Chapter 47

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I updated yesterday so go back and read the previous chapter! 

Haneul was eating breakfast in her room with Xavier, Hanbyul had not been around for the last few days. He was busy dealing with Spades paperworks and Haneul was sad because she was not part of it. Xavier finished his meal and sat there watching Haneul poke her food with her chopsticks.

“At least eat your food instead of poking at it.” Xavier said.

“Did you find anything in Spades files or papers?” Haneul asked.

“Everything you told me about is true. The money is there but the files are trashed. Jaeseok might have taken them or destroyed them before we got to them.” Xavier said.

“I see… at least the money was there.” Haneul said.

“How did you know…”

“That’s a long story that doesn’t need to be told.” Haneul said.

“These past few days you’ve been out of it.” Xavier said.

“I’m just trying to mind my own business.” Haneul said.

“Do you feel like you’re being casted aside again?” Xavier asked.

“No, I don’t.” Haneul said.

“You need to stop bottling things up.” Xavier said.

“I’m not, there’s nothing. I just feel empty.” Haneul said.

Xavier got up and wrapped his arms around her. He knew when she felt empty was when she felt the most alone.

“You have me. I’ll always be there.” Xavier said.

“I know you will be there.” Haneul said.

“We’re going to have a sleepover tonight because we can’t go out to a club.” Xavier said.

“Will there be drinks though?” Haneul asked.

“There will always be drinks.” Xavier said.

Haneul smiled and wrapped her arms around his waist. Xavier patted her head and she looked up at him.

“You’re the sister I never had.” Haneul said.

“Yeah. Yeah, eat your food.” Xavier said.

“Yes sister.” Haneul said.

Haneul ate her food while Xavier sat there and watched videos on his phone. Once she was done, Xavier brought her bowls down to the kitchen while she got changed. Xavier returned and Haneul tied her hair up into a ponytail. 

“When will you be home today?” Xavier asked.

“Probably late again.” Haneul said.

“I’ll have our drinks ready with some snacks.” Xavier said.

“See you later then.” Haneul said.

Haneul wrapped her arms around his waist and Xavier patted her on the back. Haneul let him go and waved to him as she left her room. She walked to her car and got in, she drove off into town. She was not heading to work today, she had other plans. Once she parked outside of a building, she walked towards the bus stop. She stood there and waited for a few minutes for the bus to come. She noticed three men, one across the street looking at her, one at the bus stop with her, and the other parked two cars away. Haneul wasn’t sure who sent them but she had to lose them because she didn’t have time to play with them. Haneul got on the bus and the man went on also and sat a few seats back from her. The bus became crowded and Haneul took this chance to slip off the bus with a few other passengers. When the man noticed that Haneul was gone, he looked around for her. Haneul ducked behind a tree and looked around before she began moving to her destination. She got a taxi that took her to the other side of town, this side of town was more run down and many people on the streets begging for money. The taxi stopped outside of a clinic and Haneul got off. She walked inside and there was a small waiting room with a few patients sitting. She checked in at the desk with a nurse.

“Hi, I have an appointment at 9:30 am today.” Haneul said.

“Kim Minju.” She said.

“Yes.” Haneul said.

“We have your information already. Please take a seat over there and well call you in a bit.” She said.

Haneul took her seat and waited to be called by the nurse. It took a few minutes and then she was called. Haneul sat in a small room and waited for the doctor to come. Haneul waited patiently and then the doctor came in. She smiled and greeted Haneul with a hug.

“Kim Minju, what can I do for you today?” She asked.

“I called about a DNA test.” Haneul said.

“Yes, we’ll need to draw blood and send it to a DNA bank to get it tested to see if it matches anyone in the system. That should be ready in a week or two but how are you feeling?” She asked.

“I’m happy. I want to find my parents if not siblings are good too.” Haneul said.

“Glad to hear that, many people were able to find their families through this.” She said.

“Thank you Doctor.” Haneul said.

“I’ll go get the needles and test tubes.” She said.

Haneul felt scared but at the same time this was going to give her some closure. If she did match with someone then she would find her real family. If she didn’t match with anyone she was at a dead end again. The doctor came back and drew her blood, Haneul pressed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter