Chapter 1

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In large room, a big round table placed in the center. Five out of the four chairs filled, no one dared say anything. The old men in the four chairs with their men standing behind them, all eyes on the door. The clock on the wall ticked, every second could be heard. Fifteenth seconds before one o’clock, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5… The door burst opened, revealing a young woman with her suit shirt stained with a couple droplets of blood.

“Sorry, I’m late.” She bowed.

“It’s about time, Haneul. You were five seconds early.” He said.

“Mr. Choi, I had to take care of some unexpected business along the way here.” Haneul said.

Haneul took her seat in the empty spot, her men stood behind her. Haneul raised her hand up, having one man put a file in her hand.

“Thanks Jae.” Haneul said.

Haneul opened the file, placing each document in order.

“So here are the old contracts to our territories and this one is the new contract.” Haneul said.

“Why do you think we will agree?” One man yelled.

Haneul hit the table and stood up, she glared at him. Both parties stood up and pointed their guns at each other, no one backing down.

“Do you really want to go against us, Mr. Lee. You know what we can do and how powerful we are. Also we know you need this more than we do, so shut it.” Haneul said.

He didn’t dare to reply, taking his seat and Haneul taking hers too.

“So, the new agreement will be the same but since you know Jackals are making there way into my territory and Mr. Choi’s. After that they will pretty much crush the rest, we can’t afford to let some new rising gang into our territory. There is a lot we can lose if the deal with Jackals goes wrong, you know how ruthless they can be.” Haneul said.

“So, what is the new deal with Jackals.” Mr. Choi said.

“I thought you would never ask.” Haneul smirked.

“Just say it already.” Mr. Lee said.

“The deal with Jackals is to have a meeting with their leader, I have made an arrangement with him already. The deal will either be for them to find their own territory or we can fight if they are not willing to back down.” Haneul said.

“Is that the only thing you can do, I knew your grandpa should've never let you take charge of Darts.” Mr. Jung said.

“I advise you Mr. Jung, you all know what I am capable of. Then do you have any better way to settle with Jackals then?” Haneul said.

Haneul looked around the room, the elder men looked away from her.

“See, what I mean. Either this deal goes right or we fight for what is ours. I know there has been a long time since we ever had another gang fight, lets hope that Jackal will back down.” Haneul said.

“What if they don’t? You know that all our sons are dead and no one can inherit our gangs. Your grandpa almost didn’t let you take over.” Mr. No said.

“I know that but there has to be trust among us, then we can do anything we want. We, Darts will promise to never turn our backs on Spades, Aces, HC, and Gunman.” Haneul said.

Haneul looked around at the people around the table, she made eye contact with Mr. Lee.

“If you turn on Darts, we promise to take you down without hesitation.” Haneul said.

“Then we have your backs and you have ours.” Mr. Jung said.

“Is this it of the meeting?” Mr. Choi asked.

“No, we have to settle another contract but next time will do it.” Haneul said.

Haneul stood up and walked over to Mr. Jung, he stood up and she bowed to him.

“Also, how is Mrs. Jung. I heard she is not too well, I will stop by later to visit her.” Haneul said.

“Thank you, she hasn’t been well in the past four days. Then I will see you later, I’ll have them prepare your favorite dish.” Mr. Jung said.

“Thank you.” Haneul said.

Haneul turned to face the rest of the elderly men and she bowed to the men.

“If you do not mind, my grandpa is waiting for me. I will be leaving first, please stay and enjoy your meal. It’s on me, also there is food in the next room for your men too. Please enjoy.” Haneul said.

Haneul handed the file back to Jae, she turned and walked out the door. The elder men watched as she left, Mr. Choi smiled.

“No wonder her grandfather let her take over. She is just like him too.” Mr. Choi said.

“She is also caring and has the same leadership.” Mr. Jung said.

“Who know, I might hand Aces over to her?” Mr. No said.

“She could do well and hold up all five gangs.” Mr. Choi said.

“Who would believe in a girl anyways?” Mr. Lee said.

“Just so you know, Gunman will turn against Spades. If you betray us in the end.” Mr. Jung said.

“I will never turn against my own group, we’ve been together for over 40 years.” Mr. Lee said.

“Keep your words then.” Mr. Jung said.

The food arrived and one man for each leader stayed by their side while the others went to enjoy the meal Haneul left for them.

Haneul walked out the door and down the hallway, she had on her poker face. Haneul stopped and turned to face her men.

“Jae, go and pay for the food.” Haneul said.

Jae nodded and turned to go pay for the meals, Haneul turned to Jimin.

“What time does Gramps want me home?” Haneul asked.

“He wants us to be home before 4 pm,” Jimin said.

Jae walked back over to her and bowed.

“I finished paying, we can now go.” Jae said.

Haneul looked at her wristwatch, it was already 3:28 pm.

“Let’s go home now, the meeting took longer than I expected.” Haneul said.

“Haneul, this way. I parked the car on the second floor.” Gun said.

“Let’s go then,” Haneul said.

Haneul had three men in front of her and behind her, they made it to the car and drove home. Haneul was tired and looked down at her clothes, there were blood stains on her shirt. Haneul closed her eyes, remembering what had happened earlier.

 

Haneul was making her way to the meeting, her men with her in the car. They were driving down the street, then three other cars surrounded their car. Chan stopped the car and Haneul looked outside the window.

“Looks like we got some company,” Gun said.

“What do they want?” Haneul sighed.

Haneul watched as the other men climbed out of the car and surrounded their car, Haneul watched as they came closer.

“Plan 32, now,” Haneul said.

Everyone nodded and got out on one side, everyone surrounded Haneul for her safety.

“Let’s get this over with quickly or else we will be late for the meeting,” Haneul said.

Haneul reached inside her suit jacket and pulled out her gun, her men did the same.

“Let’s do this,” Haneul said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter