Reflection

Misunderstood Maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

chapter 1

Reflection

(A/N: This story is slow paced, so if you don't like the sound of developing relationships rather than instant ones, you might not like the story, but I hope you give it a try anyway!)

It was Saturday morning, and although Naeun was usually the first to wake up, she didn’t feel like it today. Her boyfriend and now ex-boyfriend broke up with her the night before. What did she expect though? Dating an older guy never worked out well for Naeun, especially when that guy happened to be Jeon Jungkook – one of the many kingkas to attend Dongguk University. Not only that, but he was also a member of Bangtan Boys who were not a force to be reckoned with.

As Naeun was about to fall back to sleep, she was awoken by the one person who she did not want to hear. “Yah! Naeun! You missed breakfast and now you’re just being rude! I understand why you’re upset, but I did warn yo-“. The voice of her unnie made her cringe as she quickly wrapped her pillow round her head to prevent hearing anymore. Forcing her eyes open, Naeun noticed just how much she had been crying earlier. Tissues were scattered across the floor, with her make-up stand in a complete mess.

Naeun knew she had to get up eventually, but she just wanted time to think. Unlike her friends, Naeun rarely got angry, just sad. This was one of her many traits which she hated, since it led to her being taken advantage of by many people – including Jungkook. While Naeun knew her sister had done nothing wrong, she couldn’t help but feel betrayed. It wasn’t Seohyun’s fault after all, but she hated being wrong. She thought Jungkook was different, but she should have listened.

After reflecting, Naeun realised that Seohyun had stopped talking through the door due to the absence of muffled talk through the pillow. Naeun decided that she should face reality rather than hide from it and put on a brave face. Naeun hated mess, so immediately started tidying her room making sure that it didn’t look like a vulnerable girl had been crying over something as petty as a boy. Before going to see her family, Naeun took a cold shower since she felt flushed after crying for so long, and proceeded to put on a light amount of make-up.

Naeun raced down the stairs to make a good impression and to hopefully apologise to her unnie, but there was no sign of anyone. “Eomoni? Joohyun!?” With no response Naeun the TV to check the time which read 12:23. “It can’t be that late! I only just woke up!” To confirm her doubts, Naeun checked her phone which just changed to 24 minutes past. “Flip! I missed practise again!”

On Saturdays, Naeun and her friends would always meet for tennis practise. The week before she was unable to go because Jungkook had insisted she went to a lame party with him, which of course involved alcohol, and the week before she went to visit her grandmother. Since dating Jungkook, she hadn’t got as much time for her friends, as Jungkook would often arrange other plans which collided with hers  meaning that they couldn’t catch up. ‘I doubt they care that I’m not there…’ Naeun thought to herself.

Naeun turned off the TV and went back upstairs to think some more.  As she was about to close the curtains in her room to create darkness, she noticed Chorong’s car was parked across the road, followed by a load bang and a familiar sounding “YAAAH!” Naeun cautiously went to the garden to see what was going on, seeing Namjoo lying on her bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter