Chapter 2

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was finally the day where Haneul would be having the meeting with Jackals. Haneul with her men walked into the large room, expensively decorated. One of her men pulled out the chair for her to sit down, Haneul sat in peace. The waiter and waitress brought the food out and placed them on the large wooden table, Haneul seemed unmoved by it. Her men stood behind her, arms placed in front of themselves, Haneul adjusted her suit around. Just then the door opened again, revealing an old man with three men behind him. Haneul stood up and bowed slightly to him, he bowed slightly back to her.

"Hello, my name is Choi Haneul. I am the leader of Darts." Haneul said.

"Hello, my name is Kim Jisung. Retired leader of Jackals." He said.

"Please have seat." Haneul said.

He sat down, Haneul sat down.

"My grandson will be coming in a bit. He is the new leader, I just step down not too long ago." He said.

"I'm glad you could make it. What would you like to drink, it’s on the house." Haneul said.

“Just water, I haven’t been feeling good in a couple of days now.” He said.

“Water for Mr. Kim and I will take ice tea.” Haneul said.

The waiter bowed and left the room, Haneul was thinking about what the agreements were and how they would be put into action when the door opened revealing a handsome man. Haneul stood up and bowed to him, he looked at her with surprise.

“Haneul, Choi Haneul.” He said.

“Kibum Sunbae…”

“You two know each other?” Mr. Kim said.

“She is my dongsaeng when I was a senior in highschool.” Kibum said.

“Yes, he is someone I look up too.” Haneul said.

“Sit down and we can talk about this when we eat dinner.” Mr. Kim said

Kibum came over to the table and sat down, his eyes not moving from Haneul.

“This is where you have been? The others have been telling me about how you dropped out of school.” Kibum said.

“I had to take over my grandfather’s gang, Choi Haneul of Darts.” Haneul said.

“You didn’t even graduate from high school. What are you even going to do?” He asked

“I don’t need too, I’ve already graduated from College when I was a freshman in highschool. I took side classes when I was in middle school.” Haneul said.

“Well not everyone is smart like you.” He chuckled.

“Let’s talk business. I know that you want to take over…”

“Anything goes, I know I can trust you. We want in with Darts, can we be a group together?” Kibum asked.

“I thought you wouldn’t ask, I brought paperworks.” Haneul said.

“Great, where can I sign.” Kibum said.

Haneul moved her hand to her right hand man and he handed her papers and she passed them over to Kibum.

“Let’s get it over with.” Kibum smiled.

“I had so many things arranged if you wouldn’t agree, it’s such a waste it would go down the drain.” Haneul sighed.

“Aren't you glad to see me, stop thinking about this. It’s weird, very weird to see you as a gang leader.” Kibum said.

“I know but I have to do what I have to do, it’s my duty to my haraboji and family.” Haneul said.

Kibum handed the signed papers over to Haneul and she gave them back to her men. She chatted with Kibum and his grandpa, they ate food and then it was getting dark out. Haneul’s men reminded her that she had a meeting with gramps in an hour.

“If you’ll excuse me, I have a meeting with my grandpa in an hour. I’ll pay for the meal, thank you.” Haneul said.

“No, it’s on me. I can’t let a lady pay.” Kibum said.

“Okay then, thanks. I’ll be going now.” Haneul said.

She bowed to them and then walked out with her men behind her. Kibum leaned back in his chair, his grandpa gave him a look.

“You like her don’t you.” He said.

“She was the only one who kept me from feeling that I was a bad person.” Kibum said.

“She would be nice as a daughter in law, also she is leader of Darts.” He said.

“She only sees me as a sunbae who she admires and looks up too, she is an angle. I don’t know why she is doing this.” Kibum said.

“Everyone has there own reasons.” He said.

 

Haneul was in the car with her men, she looked out the window.

“Where does gramp want to meet?” Haneul asked.

“He would like for you to get changed at a place he reserved, also for you to get cleaned up if there was blood stains.” Jae said.

“What is the meeting about?” Haneul asked.

“I’m not sure, he said that he was meeting with an old friend.” Jae said.

“What does it require me to wear?” Haneul asked.

“You will know when we get to the boutique.” Jae said.

“Fine, everyone has been hiding things from me lately.” Haneul said.

Silence filled the car once again, and they arrived at the boutique. Chan got out and opened the door for Haneul, she stepped outside and rolled her eyes.

“You have to be kidding me.” Haneul growled.

“Grandpa told us to not tell you or you wouldn’t come,” Jae said.

Haneul pointed to the store, glaring at Jae.

“You expect me to wear that thing.” Haneul growled again.

“Yes, now please enter so we can get ready and leave.” Jae said.

“Fine,” Haneul said.

She walked into the store with her men behind her, a lady greeted them.

“Hello, my name is Kim Leena. Your reservation is ready, please come this way Ms. Choi.” Leena said.

Haneul turned to face her men, she motioned them over to the chairs.

“Sit there and wait for me,” Haneul said.

They bowed and walked over to the chairs, Haneul turned back and walked with Leena into the dress section. Leena walked over to a chair and motioned Haneul to sit down.

“Please sit while I go and get the dress for you to choose from.” Leena said.

Haneul sat down and adjusted her suit jacket, Leena returned with a rack of dresses and an assistant.

“This is my assistant, Kasey,” Leena said.

Kasey bowed to Haneul and she nodded her head back to them.

“These are the dresses that Grandpa Choi chose for you,” Leena said.

“Which one would you like to try,” Kasey asked.

“Just pick one and let me leave soon,” Haneul said.

“Since you’re pale and have medium length hair, how about this dress,” Leena said.

Leena pulled a lace white top with a blue bottom, Haneul sighed one last time.

“Okay, let’s do this,” Haneul said.

Haneul stood up and walked into a fitting room, Kasey went behind her and helped her change into the dress. Leena went to get accessories and hair stylist when she returned Haneul was sitting in the chair waiting for her. She laid the jewelry and clutches out in front of Haneul, and Haneul looked at them.

“Please choose some to wear and the clutch bag,” Leena said.

“Give me the chain necklace with the small bowtie on it and the diamond earing. I don’t need a bracelet. The black bag would be nice.” Haneul said.

Leena helped put the jewelry on and placed the clutch in Handel's lap. The hair stylist came and did her makeup and curled her hair, pinning her bangs to the side with a silver butterfly hair pin. Once she was done, it was time for her heels. Leena brought her a high heel, Haneul sighed and put them on. She was able to walk in them but she wanted to find a chair already.

“Now we can go back your men.” Leena smiled.

Once Haneul entered, her men were amazed by her beauty.

“It’s been so long since I've seen this side of you,” Jae said.

“Shut it, I’m only doing this because of Gramps,” Haneul said.

“Here are her clothes,” Leena said.

Leena handed Jae the bag of Haneul’s clothes, he took them and lead her out of the store. They entered the car and Haneul sighed, releasing her anger.

“You should've just let me go there dressed in my suit,” Haneul yelled.

“Grandpa Choi didn’t want that. Plus that hair pin looks pretty cool, is it like a weapon in disguise or something.” Jae said.

“How would I know, the hairstylist just placed it in my hair,” Haneul said.

“Don’t whine, we're almost to there. Brace yourself.” Jae said.

“Why would I need too?” Haneul said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter