Change

Misunderstood Maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 43~

Change

 

Seohyun tried to hold a conversation with Jungkook on the way to the canteen, but that was easier said than done. He seemed to have had all the energy he had in him out of him by that one encounter. Surely his sister wasn’t bad, although she was a little harsh on Jungkook in Seohyun’s opinion.

Going into the canteen, the two saw that it wasn’t too busy. As expected though, none of Seohyun’s friends were around since they had probably eaten already, and nor were Jungkook’s who had probably gone to get fast-food because they thought that the food given to them at the university was designed for peasants. Of course it wasn’t always nice, but today it was meant to be beef noodles, which sounded nice enough, but the title was a little vague.

Jungkook grabbed a tray and went to pass one to Seohyun, however she declined for some reason and went to one of the lunch ladies. “Could I collect my meal? My name’s Seo Joohyun.” She asked nicely, waiting patiently.

“What are you doing?” Jungkook asked, however Seohyun brushed him off.

Eventually the woman came back with a much nicer looking meal, passing it to Seohyun who was on the other side of the counter. “Kamshamida.” She bowed, going over to get her cutlery.

What the heck? Was this girl special or something? Taking his plate over, Jungkook saw that there was hardly anything left for him to get with the tongs, since the university had a buffet-like system where students could choose what they wanted. There was hardly anything left though other than a few scraps of beef and very few noodles. This wasn’t the first time this had happened, but if anything it made Jungkook’s stomach growl when he saw Seohyun’s food, looking like something a celebrity would eat.

“Are you OK?” Seohyun asked with a smile, joining him to examine the remnants of food. “Whoa, looks like Sooyoung beat you here.” She joked, knowing that the girl tended to eat a lot.

Jungkook didn’t find it funny though. His sister was an absolute and now he had nothing to eat.

Seohyun could tell Jungkook was upset, since he had been in a rather depressive state the whole time they spent walking to the canteen. Deciding to be a nice person, she came up with a solution. “We can share mine.” She insisted, tilting her head to try and sway his answer which she assumed would be ‘no’ because he didn’t like being a burden.

“I’m not even hungry.” Jungkook answered. She knew he’d say something like that.

He then went over to the tray rack and put his back. He didn’t care.

“Awww, c’mon. I can’t all this chicken by myself anyway.” She tried persuading him.

Jungkook didn’t even respond to that. Something must be up with him.

“Do you want to talk about your sister?” Seohyun asked. She hadn’t brought her up on the walk there, so maybe she should try to help comfort him.

“No.” He replied bluntly.

Seohyun really didn’t know where to go from there. “OK, then.” She realised it would be like getting blood out of a stone. Looking around for somewhere to sit, she couldn’t see anyone she knew. “Could you sit with me? I don’t want to be by myself.” She asked.

“Sure.” He agreed surprisingly. In all honestly, Jungkook really didn’t mind Seohyun’s company. She helped to let him think about other things, and she was trying her best with him. He didn’t know anyone as forgiving as her, especially considering he had hurt Seohyun’s sister.

“Great!” Seohyun cheered, leading the way to find somewhere they could sit.

“How did you get that by the way?” Jungkook asked, pointing to her food which looking really good.

“Oh, it’s because I’m on the council.” Seohyun answered proudly. She loved being able to say that.

Although there were plenty of empty tables, Seohyun noticed that there was a girl by herself who she didn’t recognise from the back. She seemed to have green hair at the tips, soon turning into blue, and then back to presumably her natural hair colour at the roots. Either way, Seohyun thought it would be nice to introduce herself.

“Wait, we’re not sitting with her.” Jungkook interrupted her thoughts when he realised where they were headed.

“Why? She’s by herself.” Seohyun explained, seeing no harm. “How would you like to be left by yourself?” She turned the question on him who rolled his eyes.

The girl was sitting at the corner of a table which seated six, so Seohyun went to the corner opposite. “Can I sit here?” She asked.

When the girl looked up, Seohyun realised that it was Kim Hyuna which was a complete shock. Seohyun always thought Hyuna’s hair was amazing, but now she dyed it so that it looked radioactive.

“Oh, Hyuna!” Seohyun greeted loudly, attracting a bit of attention which Jungkook didn’t want, since he knew that this girl was being talked about lots.

“Hi.” She greeted back carelessly, looking back at her food and taking a large portion of noodles into .

Seohyun became somewhat awkward. She didn’t get an answer to her question, however Jungkook had already sat down next to her.

Jungkook looked at Seohyun, expecting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter