Checkmate

Misunderstood Maknaes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 19~

Checkmate

 

Taehyung entered the driver’s seat and slammed his door shut. It was clear to everyone that he wasn’t in a good mood. He didn’t understand the full story, but it was pretty clear to him that Jungkook had been at Seohyun’s house for some reason. He was just annoyed that Seohyun was spending time with that jerk. He was friends with Jungkook of course, but he didn’t like Seohyun, who he cared for a lot, being with him at all. Jungkook was bad news in his opinion.

Yoona was worried when she noticed that he didn’t have a bright aura like he normally did. “Are you OK, Taehyung?” she asked, leaning forward from the middle seat to poke her head between the gap.

Taehyung sighed. He wanted to answer Yoona who he got on with well, but couldn’t bring himself to it. He was too busy dreading the 20 minute ride to the University, which would probably be longer than that due to the traffic in Seoul on Sundays.

Saving Taehyung from answering, Taeyeon entered the front passenger seat in front of Tiffany who was busy trying to take the perfect selca to post online, followed by Seohyun who sat to the left of Yoona who had got out her camera again to clean the lens. There was a slight predicament though. Taehyung’s car was only a 5 seater, and what with Jungkook joining them, there wasn’t enough room for everyone.

“Move your asses.” Jungkook ordered, sliding into the car after Seohyun.

He then shoved the rest of the passengers on the back row until Tiffany was stuffed against the wall, and Yoona had dropped her camera due to Seohyun’s arm knocking it out of her grasp.

Looking to her left, Tiffany recognised the familiar face. “What the are you doing here?” She asked, evidently pissed off that she had missed the ideal opportunity for the best selca.

“Seohyun invited me over last night.” Jungkook answered smugly.

“No I did not!” Seohyun defended, keeping eye contact with Tiffany to dissuade her from what Jungkook was claiming. Yes, he did stay over, but she didn’t technically invite him to stay.

Yoona’s jaw dropped when she looked up after getting her camera. She was completely star struck. She had never been this close to Jeon Jungkook before, so tried to prevent herself from fangirling. She didn’t even process what Jungkook had said about staying over at Seohyun’s.

“Don’t be rude to Jungkook.” Yoona said forcefully, turning to Tiffany who was not expecting a reaction like that from Yoona.

“Yeah, listen to your friend.” Jungkook added, making Yoona feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. Jeon Jungkook finally acknowledged her.

Tiffany was in disbelief. “What?! This jerk!? He’s a total !” She shouted back to Yoona.

“Keep in down!” Taeyeon ordered from the front, seeing that Taehyung’s hands with shaking on the wheel, indicating to her that he was agitated by something. The car was now pulling off Seohyun’s drive.

“Says the who makes out with random guys behind the changing rooms.” Jungkook said calmly, not even giving Tiffany eye contact.

Tiffany even put her phone in her bag, showing that this argument was serious. “That wasn’t me! It’s one of those s you’ve slept with!” she defended, causing Seohyun and Yoona who were sitting between the two to shudder a bit at the sudden loudness.

It actually wasn’t Tiffany who regularly made out with guys at the back of the changing rooms, but everyone thought it was due to their features being similar. Tiffany wasn’t that low, but even though she insisted it wasn’t her, she still had desperate boys offering to pay her if she’d do it with them.

Seohyun wanted to defend Tiffany for once, who was getting wound up. “It isn’t Tiffany.” Seohyun clarified.

Tiffany and her spent most lunchtimes together, so she knew that the rumours were false when this unknown girl usually did it at that time allegedly.

“Is it you, babe?” Jungkook asked, tilting his head at Seohyun to make him seem suspici

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter