Chapter 16

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Xiumin walks into Kris’ office, he knocks on the table. Kris looks up from his papers and sees Xiumin crossing his arms. Kris leans back into his chair and stretches his arms.

“What?” Kris asked.

“Someone is here to see you.” Xiumin said.

“Who is it?” Kris asked.

“Well…”

The office door opens up and there standing was Xavier, Kris stood up and walked over to him.

“What are you doing here?” Kris asked.

“I can’t even come here?” Xavier questioned..

Xavier looked at Xiumin and then back to Kris.

“Private talk now.” Xavier said.

“Go outside Xiumin.” Kris said.

Xiumin looks at them and then he walks out with the door closing behind him. Kris walks back to his seat and sits down. Xavier walks over to the chair and sits across form him.

“Usually people go to find you.” Kris said.

“I know.” Xavier said.

“What brings you here?” Kris asked.

“I know it's been over 9 months but I just want you to know that I know where Haneul is.” Xavier said.

Kris leans back in his chair, legs crossed. Kris eyes him confused and doubtful.

“What does that have to do with you?” Kris said.

“I’m willing to give you that information if you give me something in return.” Xavier said.

“What do you want?” Xavier said.

“I need protection.” Xavier said.

“From what?” Kris asked.

“For the past few days someone has been taunting me.” Xavier said.

“Who?” Kris asked.

“I don’t know, the targets I get from people are disappearing before I even get the chance to lift a finger.” Xavier said.

“I heard about the last one, Oh Jenny. She was found dead in the alley way, hands tied behind her back and a long slit across her neck. A note in her pocket threatening to kill you. James told me, he wanted her alive for 1.2 million won. James said it was your fourth loss victim.” Kris said.

“That bastard.” Xavier said.

“I can clearly see why you are here but I don’t think I can do much.” Kris said.

“I also need more than protection. I need access to your files that can help me take him down. I remember Haneul told me that you have a large database.” Xavier said.

“I can protect you but database? I don’t think so.” Kris said.

“I guess I can ask someone eles, he has more than you and can probably do me a lot more favors.” Xavier said.

Xavier stood up and looked at Kris in the eye. He walked to the door and was going to open it. Kris threw a dagger and it landed on the wall next to Xavier’s hand.

“Don’t even think about asking Kangjun.” Kris said.

Xavier didn't move, he laughed.

“Kangjun doesn’t need to know about this.” Kris said.

“Do I get the benefits or not?” Xavier asked.

“Give me the location.” Kris said.

“After you sign the contract.” Xavier said.

“What contract?” Kris asked.

Xavier pulled the dagger out of the wall and laughed.

“You might want to fix that.” Xavier said.

He walked back over and sat down, he pulled a folded paper out from his suit jacket. He placed it right in front of Kris, flattening the sides down.

“Sign here and date.” Xavier said.

Kris picks up the paper and reads, it was everything that they had talked about.

“What if you’re lying.” Kris said.

“I would never lie, I’m putting my life on the line.” Xavier said.

“Aren’t you already on the line once you tell me where she is?” Kris said.

Xavier laughed out loud and leaned back into his chair. Kris looked at Xavier who was laughing like a crazy man.

“Why aren’t you known as Joker, your laugh is almost close to it.” Kris said.

“Funny one.” Xavier said.

“What’s your real plan?” Kris said.

“Do you trust me?” Xavier said.

“Trust is the wrong word.” Kris said.

“Believe me because I’m sure Kangjun will. He will do anything for Haneul.” Xavier said.

Kris grabbed a pen and signed it, Xavier looked at him and them chuckled.

“Now that’s a boy.” Xavier said.

Xavier folded the paper and put it in his pocket. He stood up and walked to the door, Kris stood up and hit his desk.

“Where is she?” Kris asked.

Xavier turns around and smirks at Kris, his fixes his suit jacket.

“I’ll text you the address in three days.” Xavier said.

“Give it to me now.” Kris said.

“Good things comes to those who wait.” Xavier said.

“Three days, no text. I will make sure that I put a bullet through that brains of yours personally.” Kris said.

“Let’s wait and see then.” Xavier said.

Xavier walks out of the room and Kris sits back down. His eyes not leaving the door, it opens to reveal Xiumin.

“That was fast.” Xiumin said.

“Have a few men tag him.” Kris said.

“Sure, what did he do?” Xiumin asked.

“He will send a text in 3 days of the location of Haneul.” Kris said.

“What did you give in return?” Xiumin asked.

“Protection and our databases.” Kris said.

“Database, are you messing with me now. If he has hands on that then we're basically done. He can sell us out.” Xiumin said.

“No he can’t, as long as Haneul is found and comes back. She won’t let him even speak a word.” Kris said.

“Where is she?” Xiumin said.

“That answer will arrive in three days.” Kris said.

Kris stood up and grabbed his jacket, briefcase and headed to the door.

“What if he betrays us.” Xiumin said.

“Then I will put an end to him.” Kris said.

Kris turns back to Xiumin and then eys his phone on the desk. Xiumin walks over and picks up the phone. He throws it over to Kris who catches it and slides it into his suit jacket.

“Where is Huan?” Kris asked.

“Luhan, D.O and Tao went to the hospital. It’s for his check up. They will be back home in an hour.” Xiumin said.

“I’m on my way to meet with Kasper.” Kris said.

“Why?” Xiumin said.

“Kasper is waiting for the contract.” Kris said.

Kris walks out and Xiumin sits down in the chair. He lets out a sigh and takes his phone out. He clicks on the contact and waits for the other person to pick up.

“Hello.” He said.

“He took the bait.” Xiumin said.

“Good job.” He said.

“Did you have to bring up Kangjun?” Xiumin asked.

“It helped with him signing the papers.” Xavier said.

“It pushes his buttons because you know what happened to them.” Xiumin said.

“I know but it’s good thing he didn’t notice the large empty section at the bottom. I’ll spray it with chemical to reveal the rest of the contract.” Xavier said.

“Where are you headed now?” Xiumin asked.

“I’m in my car.” Xavier said.

“Make sure that you don’t get caught. Kris is sending his men to tail you.” Xiumin said.

“Oh, I’ll make sure to enjoy the next three days.” Xavier said.

“Also, tell Haneul to be ready because I can feel that it won’t go down so well planned.” Xiumin said.

“I’ll tell her but thanks for trusting me.” Xavier said.

“Anyone friends with Haneul, is my friend.” Xiumin said.

“Good. Is everyone in place for the next plan.” Xavier said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter