Chapter 30

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The figure turned around and Haneul lowered her gun to her side and smirked at the person.

“Luhan, I should have known,” Haneul said.

Luhan pulled his hood down and Haneul put the gun back into her jacket. He walked towards her and Haneul looked away from him.

“You lied to us,” Luhan said.

“What are you talking about?” Haneul said.

Haneul looked around for people and then shook her head at him. She lifted her shoulders up and acted cluelessly. Luhan let out a sigh and grabbed a small gray device from his pocket. He clicked the button and the audio went on.

“Tell me, do you think…”

“Hand it over and no one gets hurt,” Haneul said.

“Everyone is already hurt,” Luhan said.

“Fine, what do you want in setting this all up?” Haneul asked.

Luhan looked at Haneul in the eyes and she felt how warm his eyes were. The look he gave her made her think back to the times they were close.

“Let us in, let us help you. You don’t have to shut us out anymore.” Luhan said.

Haneul’s tears threatened to fall but she held it down and looked at him.

“I don’t need you guys. I can do this myself. Just play your role.” Haneul said.

Luhan took a step towards her, Haneul held her hand up to stop him.

“Stop,” Haneul said.

Luhan put both his hand up and walked slowly towards her.

“We know how it feels, you push us away because you want to protect us. It’s not going to happen like that again, we’re not going to turn our backs on you like the first time.” Luhan said.

Haneul let out a tear and Luhan ran to her, wrapping his arms around her. He placed his cheek on top of her head and rubbed circles on her back to calm her down.

“It’s alright to cry,” Luhan said.

Haneul hit him in the stomach and Luhan chuckled at her action towards him.

“I’m not weak,” Haneul said.

“You’ve bottled your emotions for too long. In a bit, you’re going to ask for ice cream.” Luhan said.

Haneul tried to stop her tears but they kept flowing down her face.

“Guys you can come out now, I’ve disarmed the weapon,” Luhan said.

Haneul chuckled and Luhan laughed. The door from the side opened up and everyone rushed towards them.

“Group hugs everyone,” Tao yelled.

“Gosh, I missed you,” Chanyeol said.

Sehun leaned his head on Haneul’s shoulder, Tao fights him for the shoulder. Everyone reach their arms around one another and Haneul chuckles.

“We’re missing someone,” Haneul said.

“He doesn't need to know.” Luhan chuckled.

“You’re right,” Haneul said.

Baekhyun leaned his head towards Luhan’s direction and Luhan turned to him.

“Should we move to the safe house,” Baekhyun said.

Luhan nods back to him and separates everyone from each other. He grabs Haneul’s arm and turns to look at the group members.

“Split up and meet at the safe house,” Luhan said.

Everyone nodded and then Tao raised his hand.

“What is it?” Suho asked.

Tao lifted his phone up and it was vibrating, Suho’s eyes widen at who had called.

“What should I say to Kris?” Tao asked.

“I don’t know, make something up?” Lay said.

Haneul reached for the phone and then coughed to clear before picking up.

“Hello,” Haneul said.

“Oh, Haneul,” Kris said.

“Did you want to talk to Tao?” Haneul asked.

“Oh, I was calling to check if you guys were coming home? I missed you.” Kris said.

“I miss you too,” Haneul said.

Everyone looked at Haneul, Chen and Kai pretend to barf. Haneul put her finger in front of to silence them.

“Are you guys done? You’ve been gone the whole day and...”

“Right now we’re at a restaurant, I’ll bring you some food when we leave,” Haneul said.

“Hurry home,” Kris said.

“Alright, see you later,” Haneul said.

“Love you,” Kris said.

“Love you too,” Haneul said.

Sehun held onto Baekhyun and they pretended to kiss one another and get all touchy with one another. Haneul hung up the phone and glared at them.

“What’s the matter?” Haneul asked.

“You’re like so fake or was that real?” Baekhyun asked.

“I think it’s real,” D.O said.

“It’s fake,” Haneul said.

“That’s not what is important right now, we need to get to the safe house,” Luhan said.

Luhan held onto Haneul’s hand and tugged her along with him to his car. Kai and Chen climbed into the car along with them. Everyone else got into two cars and they all drove in different directions. A few minutes later they arrived outside of a house in the perfect neighborhood, Haneul climbed out. She walked towards the door and knocked on the door, she waited but there was no reply.

“Open the door, I know your inside. I can see the tops of your heads.” Haneul said.

Chanyeol came to the door and gave her a pouty face.

“We thought you couldn’t see us,” Chanyeol said.

“I saw the tops of your head along with Sehun’s head. It’s hard to hide when you're tall.” Haneul chuckled.

Chanyeol pulled her into a hug and rubbed her hair. Haneul tried to get away but it was no use. By the time Chanyeol was done with her, Haneul’s hair looked like a birds nest. She gave him a look and he cowered a bit before she laughed. Haneul made her way inside and took a seat on the couch next to D.O but Chanyeol sat on the other side of her. Slowly everyone gathered into the living room and Lay closed the blinds and took his seat. Haneul ran her hand through her hair and it was still tangled up.

“How long have you’ve kept this from us?” D.O asked.

“Since I pretend to lose my memories,” Haneul said.

“That’s not funny, here we are thinking that you’ve returned to normal,” Sehun said.

“I did go back to acting like the younger me,” Haneul said.

“Do you even like Huan?” Kai asked.

“How can I not like him? He’s a cute kid.” Haneul said.

“Well, he is your kid now,” Chen said.

“I know he is and I will protect him,” Haneul said.

“Kris would be so heartbroken if he found out you were just playing with him,” Lay said.

“He lied to me when I woke up too. So there's no point in getting hurt.” Haneul said.

“Do you even feel a little bit in love with him?” Tao asked.

“My heart is not wavering at all,” Haneul said.

Chanyeol wrapped an arm around her shoulder and placed his cheek on top of her head.

“Still ice cold as always,” Chanyeol said.

“Will always be,” Haneul said.

Xiumin’s mind kept thinking of Hanbyul, he wanted answers. He stood up and looked at Haneul across the table.

“Where is he?” Xiumin asked.

Baekhyun pulled Xiumin down into his seat and tried to cover his mouth.

“We said we wouldn’t ask,” Baekhyun whispered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter