Library

Misunderstood Maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 32

~Library~

    

 

Despite Chorong having once had complete respect for Seohyun, her high opinion of her had been damaged further just by seeing her with Jungkook. Chorong always found herself in the shadow of Seohyun since she was always better at everything than she was. The only way Chorong was able to beat her on the student council was by campaigning like mad with the help of Hayoung, but even then she only won by a few votes to get to be the council head. Regardless of her and Seohyun’s relationship though, was she blind to her sister’s feelings? Did Seohyun forget that Jungkook treated Naeun so badly? After all, the reason why Naeun was refusing to leave her room was because of him and her, so surely she should be keeping her distance from him after everything that had happened?

Although Chorong was maybe a little too harsh, which she immediately recognised upon seeing Seohyun’s reaction, she was standing up for Naeun.  Being the leader of the group meant that she had to take on those responsibilities, and of course she had to look out for her younger members if she wanted to be as good a leader as Taeyeon, and avoiding being as bad as Namjoon (Rap Monster). She didn’t want to make Seohyun cry, but if that’s what it took for her to recognise what Chorong could only identify as selfishness, then she did her job right.

Throughout the transaction between Seohyun and Chorong, Namjoo knew that Chorong was only being responsible, but even still, she wanted to stop her friend before something like that happened. She could easily see it coming due to Seohyun’s sensitivity being as high as Naeun’s. In contrast to Chorong, Namjoo didn’t take the image of Seohyun and Jungkook at face value, and knew that Seohyun wasn’t like that. She didn’t seem to have a clue what Chorong was talking about even.

“Seohyun.” Namjoo sighed to nobody in particular, and followed behind her with Jungkook, who left her once he gave Chorong an unpleasant look.

The two exited the dorm building hastily to avoid losing her, and could see Seohyun’s figure which was only outlined by the white streetlamps, stumbling down the pathway a while in front of them.

Namjoo tried to bring up what had just happened with Jungkook as they speedily went, however didn’t know how to. She was a shy girl, and only had enough confidence to really talk to him because Seohyun and Chorong were there. Now that they were gone, she felt more timid.

“What was that all about?” Jungkook asked Namjoo with a hint of annoyance when he remembered the term Chorong used towards him. He wasn’t sure why Chorong acted in such a way. He recognised the fact that he wasn’t all that great of a boyfriend to Naeun, but why was Chorong so hard on Seohyun?

Namjoo was a little shocked that he talked to her whilst they were alone. She found Jungkook was quite a scary person, which was only worsened by the fact it was now dark. She managed to compose herself regardless. “The picture you uploaded yesterday?” she said questioningly, as he should have assumed that she would have thought.

“...” Jungkook mumbled after a brief pause. He considered deleting it after he saw that Tiffany or Taeyeon must have uploaded it at the mall, but thought he should keep it for… future reference. Regardless, Taehyung had deleted it from his Instagram account before throwing it out the window anyway, so it wasn’t as if that many people saw it…

Namjoo was going to say something to add to what Chorong had said, like remind him that Seohyun and Naeun were sisters, and that him doing that was like breaking the unwritten code of relationships. After all, he was kissing his ex’s sister in the picture, however she stopped herself as he looked like he genuinely felt bad and in deep thought. The two were now within talking distance to Seohyun and could hear her sniffling.

“Seohyun.” Namjoo called out again, and softly reached out for her arm, taking it gently.

Seohyun stopped immediately, because deep down she wanted someone to comfort her, but didn’t know if anyone would give her that kind of attention as she tried to stop sniffling and nuzzled into the shorter girl’s shoulder. Chorong was so mean to her, and she could not fathom out why when the verbal attack was out of the blue.

“Shhh… It’s OK Seohyun.” Namjoo said as she tried calming Seohyun down, looking towards Jungkook as if to prompt him to speak up.

Jungkook wasn’t used to situations like this though, so had no idea what to say. He understood how Seohyun might be feeling, but wasn’t good at comforting others. “She’s just a .” Jungkook said bluntly, knowing that insulting the offending person would usually make him or his hyungs feel better about something.

Namjoo’s expression changed into one of utter confusion, as she realised he really had no idea how to deal with stuff like this. As if calling Chorong a would make Seohyun feel any better about herself.

Seohyun’s sniffling began to slowly subside nevertheless, as she raised her head to make eye contact with Namjoo. “But… Why was she so mean?” Seohyun asked with puffy eyes.

Namjoo didn’t really know where to begin. “Because-“

“It’s my fault,” Jungkook admitted as the attention turned to him. “At the mall when you and I…” Jungkook would have put it bluntly as it was, but saw that Seohyun was incredibly sad. “Erm,” Jungkook coughed, “when you and I-“

“What about it?” Seohyun asked with worry, as she knew what he was talking about.

Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck. He didn’t think something like this would be so stressful.

Namjoo decided to talk for him, since Jungkook had admitted to being at fault, and she hated seeing him struggle which was utterly cringe worthy. After explaining it to Seohyun, making sure to be careful with her words, Seohyun’s expression changed as she slowly turned to Jungkook.

“You took a picture!?” Seohyun asked Jungkook in disbelief as she left her and Namjoo’s embrace. She then turned back to Namjoo to clarify what had happened. “I only did it as a distraction!” she quickly defended, not really clearing up anything since that explanation was very vague.

“Whoa, how did I take the picture when I was busy making out with you?” Jungkook reasoned (much better than Seohyun) as he held his arms up.

“Seohyun, calm down.” Namjoo said to prevent things from getting out of hand as Seohyun went red in the face.

Seohyun realised she hadn’t explained herself well. It wasn’t as if she did that stuff with Jungkook out of choice, so had to give more detail to Namjoo. After doing that, Namjoo sort of understood but thought that there were other ways to distract Jungkook other than kissing him. Either way, she was happy she didn’t take the picture at face value when there was obviously more to it. Namjoo formed an ‘o’ shape with , and it turned out Chorong wasn’t right. Seohyun wasn’t telling Naeun to break up with Jungkook because she wanted him to herself, and the two hadn’t been secretly dating for months. Finally she could clear things up with her and the rest of A-Pink to get Chorong to shut up about it.

Namjoo had to speak a little louder to get the two to stop conversing as Jungkook tried to explain it wasn’t him. “Seohyun, I’m going back to the dorm to talk to Chorong, is that OK?” she asked for permission, not that she needed it. She didn’t want Seohyun to break down again, but she seemed more angry than sad now.

Seohyun paused their conversation temporarily. “Sure. Thanks for being so considerate, Namjoo.” She said with a half-smile.

Namjoo put on a small smile after realising it was a misunderstanding after all, as her smile emitted an aura of kindness. “I will see you both tomorrow then, have a nice night.” Namjoo was somewhat introverted, but Seohyun was definitely happy to have met her knowing that she was so nice. If only her friends were like that and less weird.

As Namjoo turned to leave, Seohyun’s face reverted back to sadness with a hint of anger. “So, you took a picture so that you could brag it off to Taehyung?!”

“What? I never said that!” Jungkook responded, losing his cool a little when he was brought up. Usually he was able to contain himself, but currently he was having his emotions changing constantly.

Seohyun flared her nostrils and turned to go towards the campus. “I’m going to find Yoona.”

“Go ahead. Good luck finding her.” Jungkook waved and walked the opposite direction back to the dorm.

Seohyun remembered she didn’t know where she was, so as Jungkook was leaving said: “No. You need to tell me where she is.”

Jungkook spun back round walked back to her. “Then try being a little nicer and listen to what I say.” He said in a factual manner.

Seohyun sighed loudly and trusted where he was going. She couldn’t believe Jungkook did that. How could he even allow a picture like that to stay on his Instagram, and for what? Attention? Popularity? It was stupid in her opinion, and she regretted being so stupid. At the time she didn’t think he’d do anything like that to her, and very much against it happening. Now she regretted everything.

Jungkook sighed to fill the silence. “Look, I didn’t take the picture, and I’m sorry I didn’t delete it sooner.” he stated.

Seohyun turned to face him, looking slightly recovered. She didn’t know whether or not to be sad or angry. “Who took the picture then?”

Jungkook tried to restrain is anger. “Probably that you call Tiffany or ing Taeyeon.” He answered, growing madder that she was being so narrow-minded.

Seohyun squinted in disbelief. “Don’t be so rude, and I doubt they’d do anything like that.”

“Ask them then.”

“I will when I get back.”

“Good. Maybe then you can kiss my because I didn’t take the picture.” Jungkook said with confidence, certain he didn’t take it. How did her personality change so quickly from sad to angry?

“No, you can kiss my .” Seohyun mumbled, immediately regretting it when she realised she hadn’t thought that through properly.

Jungkook couldn’t help but snigger a little at her response as they continued into the building in silence. He looked over to see if she was alright, but became even more confused when he noticed her eyes were watering as a tear glistened under the light despite her seeming so confident before. She must have been trying to cover it up. The corridors were deserted since it was so late, and most of the lights had been turned off apart from a few of them, meaning that some sections were darker than others.

“Seo…” he said to try and comfort her, knowing that she would understandably be upset still.

“Don’t talk to me.” Seohyun said harshly, trying not to seem weak as Jungkook suspected. She wanted time to think for herself, and although she liked people supporting her, she didn’t think Jungkook was the most appropriate person considering everything that happened. She was trying to think of what she could say to Naeun too who she had forgot about for a while.

Jungkook suddenly stopped walking. “What, so you think it’s all my fault that your sister’s crying in her room all day, and because that stupid picture was taken?” Jungkook asked sounding offended. He was going to tell her how it was his fault, and that she shouldn’t be upset, but she was being rude in his opinion when he was trying his best to be nice for once. She didn’t deserve to get comforted by him.

Seohyun saw that he became angry and stopped too. “Jungkook-“ Seohyun began as she used her finger to wipe the tears from under her eyes elegantly, she planned to correct what he thought.

Jungkook shook his head with a look of disbelief and anger. “No, Seohyun. You’re the one who kissed me in the mall but you’re blaming it all on me, right? I admit I treated your sister like , and I apologised, but you’re no worse than me,” Jungkook’s words grew harsher as Seohyun held an unreadable expression on her face. “No wonder that said you were a bad sister when you won’t admit you were at fault too.”

Hearing what Jungkook had said made Seohyun realise that it was her fault. She kissed Jungkook, and she didn’t exactly help by not being more supportive to Naeun when she was obviously feeling betrayed and heartbroken. How could she be so blind? Seohyun had been hanging out with Jungkook lots, and to think that Naeun saw them together, as well as seeing the picture made her feel sick to her stomach. She felt dreadful about herself and knew she had messed up her relationship with her sister and ruined her reputation.

Jungkook waited for a response but instead saw that Seohyun looked at him with sadness in her eyes as she tried to process everything. He thought she was just being rude by not replying.

“Fine, be a . They’re in the ing library.” He told her as his patience had worn thin, then walking back to the dorms. Seohyun didn’t need him, so why should he stay to comfort someone who’d only put all the blame on him?

As he left, Seohyun stood for a few moment to get herself together and stop herself from crying. While what Jungkook said made her upset (especially the last bit), it brought her back to reality. She needed something like that to see things clearly, and although she felt much guiltier now, the only person she had to be mad at was herself… and maybe the person who took the picture. She was at fault, and realised she had been horrible to Jungkook when she shouldn’t have been. Chorong was right all along, and she was a bad sister, but planned to change that. Seohyun got out her phone to check the time and saw that it was already 11PM, so it was way too late to be ringing Naeun who would probably be asleep. She would have some making up to do tomorrow though.

Seohyun composed herself and continued walking over to the library. Once she got there, she found it hard to adjust to the harsh yellow tinged light that filled the room. Going through the scanners which prevented people from stealing any books (which she hated because she always wanted to take out more than they would allow), she saw Sunny with two others

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter