Lovey Dovey

Misunderstood Maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 42

~Lovey Dovey~

 

Seohyun and Jimin had been playing video games for almost an hour now, and if Seohyun was honest with herself, she was having a lot of fun. Jimin’s celebrations were rather loud though, meaning that Suga had to come in and tell her to shut up a few times.

“Follow me!” Jimin ordered Seohyun in a whisper to add immersion as they were trying to get behind the enemy lines.

Seohyun nodded. Using the controller, she moved her character so that he was following Jimin’s through the vent closely. The suspenseful atmosphere built even further just from hearing the enemy’s footsteps below them in the hallway, as Jimin held his breath in real life, because when he played video games, he got into character a lot.

Jimin’s avatar in game stopped when he reached the exit to the vent, so Seohyun made hers stop too. He peered down out the exit to the vent for any signs of the enemy below since it was suspended on the roof of the corridor.

“Is it clear on your heartbeat sensor?” Jimin asked Seohyun as she had one equip on her gun, allowing her to see if an enemy was nearby.

“There’s someone over there.” Seohyun reported back to him in a hushed tone, as she saw a small white dot on her radar in the top.

Jimin paused a second to think. This was the perfect chance they had to defuse the bomb. “OK, we’ll drop down, I’ll take out the guy quickly, then you defuse the bomb, got it?”

“OK.” Seohyun replied with hesitance.

Jimin made his character jump through the hatch in the vent, and quickly aimed for the enemy’s head, shooting him and killing him in one blow.

“Quick! I’ll cover you!” Jimin urged.

Seohyun didn’t reply as she was busy concentrating, however she did as she was asked and managed to defuse the bomb which meant they won the game.

“Yes!” Jimin emphasized his excitement with his hands which sprang up. “High five!”

Seohyun obliged with a small giggle at his reaction, however her attention went elsewhere when the front door made a beeping noise as someone’s key card had been scanned as they entered.

Jimin spun himself round so that he was on his knees “Kookie! Come play with me and Hyunnie!” He invited the boy who was carrying a small bag from the supermarket.

Jungkook squinted towards the TV to see what the two were playing. “Fine, as long as you save me a seat this time.” He replied, casually referring to the incident before when Jimin forgot which caused the latter to pout. “Give me a sec to give this to Yoongi.” He told Jimin as he proceeded to Suga’s room with the bag.

“K, be quick!” Jimin said excitedly as he sat back on the couch properly. “The maknae is always the best.” He said to Seohyun who smiled in response. “Do you mind if Kookie plays?” He asked, hoping that she wouldn’t, since he considered Jungkook to be his best ‘guy friend’ and Seohyun his best ‘girl friend’ (hopefully girlfriend soon). “Are you both friends?”

Seohyun didn’t really know how to answer that. Sure they tolerated each other, but she really wasn’t sure what they were to one another. She didn’t think they were friends, but they could talk socially despite their bickering in Math. “Of course I don’t mind if he plays, and I guess we are.”

“Great!” Jimin cheered with his eyes completely disappeared due to his cheeks “I think you’re much better than him by the way.” He added quietly, shuffling up to Seohyun which she first thought was a little odd, however he was just making room for Jungkook on the other side of him.

Jungkook sniggered as he overheard what Jimin had said, shutting the door to Suga and Taehyung’s room behind him. “I doubt that.” He said rather cockily, sitting beside Jimin who was now sandwiched between the two and making a few noises as he adjusted himself into a more comfortable position. “Wanna 1v1 me?” He asked Seohyun with a smirk, leaning forwards slightly so that he could see her past Jimin.

Seohyun became scared by the sudden eye contact but didn’t know why. “I’m really not that good.” She shook her head as she didn’t like competition and wouldn’t want to go up against him in a match. It seemed the others two already made the decision that she was playing, starting a match regardless of her not really wanting to.

“You are good, Hyunnie.” Jimin assured her, and looked at her as though she was stupid for saying such a thing. “Here, you can use my lucky controller.” He said like it was a blessing with a friendly smile, handing the one he had used which Seohyun reluctantly accepted. It was smeared with grease from all the chips the boy had been eating, making her wipe it on a cushion to try and remove it.

The countdown appeared on the screen as Seohyun became a little uneasy which Jungkook noticed. “I’ll go easy on you, don’t worry.” He assured her, however he still retained a similar level of cockiness as before.

The match went on for a while and Seohyun was actually doing quite well. She became more confident overtime, but lost count of how many times she had been killed by Jungkook. She blocked out Jimin’s regular interruptions as he tried feeding her chips at one point which got a little annoying, and occasionally squealing in excitement due to the points being so close. What seemed like only a few minutes later, the scores appeared on the screen as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter