Chapter 27

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris laid there watching Haneul who was still sleeping. The sun had already came through the curtains and into the room. Kris ran his hand through her hair and held his breath as Haneul began to move. Haneul rolls over and smiles to Kris who stares back at her. She pulls herself closer to him and wraps her arms around Kris torso. She snuggled her head into his chest and breaths in his scent. Kris chuckles and runs his hand through her hair.

“Morning.” Kris said.

Haneul removes her face from his chest and stares up at him. Kris eyes her suspiciously and then laughs at her.

“What’s so funny?” Haneul asked.

Kris brushes her hair to the side and pulls her into a hug again. He breathed in her scent and close his eyes.

“I want to wake up with you in my arms every day. I want to feel your warmth and listen to your heart beat. I want to love you in slow motion.” Kris said.

Haneul sits up and wrapped the blanket around her. Kris lays there staring at her, she was beautiful.

“Why are you such a helpless romantic?” Haneul asked.

Kris places his hand on her cheek and Haneul could feel the warmth spreading on her face.

“Because you’re a beautiful flower that I want to take care of so that it will survive a long time.” Kris said.

Haneul blushed and Kris sat up, he pulled her close to him. Haneul laid in his chest and closed her eyes. She wish it would always be like this but she knew it was too good to be true. It felt like time had froze for them and they wished it did. There was a knock on the door and they both turned to look at the door.

“Come in.” Kris said.

The door opened and revealed Baekhyun holding Huan's hand. Baekhyun's hair was messy and Huan was still in his pajamas.

“How long do you guy plan to sleep it. Huan’s been awake for like an hour now. Chen dropped him off at my room but I just got off work this morning. I slept for two hours.” Baekhyun said.

Haneul looked to the clock on the table and it was already 10:38am and she unwrapped herself from the blanket. She lifted Huan up into her arms and side hugged Baekhyun.

“Go to bed, we won’t bother you anymore.” Haneul said.

Baekhyun wrapped both his arms around Haneul and pulled her close.

“I haven’t talked to you in forever, let’s talk when I wake up.” Baekhyun said.

Kris gave Baekhyun the side eye and Baekhyun rolled his eyes before letting her go.

“I’m going to bed.” Baekhyun said.

Baekhyun his heels and left the room. Haneul kissed Huan on the cheek and Kris’ heart soften.

“Let’s take bath and get changed. I’ll make you curry today.” Haneul said.

Haun nodded his head and smiled. Haneul pinched his cheek and turned around to face Kris.

“I’ll get him dressed. Don’t you have somewhere to go today?” Haneul asked.

“I have a meeting at 1:30pm but I still want to stay home.” Kris said

“You can get ready after Huan is done.” Haneul said.

“I’ll wait.” Kris said.

Kris laid down on the bed and Haneul entered the bathroom with Huan in her arms. Kris looked up to the white ceiling, so many things on his mind. It’s been two weeks since Haneul came home from the hospital. Huan’s gotten a lot better and Dr. Lee said he gain five pounds. Also Huan is more responsive and slowly talking but still need more work there. Gramps got what he wanted but in the back of Kris’ mind he knows it will end one day. For now he wants to treasure the time they spend together hoping that maybe she might let him in one day.

“It’s open now.” Haneul said.

Kris sat up and saw Huan wrapped in a white fluffy towel sitting on the edge of the bed. Haneul opened the closet and grabbed herself a change of clothes.

“I’ll get ready in Huan’s room. Take your time, you’ve been working late for the past few days.” Haneul said.

Kris nods and gets up from the bed. Haneul picks Huan up in her arm and her free hand holding her change of clothes. She exits their bedroom and walks down the hall to Huan’s room. A tear slipped from her eye and she uses her arm to wipe it away.

Haneul kissed Kris on the cheek and he left through the front door. Haneul watched as his car disappeared and closed the door behind her. Haneul walked into the kitchen and sat down. Kai walked in with a bowl and placed it in the sink.

“Is Huan sleeping?” Kai asked.

“No, Luhan and Sehun took him to the park.” Haneul said.

“Why didn’t you go?” Kai asked.

“I’m a little bit dizzy, so they offered to take him off my hands for a few hours.” Haneul said.

“Oh, how are you feeling? Did you take any medication?” Kai asked.

“I already took some that Kris’ gave me.” Haneul said.

“Feel better. If you need me I will be in my room working.” Kai said.

“You’re not going to the office?” Haneul asked.

“No, I called in to work at home.” Kai said.

“Alright, if I need anything I will let you know.” Haneul said.

Kai turned to leave but then he turned back to face her.

“Also don’t cook tonight, Lay and Tao are going to be doing a hotpot night.” Kai said.

“Oh, that’s nice.” Haneul said.

Kai turned around and left while Haneul got up. She walked up the stairs and looked down the halls. Baekhyun was sleeping in his room, Xiumin was in the workout room. D.O was in his private kitchen and Kai was in his room working. Haneul quickly turned in the direction of her room. She made it to the room and turned the knob, it was locked like usual. She knew Kris had locked it but she managed to take the key from his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter