Gossip Girls

Misunderstood Maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 40

~Gossip Girls~

 

Yoona walked to the library in order to take back her books and find her friends. She didn’t mind not being with Seohyun all the time, but she was certainly a little peeved that Seohyun left her for a boy like Park Jimin. His face was incredibly annoying in her opinion, and she couldn’t understand how Seohyun could even tolerate him for more than five minutes. He hadn’t done anything to her to cause her to dislike him to this kind of extent, but the thought of him was just annoying. At least she could spend the next hour with Taeyeon, Tiffany and some of her other friends which could get her to forget about it.

As Yoona went through the security scanners at the entrance to the library, she went and stood in front of the main desk to wait for someone to take her books which were almost two weeks overdue. She had decided to learn from Seohyun’s actions and read self-improvement books in an attempt to become more socially accepted, but they hadn’t seemed to work and were quite boring. As she pulled them out from her bag, she heard someone queue behind her so turned to see who it was hesitantly.

“Hi, Namjoo.” Yoona greeted the girl who was looking at a display with a light smile.

“Oh, Yoona!” Namjoo responded, pleasantly surprised. “I wasn’t sure if it was you so didn’t want to embarrass myself.” She added to make sure she didn’t come off as rude for not saying anything. “What books are they?” She enquired when she saw Yoona was holding some.

Yoona turned to fully face Namjoo and spun the cover round so she could read the title. “They’re self-improvement books.” She told her with a wide smile, finding it nice that people weren’t putting their problems on her, and were instead being interested in her.

Namjoo tutted. “You don’t need to read stuff like that, Yoona, you’re fine as you are.” She smiled genuinely.

Yoona become so much more confident hearing those words and realised at that moment how nice Namjoo was. “What books are they?” Yoona asked out of curtesy like Namjoo had as she pointed to the much larger books the girl was carrying.

“I have no idea.” Namjoo laughed as she was being honest, looking at the books herself to find out. “They’re Chorong’s and Bomi’s from random subjects which they asked me to take back. They treat me like a servant, I swear.” She joked although the contents of her words were what she truly believed.

Yoona could relate. “I know what you mean!” She replied with wide eyes at the realisation that maybe she wasn’t the only one who felt she was taken advantage of by her friends. Namjoo gave a small laugh at the girl’s reaction.

“Ya! Yoona!” Someone shouted, who turned out to be Sooyoung when both Namjoo and Yoona turned to look. “Get my phone out my bag!” Sooyoung ordered loudly, pointing towards the bag rack before the library security scanners where she must have left it. Her shouting meant that the library went somewhat quieter than usual as people’s conversations were cut off by Sooyoung’s sudden volume.

“Duty calls.” Namjoo joked, finding it funny how they were only just talking about being told what to do by their older members. “Oh, I’ll return your books for you.”

“Are you sure?” Yoona asked, not believing that she offered to do that when nobody usual would.

“Of course, it’s no trouble.” Namjoo assured the older girl who seemed confused, however it was due to the sudden kind nature of Namjoo. “I’ll see you in a bit.”

“Sure, thanks again.” Yoona said gratefully as she went passed the scanners once more and started searching through Sooyoung’s bag.

“What can I do for you?” A Caucasian man asked who had just came out of the office and was now standing at the library desk.

“Hi, can I return these, please?” Namjoo asked, placing the four books on the desk which the man scanned one by one.

Once he scanned Yoona’s, a beeping noise was made. “These two are overdue, so I’ll need five thousand won for each of them.”

“Oh.” Namjoo breathed out, not realising that they woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter