Timing

Misunderstood Maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 22~

Timing

 

“So,” Yoona began, staring up at Jungkook while clinging to his arm like a monkey. “How’s Naeun?”

The two were on their way to the girls’ restroom so that Yoona could have her ‘wee’. Jungkook was too busy looking ahead to see if anyone he knew was around. If they were, he planned to quickly push Yoona off him and accuse her of being a stupid fangirl. He tried getting her to release him, but was unsuccessful when she threatened to cry loudly if he didn’t let her.

“Jungkook!” Yoona shouted, furrowing her eyebrows when he was ignoring her.

“What?” Jungkook answered, furrowing his eyebrows too as he looked into Yoona’s dark brown eyes.

 Yoona’s face turned back into a smile when he noticed her. “Are you and Naeun still together?” she asked cutely, not coming off too strong.

Yoona wasn’t usually the one to ask about other people’s love life since it wasn’t any of her business, but this was Jungkook’s love life. Yoona thought about Jungkook regularly ever since she had a dream that he saved her in the swimming pool, and it all seemed so real to her.

“Na,” Jungkook coughed a little and averted eye contact. “We broke up on Friday.”

He couldn’t help but feel guilty when he was reminded of Naeun. She was anything but sweet to him all the time, but, she just wasn’t for him.

“Oh,” Yoona said, internally screaming with happiness knowing that Jungkook was y, free and single. “I’m sorry.”

Jungkook looked down to Yoona again to see that she was grinning widely. “You don’t look it.” Jungkook said, raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

Realising that she was letting her feelings show, Yoona looked away to dismiss the grin and put on a convincingly sympathetic face. “Sorry.”

The two eventually got to the restrooms which were located in the Math block. The ones next to reception were being refurbished, so meant they had to go further away.

Jungkook stood there expectantly, but Yoona didn’t budge. “Go on.” He prompted.

Yoona tugged Jungkook to go with him, however looked at Jungkook in horror when he evidently wasn’t going in with her. “But, you need to put on the hand dryer for me!”

Jungkook didn’t think this girl was this crazy. “Why?”

Yoona went onto her tiptoes to whisper in Jungkook’s ear. “Otherwise people will hear me pee!”

Jungkook looked up and down the corridor to see that there was nobody in sight. What’s this girl’s problem? “Nobody is here, and I’m not going into the girls toilets.” He stated, unmoved by Yoona’s reasoning.

“Seohyun told me you had…” Yoona paused, looked around, and went to Jungkook’s ear again. “ In there before!” she said, shocked that he would do such a thing.

Jungkook rolled his eyes. “I’m still not.” Jungkook stood firm.

“Fine,” Yoona said, pouting. “Close your ears.” She insisted, putting his hands on his ears.

Jungkook was confused by Yoona’s words. “Why?” Yoona sighed and went to whisper in his ear again until he realised that he knew it was because she didn’t want him to hear her pee. “OK, I got it.”

Yoona went into the restroom for two seconds until she reappeared, making an ‘OK’ with her fingers to tell him it was all clear. Jungkook responded the same to please her. Seeing that he wasn’t covering his ears, Yoona scolded him with her facial expression and put her hands on her ears to instruct him to do it too. Jungkook rolled his eyes but did it anyway. Once she was out of sight, he let them down anyway.

Opening the door, Yoona made sure not to touch a lot of stuff. She absolutely hated germs. Although these restrooms especially were immaculate, she would always remember the commercials on TV where the germs were ugly little aliens, so was always on the lookout, even though bacteria obviously didn’t look like that. The restrooms were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter