Rambling Girls

Misunderstood Maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 37

~Rambling Girls~

 

“Kim Taehyung?” Mrs Lee asked. Nobody was particularly bothered by yet another absence, except for Seohyun, Jimin and a certain other.

“Does he want to drop out of university? Do you know how many lessons he missed last term?” Taeyeon asked rhetorically in a hushed whisper, disapproval evident in her tone.

“I wouldn’t blame him. These lessons are soooo boring.” Tiffany responded casually as she was busy drawing her name on a page in her book in different styled font.

The two were sitting next to each other towards the front of the room, only a few seats in front of Yoona and Seohyun. Tiffany wanted to sit at the back, but the boys had got there first meaning they had to sit closer to the teacher.

“The lesson hasn’t even started and you’re already bored?” Taeyeon asked in disbelief. Although Biology wasn’t her favourite subject, it was at least interesting.

Tiffany paused drawing for a second to answer her friend’s question. “No, Taeyeon. I find these lessons super interesting.” Tiffany rolled her eyes and continued drawing. In fairness, Tiffany had only taken the subject after her father insisted she pursued a career in medicine. 

Taeyeon glared at Tiffany who didn’t seem to notice as she was looking at her book. “You’re so lucky to have gotten here with grades like yours, and you’d want to waste the opportunity by drawing instead of learning?”

Tiffany was offended, and gasped for exaggeration. “Excuse me, I got a B, a C and two Ds at school.”

“Exactly, so you should be trying your best to actually do well, not writing your name over and over again.” Taeyeon said with authority, shutting Tiffany’s book.

“Whoa, sorry Miss Perfect, did you get an A+ for the last project?” Tiffany brought up the taboo subject which was unspeakable when she beat Taeyeon who only got an A, causing her to cry in front of the whole class.

“That was a fluke.” Taeyeon responded simply, opening her book to try and occupy herself with something else so the conversation would end.

“Oh, really?” Tiffany asked.

As Tiffany was about to open and come out with a witty response, the door opened, capturing the attention of everyone in the room as Taehyung entered looking a little out of breath.

“Sorry I’m late, songsaengnim.”  Taehyung apologised immediately, bowing deeply to emphasise this.

This wasn’t his teacher though, was he in the wrong classroom? He had also never talked to her before in his life. He closed the door behind him and scanned the room for somewhere to sit, feeling glad and surprised when he saw Jimin, Seohyun and Yoona.

Mrs Lee didn’t look impressed. “Not a very good way to start the new term, Mr Kim. I’ll see you at the end of the lesson.”

Taehyung bowed apologetically once more, then walked along the front of the classroom to sit next to Jimin who was at the other end.

Taehyung wasn’t too bothered since he only had Sport afterwards. Once his back was to Mrs Lee and she continued talking, he gave a rectangular grin to Jimin and Seohyun who were also happy to see him.

Seeing her brother walk past, Taeyeon directed a genuine smile towards him as she seemed to be smiling too. Taeyeon was mainly pleased he had chosen to go to a lesson. Taehyung seemed to be looking straight past her though. Turning back to see what he was looking at, she saw that he was smiling widely at Seohyun and Jimin, the latter beckoning him over with a massive grin.

“You just got ignored.” Tiffany pointed out bluntly with an eye smile to soften the blow.

Taeyeon frowned as she began having an internal conflict, still watching him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter