My Best Friend

Misunderstood Maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 14~

My Best Friend

 

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Seohyun’s lecture had finally finished. She was listening to what her mother was saying, but was too busy wondering what Jungkook could possibly be doing in her room. What if he hurt one of her toys or went through her clothes?

Seohyun was almost finished tidying away when her mother who was cleaning the sink changed the topic a bit. “Jungkook’s very handsome, don’t you think?” she asked, checking for Seohyun’s facial expression to the question. Just by looking at her she was able to tell what her answer was, and Seohyun’s most notable and obvious sign of anger or annoyance was when she flared her nostrils.

Seohyun was caught off-guard and was unsure how to reply. “I guess…” she said timidly.

“Do you still like Taeyeon’s brother?” Mrs Seo asked. Mrs Seo tried not to seem too interested since it wasn’t really her business, but she always liked talking about guys to her friends when she was at school, so why not talk to her daughter about her love life?

Seohyun felt as though she was being verbally attacked by her all-knowing mother. After today, she was able to appreciate Jungkook’s looks more now that she learned he wasn’t so bad after all, but she knew she never had a chance with Taehyung. “He has a girlfriend.” Seohyun replied quickly, trying to kill the conversation before it got any more depth.

“He doesn’t know what he’s missing.” Seohyun’s mom said kindly, raising Seohyun’s spirits massively. Seohyun did get a lot of support from her friends, and while she told them almost everything, she couldn’t tell them about Taehyung even though it was quite obvious. Taeyeon would never allow such a relationship, but she knew she could rely on her mom with that knowledge.

“Thanks, mom.” Seohyun said, really appreciating her kind words.

Seohyun’s mom smiled in response. She thought that her daughter had heard enough of her by now so decided to let her go. “Thanks for helping me sweetie. Remember to treat Jungkook nicely.”

It then hit Seohyun. A boy would be staying in her room for the night, and not just any boy, Jeon Jungkook! What does one do when a boy sleeps in their room? Should she sleep on the floor? Should he sleep on the floor? Do they sleep together?! Seohyun was very scared now, and although they did have a spare room at the house which he could potentially stay in, the room pretty much belonged to Yoona since she stayed there so often. Although Yoona probably would like the thought of Jungkook who she was known to have liked for a while sleeping in her second bed, Seohyun didn’t want anyone to know about this day, so decided to only do that as a last resort.

Seohyun was going to ask her mom, however she was already bidding goodnight to her daughter and went into the lounge to watch her favourite drama which started at 9:30. Seohyun had to think for herself now. Going up the stairs cautiously, Seohyun was reminded of Naeun when she went past her room; still curious as to why she acted the way she did. Going to her room she could hear the shower running, making her somewhat relieved that she didn’t have to see Jungkook straight away. After entering her room she hectically scanned it to see if anything had been touched, but it seemed immaculate. There were no hidden cameras as far as she could tell, all her underwear was still intact and colour coded, and her laptop was still on the desktop wallpaper. Seohyun sighed, thanking god that Jungkook hadn’t done anything.

While Jungkook was still in the shower, Seohyun considered getting changed, but was too scared that he was going to walk in on her getting dressed. Deciding that she should just wait a bit, Seohyun put a towel on her bed to avoid getting it wet, and got out her phone from her water soaked back pocket. To pass the time, Seohyun thought it might be a good idea to text Yoona and relax on her bed. She sat on her front with her legs up in the air and her elbows being used to support her upper body weight. Opening her text messages she saw that she had two text alerts, so unlocked her phone to see who they were from. The first was from Taeyeon and it was sent 2 hours ago.

Taeyeon: Thanks for getting me into trouble! I will see you tomorrow at our dorm 1-ish. Me and Tiff will be waiting by the fountain for you. Don’t be late! X

Seohyun giggled to herself reading the text message.  It was her idea to take Tiffany’s dog into the mall so i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter