Chapter 36

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Forgive me for not updating.

I honestly debated whether or not I wanted to continue this story.

In the end, I realized it would not be fair since I have like 35 chapters up already.

Please look foreward to the future chapters!

It's going to be hell of an intense ride.

My readers:

Haneul rolled over in Chanyeol’s bed, she stared at him while he was on his laptop.

“When will you be done? I’m so bored.” Haneul sighed.

Chanyeol didn’t spare her a glance and continued to work through her sighs. She began to yawm, sigh and whistle to get his attention. Chanyeol turned towards her and covered his ears, he swore they were probably bleeding.

“It’s been like this for the past four days, take your afternoon nap already.” Chanyeol said.

Haneul pulled the blanket over her and continued to stare at Chanyeol. She mentally sighed as she found nothing in the past few days. She even asked them about a code but none of them knew. They thought there was probably something but then again it was probably taken or gone. She spent the next few days in agony, her mind would not stop wondering about the USB drive. 

“Why don’t you just go to the kitchen and eat something.” Chanyeol said.

Haneul stood up from the bed and walked out the room, she needed to get her mind away from trying to figure out the code.

“Hey!” Tao yelled.

Haneul turned around and saw Tao with D.O and Suho. They looked like they just returned from outside as they walked towards her from the entrance.

“Where did you guys come from?” Haneul asked.

“From Heaven ofcourse.” Tao said.

D.O looked at him before he made his way towards Haneul to give her a hug.

“We came back from work but Suho was at Gramps.” D.O said.

“Why did you go visit Gramps?” Haneul asked.

“I went to let him know how you were doing and also work too.” Suho said.

Suho wrapped his arms around her and kissed her temple. Tao quickly ran over and pushed D.O out of the way and held her hand.

“Let’s have lunch together and then bake something sweet with D.O.” Tao said.

D.O shook his head, he was too tired from working overtime. He looked at Haneul and nodded his head.

“I’m tired, I’m going to bed.” D.O said.

“Have a good sleep.” Haneul said.

D.O nodded his head and turned away to his room. Haneul looked at Suho as Tao kept shaking her hand.

“Can I leave to go visit Gramps?” Haneul asked.

“I guess you can, do you want me to…”

“No! You’re not going anywhere! We’re going to eat lunch and bake without D.O!” Tao yelled.

Haneul shook her head and Suho glared at Tao. Haneul and everyone was starting to get tired of Tao always raising his voice like a child. They knew he just wanted attention since everyone became busy.

“Can you stop yelling!” Suho raised his voice.

“You don’t have to take me. You guys go get some sleep. I’ll get a guard to send me.” Haneul said.

Haneul quickly rushed back to her room as they stood there confused.

“Hyung, are we…”

Suho turned away and walked towards his room. Tao stared at his back before he answered.

“She can go wherever she wants too, I’m too tired to be arguing with her.” Suho said.

“But…”

Suho turned the corner and Tao stood there debating what he wanted to do. Everyone didn’t have time to hang out anymore. He knew if things kept going at this pace, everyone would be distant again like in the past.

“Why am I always left alone!” Tao yelled.

Haneul watched as she arrived in front of her home, it felt like ages since she had come back. The driver stopped and turned to face Haneul. She was still staring outside but he coughed to get her attention.

“Do you want me to come inside too?” He asked.

“You can stay here or do whatever you need to. It might take long.” Haneul said.

“Alright then, I’ll be here.” He said,

Haneul nodded her head and grabbed her bag, she opened the car door and stepped out form the car. She looked to the top of the stairs and there stood Jae, his face was shocked and she almost felt like crying.

“Haneul.” Jae said.

The softness in his voice brought back countless memories they spent together. Haneul quickly ran towards him as he descended the stairs and pulled her into a long hug.

“Where have you been? How have you been? Have you eaten yet?” Jae asked.

“It’s a long story for me to explain. I’ve been good for the past few days and yes I ate.” Haneul said.

“I heard so much but I couldn’t visit because I was caught up with the work here.” Jae said.

“I missed you.” Haneul said.

“I missed you more.” Jae chuckled.

“Is Gramps in? I need to talk to him.” Haneul said.

“He’s in his study, I came out because I thought Suho was coming to get his files.” Jae said.

“Well then, I’m going to his study.” Haneul said.

“Let me walk with you.” Jae said.

They ascend the stairs and Haneul held onto Jae’s hand, he sensed her hand was sweaty and shaking a bit.

“Why are you tense?” Jae asked.

“This home, it still scares me.” Haneul said.

“I know, remember when we returned after our first mission. We were scared and home didn’t make it feel any safer.” Jae said.

Haneul nodded her head, Jae had always been by her side since the beginning. He entered Darts when he was just 17. He had no one and nowhere to go, this place became home for him.

“It’s been so long since you’ve moved to EXO’s mansion, I haven’t seen you since. Are you still…”

“I still have the breakdowns, I just went through one a few days ago.” Haneul said.

Jae stopped and wrapped his arms around her, he was scared when she would do that. The last time when she had a breakdown she almost killed herself if he didn’t step in. 

“I thought you would get better with time but it's starting all over again. You need to get help.” Jae said.

“I don’t think I can be cured as long as I am still doing things here.” Haneul said.

Jae tilted her face up, he stared into her eyes and he smiled. He knew she was hiding something from him. Haneul turned her head to the side while Jae studied her again.

“I got help, I’m doi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter