Runaway

Misunderstood Maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 31

~Runaway~

 

Jimin grew even more down when he saw Seohyun’s grin now that she got the impression that he liked So Nyeo Shi Dae, as he walked with her to the front door. Taehyung was the actual fanboy, and Jimin couldn’t help but feel emasculated for being framed. What if Seohyun was judging him negatively, and not liking him as much for being seemingly interested in a cheesy girl group? He hated having to go with the lie so that Taehyung wasn’t caught by Seohyun. The reason behind this was because he and some other members had planned to meet up with another gang at night to discuss things. As they might not be back by 9AM, keeping him hidden meant they could make the excuse that he ‘ran off’ in the middle of the night, instead of raising suspicion by him being missing along with some other members of BTS for no reason during lessons. They could say they went looking for him or something similar.

“I’m not gay.” Jimin clarified out of the blue as his head hung low with a pout, looking at the floor. Seohyun gave him a weird look after his random statement.

Seohyun lowered her height so that her face broke Jimin’s view of the floor. “I didn’t think you were, Minnie. And it wouldn’t matter either way.” She assured him with a comforting smile, knowing that his secret for liking Korea’s most loved girl group must have meant a lot to him. It never crossed her mind though that liking a particular kind of music could make you seem gay.

Jimin felt slightly better after Seohyun said that and let out a thin smile. Maybe he still had a chance with her! Some people thought that he was gay due to his immature ways which were perceived as camp, and childish nicknames which he gave to people that maybe came across in a similar way. He always thought that being positive was important. What was the point of looking and sounding neutral all the time when you could be cheerful and silly? He sometimes got bullied when he was younger for being quite chubby, and he often wished that somebody could be there for him to make him happy and to cheer him up except for his mom. Now that he changed his body image and was no longer ‘the chubby kid’, he wanted to try and make others happy instead by maybe acting a bit too young for his age. As nobody’s opinion mattered to him more than Seohyun’s, he didn’t care what anyone else thought.

“Yo.” Someone greeted, who neither Jimin nor Seohyun had noticed come in as he placed what looked like his wallet on the table beside the door.

Seohyun’s expression quickly changed when she looked to see who had entered, however Jimin was more than happy to see him.

“Kookie!” Jimin greeted with a wide grin. “Where’s everyone else?” Jimin asked, as he wanted Namjoon and Hoseok to get back to the dorm so that they could go and meet with the other gang.

“They might be a while. Jin and Yuri are too busy flirting,” He said with disgust, remembering their skin ship from earlier (which was minimal).  Jungkook then turned to Seohyun who was frowning at him for a reason he was unsure of. “Tiffany wants you.”

Seohyun quickly walked up to Jungkook and tried to be intimidating. “Where’s Taehyung.” She asked as her nostrils flared, remembering that Jungkook’s sly comment didn’t help when Taeyeon prevented her brother from playing.

Jungkook frowned back when he was unsure why she seemed mad at her. He soon broke into a chuckle when he saw how serious she looked. “I don’t know where your boyfriend is.” He shrugged, expecting her to back off. He did know, but Suga texted him telling him that it was to be kept secret.

“You made him runaway!” Seohyun accused him slightly louder, prodding him in the chest with her finger that seemed to have no effect.

“No, Taeyeon did.”

“You did!”

“Stop fighting!” Jimin ordered, standing beside the two of them who would have continued arguing otherwise.

Jungkook looked to Jimin. “Make her leave, Jimin.” He ordered.

“But-“

Seohyun turned her head to look at Jimin. “Minnie, tell him to admit it was his fault!”

Jimin was unsure who to side with as he didn’t fully understand what went on earlier. He also didn’t want to choose between one of his best friends, and the girl who had had real feelings for.

“Minnie? What kind of nickname is that?” Jungkook asked Seohyun with a chuckle.

“You’re mean,” Seohyun said with a pout. “Minnie, can you come with me to find Yoona?”

“I-“

“I know where Yoona is.” Jungkook said smugly.

Seohyun’s eyes widened as she turned to face Jungkook. “Where is she?”

Jungkook tapped the side of his nose, meaning that he wasn’t going to tell her.

“Minnie!” Seohyun childishly stomped on the floor as she couldn’t win against him. “Tell him to tell me!”

Jimin was stumped as the two of them looked to him for an answer. If he sided with Seohyun, then Jungkook would likely for the rest of his life. If he went with Jungkook, then Seohyun would probably be annoyed with him. Neither choice would let him win, so he remained silent and was visibly struggling as Jungkook and Seohyun noticed.

“Fine.” Seohyun stated sounding upset, trying to barging past Jungkook who remained firmly in place, meaning that she ended up stumbling a little and looking stupid.

“Hyunnie-“ Jimin began, getting cut off by the abrupt slamming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter