Chapter 6

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum was reading a few files on his bed, he felt like something was odd. He pulled out his gun from the draw next to his bed, he stood up and the lights. He heard a tapping from the window, he pointed his gun over to the window ready to shoot. He waited and then a head popped up, he was about to shoot but he placed his gun down. He walked over to the window. He opened the window and helped pull her into his room.

“Haneul, I could of shot you! Are you crazy!” Kibum yelled.

Haneul pulled her ears and then she placed her hands back on her side.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t have the energy to climb up faster.” Haneul said.

Kibum closed his window before turned back to face her.

“How do you know where I live?” He questioned.

“I have my own resources.” Haneul chuckled.

“What are you doing here so late, your wedding is tomorrow.” Kibum yawned.

“I’m running away.” Haneul said.

“What!” Kibum said.

“I don’t want to marry him.” Haneul said.

Kibum stared down at the little girl and saw her happy face turn sad.

“Wait, come here.” Kibum said.

Kibum pulled her into a hug, he rubbed her back. Haneul looked at him and she breathed in his scent. Then her stomach growled ruining the moment, he let out a laugh.

“Let’s go downstairs and have something warm.” Kibum said.

Kibum held her hand and walked her down to his kitchen, he sat her down by the table and went to got two cups of tea.

“Here, have some. I’ll prepare you some food. It’s cold outside, how did you get to my place.” Kibum asked.

“The last time I met you, I placed a tracker on your jacket pocket.” Haneul said.

“No wonder, I let my guard down.” Kibum said.

“Sorry, I just need too.” Haneul said.

Kibum got up and walked into the kitchen, Haneul watched him get things out from the fridge.

“Why are you running away, are you not sad of what will happen if you’re gone.” Kibum said.

“No, I could careless.” Haneul said.

“What about your grandpa, his condition is not so good right now.” Kibum said.

“I need to leave them, I could only think about you for help.” Haneul said.

“Why me out of all people.” Kibum asked.

“You’re the only one link that no one will think of, it’s a safe spot.” Haneul said.

“So, you’ve thought of everything before even running away. How far did you think it out.” Kibum asked.

“I was going to either live with you for a bit or find friends in America. Not really sure of what to do right now.” Haneul said.

“Give me a good reason why I should help you.” Kibum said.

“I don’t want to marry him, also because my grandpa doesn’t understand why I’m fighting. It’s to take over his position, I guess when I’m gone he’ll realize it.” Haneul said.

“Who is going to take over then?” Kibum said.

“Kris will be in charge, good luck dealing with that bastard.” Haneul said.

Kibum cracked two eggs into his bowl of cut vegetables, whisking them with a pair of chopsticks.

“Where exactly are you going to stay in America?” Kibum asked.

“I’m not sure but I have a friend who lives there, I’ll stay with her. I just need your help to smuggle me out of the country.” Haneul said.

“You can leave with the items at the port we own, I know that there will be other people there who are smuggling out of the country too.” Kibum said.

“Thanks oppa, I knew I could count on you. When will it be leaving.” Haneul asked.

“Tomorrow night, at 9 pm.” Kibum said.

“Great.” Haneul said.

Kibum placed the freshly made fried rice in front of Haneul before staring down at her.

“Did you leave any notes for anyone.” Kibum asked.

“I left one for Kris.” Haneul said.

“Oh, that's good at least.” Kibum said.

Haneul took a bite and she put both her thumbs up to show Kibum how great it was.

“It taste very good.” Haneul said.

“That’s more like the Haneul I know.” Kibum smiled.

Haneul watched as Kibum was washing the dishes, she wanted to ask him something.

“Kibum, what happened to Wobin?” Haneul asked.

Kibum let out a sigh and then he smiled at Haneul.

“He died protecting his love, in the end she was the one who killed him. She lured him to the police and they shot him, he was betrayed in the end.” Kibum said.

“I tried finding articles on him but there was nothing but a death certificate published in the news papers.” Haneul said.

“I miss him but there is nothing we can do.” Kibum said.

“Oppa, will you miss me when I’m gone.” Haneul said.

“Yes, I will miss you.” Kibum smiled.

“Oppa, I’m thankful to have someone like you in my life. You’ve taught me valuable lessons.” Haneul said.

“What did I teach you.” Kibum asked.

“You taught me to that I’m still a good person, even if we do bad things. They are for a good outcome that will help others. I was so afraid of turning into a monster after I killed my first client.” Haneul said.

“Really, I don’t remember.” Kibum said.

“It’s when I cried for the first time by the girls locker room and you comforted me.” Haneul said.

“Now I remember, you were so strong and then you cried in front of me and the other hyungs didn’t even see you.” Kibum said.

“It’s because you remind me of my oppa who passed away, Hanbyul.” Haneul said.

“Oh, I remember now. You told me about him.” Kibum said.

“Also, oppa. Can I ask you to do me another favor.” Haneul said.

“Yes, what is it.” Kibum said.

“If one day they do manage to find you, tell them where I am. I know what they are capable of doing. Tell them everything that you know, I don’t want to see you get hurt.” Haneul said.

“It's fine, as long as you are not harmed.” Kibum said.

“Thanks.” Hane

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter