Chapter 10

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris walked back into the mansion, he had just returned from a meeting with another gang. He sat down at the dining table, the maids brought out the food. He began eating when he heard footsteps coming closer to him. He placed the spoon down and turned to face him.

“Gramps, what brings you here?” Kris asked.

“I just came to check if you were alright.” Gramps said.

“You should be lying down and resting.” Kris said.

“It’s already been two months, I think I’ve recovered fine.” Gramps said.

“Please sit down and join me.” Kris said.

Gramps took a seat next to Kris, he placed a photo on the table. Kris looked at it and it was Haneul. She was standing on a dock, her hair was flowing down her back. Kris looked up at Gramps, who let out a sigh.

“This was taken when she was running away about six months ago, one of our smaller gang recognized her and took a photo.” Gramps said.

“Where is it at? There might be more clues from there.” Kris said.

“I had my men check it already, she left on a small boat smuggling people to another country. There are no clues, their business runs smoothly and nothing can be traced back to them. They have leaders who randomly choose the ending destination for the people. Who know where she could of ended up.” Gramps said.

“Another dead end, at least you have better information than me. The last wild chase Haneul had me on was a month ago, no clues, no messages.” Kris said.

A maid came running to the table, she bowed and place a piece of paper covered in dirt on the table.

“This was outside, I came across it in the front yard.” She said.

Kris looked down to the paper, smeared in dirt. He could see his name on the paper, he picked it up and read it.

 

Goodbye

 

Kris set it down and his mind was trying to understand it.

“What does it say.” Gramps said.

“Goodbye.” Kris said.

“How can…”

“No, there must be more. Maybe the dirt rubbed it off.” Kris said.

Gramps grabbed the letter and looked at it, there was nothing more than goodbye written on the paper.

“No, that’s it of it.” Gramps said.

“But.”

“I’ll take my leave home, I just stopped by to tell you about this since I didn’t have a time before the surgery.” Gramps said.

“Let me walk you to the door.” Kris said.

Kris got up and walked Gramps to the door, he helped Gramps into the car. He stood there and watched as the car left the driveway. He returned back to the table and saw there was another note and the other one was gone. He looked around and there was no one there. He picked it up and read it.

 

Kris,

I just want to say goodbye.

No more letters, notes, and games.

No longer Haneul, I’m a new person now.

I’m going to free myself.

Haneul

 

“Bull.” Kris said.

Kris threw it on the ground and he walked up to his room, he sat down on his desk and pulled out his file. He opened the file and began trying to make connections of Haneul’s movements since the beginning.

 

Haneul walked out of the hair shop, Simon couldn’t keep his hands out of her hair.

“This is a very good color.” Simon said.

“I always wanted to dye my hair blonde.” Haneul said.

“I like it, should I dye mine too.” Simon said.

“Just stick to your hair color, I like it.” Haneul said.

“Where are we going too?” Simon asked.

“I’m going to go shopping, will you go with me bestfriend.” Haneul said.

“Ofcourse. I need a new suit.” Simon said.

“Let’s go shopping!” Haneul yelled.

“Let’s go!” Simon said.

They got into his car and drove to the nearest mall, Haneul looked at her reflection in the car mirror.

“Now I’m finally living life.” Haneul said.

“What?” Simon asked.

“I’m hungry.” Haneul lied.

“Let’s eat when we get there, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter