Girls

Misunderstood Maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 6~

Girls

 

A-Pink had just arrived at the University. On the weekends, students were allowed to use the sports facilities whenever they wanted to, providing there wasn’t an event going on. At lunchtimes it wasn’t usually busy either, but sometimes there were a few, or in this case, a lot of people practicing for upcoming matches.

Once Chorong had parked surprisingly well considering she wasn’t used to driving her dad’s car, the group proceeded to reception to sign-in since the University had a very strict health and safety policy, even on weekends. Ringing the bell on the desk to try and get the attention of whoever was manning the reception that day, a girl with short, blonde hair came out of the office, smiling widely once she saw A-Pink.

Chorong smiled back. “Hi Sunny! Nice to see you’re doing your bit for the University!” She said sarcastically but in a friendly manner, since she knew nobody liked doing duty as it just cut into their actual lives. At Dongguk University, each member of the student body had to attend what was known as duty. This was when a student would have to do something for the council in their own time, like manning the desk at the University on weekends, mentoring other pupils or something else to show that they contribute to the University. As Chorong was the head of the council, she knew what everyone did and when, like Seohyun who did mentoring for other people in her class like Yoona who was struggling.

Sunny laughed, “Yeah, it sure is fun!” she replied, giving her a genuine smile. “Anyway, do you five want to play tennis again?” she asked, looking for the register under the desk. “Got it! Put your names and signatures down please, and the time is 11:58.”

Chorong corrected Sunny awkwardly. “There’s six of us today, if that’s OK? “

Sunny looked up again to see Naeun, who was looking uncomfortable as she hadn’t realised how long it had been since she had hung with her friends. What with Sunny assuming there was only five of them.

Sunny was shocked seeing Naeun,  since the party the night before wasn’t exactly the nicest of evenings for her. Sunny was considerate enough to not pressure Naeun about what happened, even though she herself was curious. The last she saw was her leaving the party in tears and refusing to let Yuri drive her home with Seohyun, meaning that she ended up walking five miles back. “Naeun, you’re looking well! You don’t look like you’re ready to play tennis though.” She said, giggling afterwards. Compared to the other girls who were wearing their tennis kits, Naeun was wearing heels and some stuff she threw on before leaving.

Naeun smiled, unsure what to say since she didn’t want her voice to come out shaky as she was still recovering from what had happened. “Yes,” she let out a little laugh “can I borrow a spare kit, please?”

Sunny almost never stopped smiling, as her name suggested. She was one of the most social members of the student body, being friends with at least one person in every group, be that EXO, AOA, BTS and even the dreaded Kim Hyuna, who was someone Naeun even hated with a passion. “Sure, I’ll just go get one. Make sure you all put your name down and I’ll be back in a minute” Sunny replied chirpily.

Once she was out of earshot in the backroom, Bomi decided to say something. “Sunny sunbaenim is always so happy. Why can’t you be like that anymore Eunji? Now you’re really boring” she commented, nudging Eunji since she wasn’t listening.

Namjoo’s attention was then captured. “Yeah! Now all you do is text people and ignore us…” she pouted for added affect.

Hayoung, who was standing behind Eunji then decided to try and see who she was texting, which wasn’t hard since she was the tallest in the group. “J-Hope?! Why are you texting him, he’s in BTS!”

The rest of A-Pink then gasped, but Eunji couldn’t careless that they knew and rolled her eyes. Eunji was always a sweet girl, but for some reason she had become incredibly harsh and unfriendly to the rest of the members, with Chorong now losing her ability to tell her what to do. No wonder she was talking to a member of Bangtan since they were definitely not a good influence. BTS were notorious around the university as unlike the other groups, they were one of the few whose gang was actually a gang. A-Pink wasn’t a gang that got into fights or anything, but Bangtan was, meaning that you did not want to be associated with them.

Before Chorong could have her say, Sunny reappeared with the kit which she then handed over to Naeun. “Thank you, Sunny.”

“It’s OK, Naeun, and don’t worry, that guy was a jerk. Your sister looks after you well” Sunny said with a comforting smile.

Before the girls were about to go over to the courts though, Sunny wanted to ask Chorong something. “Chorong, can I talk to you for a minute?”

Chorong was p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter