haneul turned her phone off and placed it back into her pocket. She got off the elevator and walked down the hall to the office. She knocked on the door and waited.

“Jino?” Haneul asked.

“Come in.” Jino said.

Haneul walked into Jino’s office and he looked up at her. Papers were scattered all over his desk.

“Why are you here? It’s late.” Jino said,

“I just wanted to know if Joonki confessed?” Haneul asked.

“He did give us another name and his motives.” Jino said.

“Kibum.” Haneul said.

“How did you know?” Jino asked.

“He confessed.” Haneul said.

“I’m sorry to hear that.” Jino said.

“I knew it wouldn’t last.” Haneul said.

Jino gave her a look and she shrugged her shoulders. He reached for a USB on his desk and handed it to Haneul. She looked at it and saw the letter L written in black on the end.

“Joonki gave that to me. He wants only you to watch it.” Jino said.

“Did you look at it?” Haneul asked.

“No, just scanned it to see if there was any tracking device in it. There's none, it’s safe.” Jino said.

“I’ll take it home and see what it is.” Haneul said.

“Also, one of the women we talked too said that the last time they came to pick the group of girls up was the day before we arrived. She mentioned there was a young man who they had beaten badly.” Jino said.

“A youngman? Description?” Haneul said.

“She couldn’t describe him, all she said was his face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter