Chapter 37

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul held a pillow while she sat on Luhan’s bed as he was choosing his clubbing outfit. He pulled out a white shirt with blue designs on the sleeves and put it against his body as he turned to face Haneul.

“This one?” Luhan asked.

“Nope, maybe the dark gray one.” Haneul said.

Luhan put his shirt back and reached out for the other. He threw it on and buttoned it up. 

“Since it’s your first time going out again, are you going to come home tonight?” Haneul asked.

“No, I’m going home with someone.” Luhan chuckled.

Haneul wanted him to come back later because she wanted to talk to him but it was fine with her. Haneul stared at him while he turned to face her, he smirked and then laughed out loud.

“I’m really not lying.” Luhan said.

“I know but don’t get hurt alright.” Haneul said.

“Me, hurt?” Luhan asked.

Haneul crossed her arms and gave him a look up and down, Luhan seemed to be a bit tired these days.

“You seem a bit fatigued.” Haneul said.

“That’s why I’m not going to be coming home tonight.” Luhan said.

“Alright, I know.” Haneul said.

Haneul laid down on his bed, his scent was always calming to her. She would have to go and sleep with the others who arent working. Haneul let out a sigh and Luhan took a seat next to her.

“Let me ask you a question, just don’t take it to heart alright.” Luhan said.

“What is it?” Haneul asked.

“It’s been four years since you ran away that day, do you plan to still keep running away forever.” Luhan asked.

Haneul shook her head and gazed up at Luhan, he stared back at her. It bothered her and she turned her head away.

“It was the only way, the only way I had left. I wanted to leave everything and start a new life. I wanted to escape this life.” Haneul said.

Luhan wrapped his arm around her shoulder, he rubbed her back. She tilted her head up to look at him.

“I’ve thought countless times that I could live a better life than this one.” Haneul said.

“Don’t we all wish the same.” Luhan said.

Haneul turned to look at him, a sad smile on his face and not one word. 

“Who was she?” Haneul asked.

“Someone I had to let go.” Luhan said.

Haneul saw how his eyes lit up when he talked about her but then they flash pain. Luhan shook his head and stood up from the bed.

“Not going to talk about this right now.” Luhan said.

“Tell me.” Haneul begged.

“It’s only going to ruin my mood and I can’t party anymore.” Luhan said.

Haneul grabbed his hand and Luhan turned back to look at her.

“Who is she, I can help you guys.” Haneul said.

“She’s dead.” Luhan said.

“Are you lying to me?” Haneul asked.

“There's nothing you can do to bring her back.” Luhan said.

“Luhan…”

“You should go to the others. I’m going to head out, don’t wait for me.” Luhan said.

Luhan grabbed his keys and suit jacket, he didn’t even spare a glance at her. Haneul watched as he left and she put his pillow down. She gathered herself and made her way to the room two doors down. Haneul knocked on the door and a few seconds later Kai opened the door. Kai was drying his hair with a towel and Haneul stormed in. Sehun looked over to them and saw Haneul coming towards him.

“What’s wrong?” Kai asked.

Sehun moved over and Haneul pulled the blanket over her as she laid down. He watched her stare blankly at the ceiling. 

“What happened?” Sehun asked.

“Luhan seems to be mad at me.” Haneul said.

“But he’s never ever gotten angry with you.” Kai said.

Kai sat down crossed legged at the edge of the bed after fanning out his towel on the desk chair. Sehun sat up and pulled Haneul up to sit too. She looked at him with an annoyed face and so did he too.

“Why don’t we play a game?” Sehun asked.

“I wanted to talk to Luhan but he’s mad now.” Haneul said.

“You can talk to us.” Kai said.

“Let’s just go to bed.” Haneul said.

Haneul pulled the blanket over her and laid down. She closed her eyes and tried to get some sleep. 

“Let’s go eat something.” Sehun said.

“Yeah that would be better than to deal with her.” Kai said.

Sehun got up and Kai did the same too, they turned off the lights but left the lamp on for Haneul. They left the room but kept the door open. Haneul lifted her head up to see if they left, she laid down again and rolled herself into a ball as she tried to sleep. It felt like a few minutes went by when she heard things being broken and yelling that began to get closer and closer.

“Wake up Haneul!” Sehun shouted.

“Haneul!” Kai yelled.

Haneul woke up only to be pushed back onto the bed, two big men held her down. Haneul tried to break free but it was no use. Kai laid on the ground as one man held him down and the other held a gun to his face.

“Who are you, what are you doing!” Haneul yelled.

A man walked into the room, he walked over to where Sehun was. He placed his foot on Sehun’s chest and applied pressure. Sehun yelled out in pain as Kai tried to break free from the man’s grip.

“Smother her with the chloroform. We need to move out before the others return.” He said.

The other man held the towel over her face and she tried not to breathe but Kai was being kicked in the stomach, she took a breath accidentally.

“Kai!” Haneul yelled muffledly.

“Haneul, don’t breathe…”

Haneul could feel her eyelids getting heavy by the second, she looked into the eyes of the man who was staring down at her. Something about him didn’t fit right with her, it’s like she’s seen him somewhere before. She closed her eyes and the screams and yells began to get muted out.

One of the men in the room grabbed a bucket of water and threw it in her face. Haneul woke up as she coughed up the water. Haneul raised her head up and looked around the room. She could see that they were in a small room, brick walls with only one entrance to her left and two men infront of her. One stood while the other sat down in a chair directly in front of her. She turned to the right side and saw a red light on the ceiling, she knew there was a camera. She cracked her neck from the stiffness, her arms were tied behind her back and legs were chained to the metal chair she was sitting on. She looked at the two men infront of her, one was shorter than the other. She looked at their posture, their eyes, and their faces that were covered with a black mask. The shorter one bent down to her eye level and stared at her. Haneul tried to get up but she didn’t move one bit form her seat at all like she was glued to the metal chair.

“What’s the hurry?” He asked.

“Where are they?” Haneul asked.

He stood up and crossed his arms, he turned his head to look at the other. The tall one nodded back to him and turned to leave the room.

“Wasn’t it a bit TOO easy to break in?” He asked.

“No one has ever broken into…”

A thought came to haneul’s mind, she wondered where Luhan was. If he was not captured then he was safe and she hoped he had known by now that they were gone. She thought he must be looking for her and the others.

“What are you thinking about?” He asked.

“Nothing.” Haneul lied.

“Oh, I know.” He said.

The short one went out the room, Haneul looked around the room and tried to see if there was any way to escape. She tried to stand up again but it was no use, he returned a few minutes later. He dragged Huan by the arm and let him go as he closed the door. Haun ran into her arms and wrapped his hands around her waist. Haneul’s heart almost broke, she called out to him.

“Huan.” Haneul said.

“Mommy.” Huan cried.

Haneul leaned her face against the top of his head as he continued to cry. In her calmest voice she tried to talk to him so he wouldn’t feel scared.

“Where is daddy?” Haneul asked.

Huan looked up at her with tears in his eyes and shook his head. He wrapped his arms around her again, she could feel him shaking. Haneul looked up at the man who didn’t even show any sort of emotions.

“Why did you take him?” Haneul asked.

“We took everyone.” He replied.

“Huan has nothing to do with this! He’s just a child!” Haneul yelled.

The tall one returned with a gray piece of fabric, Haneul felt her heart drop to her stomach. 

“Boss, we just put the last one in with the rest. He just returned and was drunk so we got him easily.” The tall one said.

The short man chuckled and then bent down and whispered towards Huan.

“Tell her what we did with daddy.” The short one said.

Huan refused to look at him, he hid his head in Haneul’s side. Haneul turned to look at him, she needed to know who eles was here.

“Are all the uncles here too?” Haneul asked.

Huan nodded his head and Haneul looked back to the men. She tried to break free but the chains held her back.

“I know you want me, let them go.” Haneul said. 

The short one shook his head, Haneul got angry and tried to stand up. He looked at the tall one and he went to slide the chair towards them. The tall one opened the laptop and left the room, the short man turned her chin to face the screen. Haneul saw that there was a live feed to four rooms. Each room contained 3 of them and the rooms were lit up and she could see the walls were like a rusted metal. All of them were on their knees and had their hands tied above their heads with chains. Haneul knew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter