No No No

Misunderstood Maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 29~

No No No

 

Seohyun was too busy typing rapidly on the keyboard to see who it was with her eyes, but she knew it was probably Jimin. “Minnie!” she greeted cheerfully as her and him were starting to get along more. “Give me a minute; I’m almost done with this slide.” Seohyun informed him, trying to think of more stuff to write.

The boy then shut the door behind him and walked over to Seohyun’s bed without saying a word. Placing one of the items he brought with him on the bed, and the bowl of ramen on the desk Seohyun was sitting at, he swiftly moved his hand over her eyes so that she was unable to see.

Seohyun giggled. “I need to finish this, Jimin.”

“Guess who it is!” The boy cooed as his smirk could be heard through the tone of his voice.

Seohyun recognised his voice immediately, even though she failed to do so earlier when he greeted her. “Taehyung?”

“Ding ding ding!” Taehyung shouted to indicate she got it right, removing his hand and going back to get what he had put on the bed. “I got you a prize!” He added, placing a bag of sweet potato chips next to the bowl of food.

Seohyun put on a smile as best as she could to give to Taehyung as he grinned widely. “Thanks.” Seohyun said simply, turning back to the laptop to continue writing.

After a few seconds, Taehyung realised that Seohyun wasn’t going to say anything else as his grin evaporated. “Are you OK, Joohyun?”

Seohyun sighed and looked back to Taehyung. “I’m fine, I need to do this.”

The reason Taehyung had delivered the food instead of Jimin or someone else was because Suga had told him to. Before going in, Suga had ordered him to be as nice as possible, and even gave him the chips to give his younger member a better chance to fix things between himself and Seohyun. Taehyung didn’t see though how leaving Seohyun for other people would upset her, but it must have done as from his experience with girls, he knew that ‘fine’ usually meant ‘not fine’. Something was clearly bothering her, so he wondered if it was his fault.

“I’m sorry for ditching you earlier.” He said sincerely to see if that was the issue.

Seohyun turned back to her laptop, somewhat annoyed that he knew why she wasn’t as happy to see him. “It’s fine, Seolhyun did great.” she replied, sounding a bit jealous. She couldn’t help but check the University website and view the written match feed on her laptop when she was meant to be working earlier.

“That’s not an excuse.” Taehyung admitted, trying to make up for what he had done.

Hearing Taehyung apologising for doing something so petty made her realise how stupid she was being for actually holding a grudge against him as she looked blankly at the laptop screen.

Not wanting to hear an answer in case she rejected his apology, Taehyung tried sparking a conversation. “Anyway, how’s the project going?” he asked with a smile.

This caught Seohyun off guard who didn’t expect such an awkward scenario to be saved so easily. “Oh,” Seohyun said as she tried to prepare words, sensing that Taehyung moved closer behind her. “It’s not going as well as I thought.” she said with a laugh to comfort herself despite actually being worried, as it wasn’t up to standard with her usual work.

“Can I read it?” Taehyung asked.

“If you want.” Seohyun answered, planning to get up from the seat to let Taehyung sit there. Taehyung was already leaning over her shoulder though to read her work.

Looking over her work, Taehyung saw that it looked pretty advanced judging by the complicated terminology he was unfamiliar with. Taehyung moved his head to look at Seohyun who he was a bit too close to as she looked expectantly at him, waiting for an opinion since the anticipation had built up over the past minute of silence. “I don’t know what most of it means, but it looks great.” Taehyung complimented her as he looked directly into her innocent eyes.

Seohyun smiled brightly in relief, making her cheeks rise and push her eyes upwards, forming a shape like a sunset. “Thanks.”

There was a moment of further silence which was broken by the sound of Seohyun’s stomach grumbling.

Taehyung stopped leaning over Seohyun’s shoulder and stood up straight, adding a chuckle. “Someone’s hungry.”

Seohyun felt heat rise to her face due to embarrassment. “Sorry, I’ve not eaten a lot today.” She reasoned as she patted her stomach, breaking the eye contact quickly to avoid further embarrassment as she got the bowl of ramen from the desk and began to eat it.

Seeing that Seohyun was busy eating, Taehyung sat on Seohyun’s bed which was behind where she was sitting at the desk. After a while of hearing the chopsticks rattle clank agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter