Only One

Misunderstood Maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 12~

Only One

 

Upon noticing her daughter, Mrs Seo’s face brightened. “Joohyun! We have been waiting for you and your sister. Where is she?” she asked eagerly, drying her hands on a towel.

Seohyun still couldn’t comprehend the scenario. “She’s probably not coming down, and why is he here?” Seohyun asked curiously, looking Jungkook over to make sure he wasn’t doing anything suspicious. He was drenched with water and had one of her Disney towels round his neck.

Seohyun’s mother then began plating up the healthy soup she had been making, not noticing her daughter’s passive annoyance with the situation. “You left your friend outside in the rain, so I invited him to have dinner with us. Is she still upset?” Mrs Seo asked, worrying for her daughter’s health. Naeun hadn’t eaten with them for a good time now, so was concerned about her diet.

Seohyun nodded in response while trying to put on a comforting smile seeing how her mother wasn’t happy hearing this. Her mother then took the four bowls of hot soup and placed them on each placemat, handing the last one to Jungkook with a genuine smile, who in response reciprocated the smile, bowed, and took the bowl with both hands. Seohyun didn’t think that Jungkook even had manners.

“Come sit, I’ll go and get Naeun.” Mrs Seo sighed, taking off her apron and going to try and get some sense out of her daughter, which hadn’t worked the last time she did that.

Jungkook gave Seohyun a toothy grin as she approached him and sat opposite him. Seohyun wasn’t looking at him though and really just wanted to imagine that he wasn’t there. Picking up her spoon she began eating knowing that her mom would probably be a while, but sensing that Jungkook was watching her she looked up to see that he was staring at her, smirking. “Hey, Joohyun.”

Seohyun’s nostril’s flared. Nobody other than her close friends and family would call her that, apart from Taehyung who was allowed to for some reason and she didn’t mind him doing it considering he was Taeyeon’s brother. “Don’t call me that.” Seohyun said firmly, confusing Jungkook who thought that the two of them were on good terms.

“Sorry, babe,” Jungkook said, expecting to get a reaction from Seohyun who blanked him and was eating. “Your mom is cool.” He commented, trying to distract Seohyun from thinking about Naeun who she was concerned for.

Seohyun’s eyes met his, expecting him to have judged her by now. Her house wasn’t the nicest and while her mom was friendly, she could be weird at times, making her curious as to what the two were even talking about. “I wouldn’t say that.” she laughed, blowing off the compliment of sorts.

Jungkook didn’t flinch. “I’m serious, she’s awesome.” He said seriously. Jeon Jungkook hadn’t experienced a mother as nice as Mrs Seo before. His mom wasn’t around much and sometimes drank. She wasn’t as bad as his father though, but he found himself never having a mother who was a kind as Seohyun’s. Seeing that Seohyun took that for granted got on his nerves a bit so he wanted to make sure she knew how lucky she was. Never had one of his friend’s family members offered to take him in. Taehyung’s did for a time but soon banned him after the incident with Taeyeon, and as the rest of the parents had heard bad things about him, they were often rude to him despite him being as nice as anything to (most) elders, and temporarily holding his discretion and rude attitude.

Seohyun continued to laugh. “She’s a bit embarrassing… Aren’t all moms?” Seohyun added, expecting Jungkook to agree, however he didn’t seem to have the same sense of humour and carried on eatin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter