Let Me Know

Misunderstood Maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

~Let Me Know~

 

It was Saturday morning as Seohyun walked up the stairs to check on Naeun once again. After trying earlier that day to get her out of her room, Seohyun had become tired of Naeun’s behaviour. While Seohyun was the most patient girl anyone could ever know, she absolutely hated being ignored, especially by her dongsaeng . Inspecting her sister’s pink door she saw that the poster that hung on it had been ripped, which was made by Naeun back in 5th grade. It was a collage of her and her friends from when they were younger, with ‘A-Pink’ written in the middle, which was their ‘gang name’ that they still used. Not the most badass name ever, but still. Seohyun got along well with most almost all of them, except the leader who she couldn't seem to deal with for reasons which she’d rather forget.

Seohyun took down the poster making sure not to rip it further and decided, being a considerate sister that she would fix it later.  Seohyun, with her free hand, lightly knocked on the door… No response. “Naeun, please wake up… Me and mom are worried…” however her plea received no reply. Hearing her stomach growling, Seohyun decided that it was about time for her to get something to eat, and quietly walked downstairs. While the Seo family weren’t the richest in Seoul, Seohyun’s father was able to get a good job working for the Korean Government. As he was part of the international division he rarely came home, much to Seohyun’s annoyance.

The Seo house wasn’t the biggest either, but it did have a large garden with 5 bedrooms, each with their own en-suite. At Dongguk University though, this was nothing to brag about. The well-known Kim Suho, leader of a gang named EXO held the title of ‘richest douche’ among Seohyun and her friends, with Seohyun not even knowing what he looked like, but his house was huge in comparison. Upon entering the kitchen, Seohyun found her mom getting her things ready to go to work. On weekends, Seohyun’s mom worked at the day care centre at the local school, while on weekdays she worked as a music teacher for the children there.  Although money wasn’t much of an issue, Seohyun’s mother was a very active woman who liked giving up her time to help others.

“Joohyun, please tell me she’s come out of her room already.” Seohyun’s mom asked while looking for something in her purse.

“No.” Seohyun pouted. “She won’t even answer me. I’m sure she will get up soon.”

Seohyun’s mother sighed. “I know she will, but she hasn't been this upset before. Is there something you’re not telling me Joohyun?” Seohyun’s mother then turned around to face her accusingly.

“It’s just about some stupid boy omoni, I told her he was bad news but she really liked him.”

Her face suddenly little up “My Naeun has a boyfriend?”

“Had a boyfriend mom, and you wouldn’t have liked him.” Seohyun replied with a smirk seeing how her mother reacted.

A smile then formed on Mrs Seo’s face. “My Naeun is growing up so fast! It was like only yesterday she was running around here with her diaper on!” Seohyun’s mother paused for a bit as she began to reminisce about the past. “Tell me more about this lucky boy.” Seohyun’s mom asked with wide eyes.

“Well, he’s in a gang, dates lots of girls, is very rude…" Seohyun sounded like she was joking, despite telling the truth. "Yup, that’s pretty much it! I heard he tried using drugs too.” Seohyun said with a fake smile.

“Sounds like someone’s jealous." Mrs Seo hinted to Seohyun. "What’s his blood type?“ she asked excitedly.

“I’m not jealous, mom, and how would I know that?!” Seohyun’s nose flared. Seohyun’s mother didn’t look convinced. “I just dislike him, and I meant what I said." Seohyun enforced. "You’re going to be late for work by the way.” She mentioned as the clock had just hit 8:55.

Seohyun’s mom checked the time herself. “Oh! Thanks for reminding me sweetie. Remember to let Dubu out in a bit, otherwise he’ll do his business on the couch again, and remember that Naeun has tennis at lunchtime so try to get her up by then.” She replied happily, despite not understanding the seriousness of what Seohyun said about Jungkook. Lots of people at the University did think that the two of them had somewhat of a love, hate relationship going on, but Seohyun begged to differ.

“OK mom, I will see you later. Play nice! Try not to bite any of the children!” Seohyun said jokily as her mother left through the front door and began walking to the local school. Seohyun grabbed a bowl from the cupboard and got out some watermelon slices her mom had bought, also adding some berries into a bowl for Naeun who liked having them for breakfast. After finishing, Seohyun cleaned her bowl and let Dubu out to do his business, as well as filling up his dog bowl.

Instead of seeming annoying to her sister, Seohyun went into the living room in an attempt to wait out her out. She would eventually get tired and have to leave her room to get food. After sitting down, Seohyun got out her phone to text her unnie, Kim Taeyeon. Taeyeon had been friends with Seohyun for as long as she could remember, and was the oldest in their group of friends. Seohyun needed advice, and since Taeyeon had a younger brother, she usually sought her help when it came to sibling problems.

(09:07) Me: Hi Taeyeon, what do you think I should do about Naeun? X

Taeyeon usually took a while to respond since she always claimed to have ‘not noticed’ or something like that. In the meantime, Seohyun picked up the University magazine on the table which Naeun had probably bought. Scanning through the magazine, Seohyun hoped to find something at least somewhat interesting. While she used to be one of the main contributors, making articles about almost anything, the magazine soon got dominated by lousy ‘agony aunt’ sections

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter