Secrets

Subconscious Love

After another painful physical therapy session, Jongin was then brought to Mr. Lee's office. It was about an hour away from the hospital. He was nervous about seeing the therapist. He hasn't had to see the man in over a year. He hasn't really needed to, until now. His anxiety has beend terrible since he joined the school. He was claming up and refused to even talk to his mother about his problems. Mrs. Kim felt it was needed to bring him to the office today.

"Have you been writing in your journal?" the man asked.

"I haven't done it in a few months. I suppose I should still keep that up. It was slightly helpful."

"So...tell me about some of the stress that you have been feeling lately. How did you feel about being considered the town hero for a while?"

Jongin began to explain. He was hesitant as he spoke. He brought up Jaebeom and Kyungsoo without actually using their names. He talked about the almost being black mailed problem. How his first kiss was stolen. Then the verbal fight he had with Soo during a tutoring session.

At the end of the meeting, he was surprised to have felt better. But, something was still bugging him deep down. He wasn't quite sure what it was, to be honest. When he left, there was a shadow of a smile on his face as he walked up to his mother.

Kyungsoo whipped his head around to watch the tan boy walk to his mother. His face contorted in digust. He stomped into Mr. Lee's office ready to raise hell.

"Not only do I go to school, have some of the same classes, and have to tutor him....I have to share a therapist with that broke , now?" he was yelling and pointing at the door.

"It's good to see that you are still as talkative as ever," Mr. Lee smiled.

"This is not a time for smiling. Don't you see my dilemma?!?!"

"You're right." The smile fell off of the man's face. "How about you sit down and tell me about it?"

The short boy growled as he sat. His voice still raised, words began pouring out from his lips. 

 

 

 

They were sitting on the edge of the bridge with their feet dangling. The sun was setting, making a beautiful relflection on the water. 

"I really did mess up, didn't I?" Joonmyun asked.

"I didn't really help the situation either," Yixing answered.

They both sighed as they watched the sun slowly disappear. 

"You know what?" Yixing asked. His friend shrugged. "Take this as her break up and ask Jongin on some sort of date." He shrugged again. "Come on. You were always talking about how you wanna shove your down his throat. Ask him on a date and you can slowly build to that point."

"I guess. Not really feeling it right now." Yixing groaned. "I am too numb to think about it. I just caused myself to lose the one normal and safe thing I had."

"Normal and safe thing? She was your only one? What about your super awesome and handsome best friend?" He gave the moping mess a smile making his dimples come out. Joonmyun chuckled whole-heartedly. "Let's go and get food. I'm paying."

"No, you aren't."

"Yes, Grandpa Money Bags. I am paying cause you are depressed."

Both boys laughed and raced down the street.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo sat on the couch grumbling. For a whole thirty minutes, he refused to talk because the counselor was not giving him the information he wanted. He looked everywhere but at the counselor. He hummed and tapped his feet. Finally, Mr. Lee sighed.

"Why do you hate him so much?" he asked.

"Because he is a stalker that likes to stare at people. Everyone in town called him a hero just for running in front of a car. I think he believes he has to be center of attention."

"Maybe you hate him for being the one to wake your mother up from a coma. And you are jealous because you want to be the center of attention."

"What are you trying to imply?" Mr. Lee shrugged at the boy's question. Kyungsoo scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"What happened in your past that made you become so hateful?"

"Simple...my mother was put in a coma. Dad left while she was out and left me in the house by myself."

Mr. Lee nodded as he wrote down some notes. Kyungsoo fell into deep thought. As he was drawn into a few memories, he accidentally said them aloud.

It was Christmas morning. 11 year old Kyungsoo was sitting in front of the tree waiting for his parents to come out. They were supposed to watch the Nightmare Before Christmas. It was one of the boy's absolute favorites. He hugged his pink stuffed penguin as he wore his favorite purple ducky pajamas. He could hear his parents arguing from across the house. However, the words weren't audible.Then his father's voice raised higher. 

"I refuse to have a son that is like that!!! He isn't a man!!! Men don't wear pink and purple and like that!" his father screamed at the mother.

Kyungsoo went to his room and covered his ears. He didn't want to hear it. Tears fell down his cheeks burning his flesh.

What's wrong with me? I'm not a man? He thought to himself as he cried. Then the front door slammed shut.

 

 

A few years later, he was 14. He tried to play sports but failed to be good at them. He joined the debate team and made sure to try to be top of the class. His favorite colors changed to blue, green, and black. He had gotten closer to his father. He changed to please his father; so, he would not yell at his mother. 

One day some of his cousins came to visit. Kyungsoo was playing with a girl that was a few years younger. They played with Barbies because that was her favorite toy. His father seemed to be okay with it just because she was younger. Her older brother came in, who was the same age as him. Kyungsoo could not help but to gawk. His cousin had this lean athletic build that girls would drool over. The boy himself was just drooling looking at this piece of art. The other boy came over and hugged Soo. Then he joined in playing with the Barbies.

"Kyunggie? Let's play basketball sometime this week!" his cousin said.

"When?" he asked smiling brighter than ever before. 

"Wednesday." Both boys nodded and smiled brightly. 

When Wednesday came around, the boys smiled and hugged. Kyungsoo's heart had a slight heavy beat. Then the other took his shirt off to play. Now, Soo's heart was pounding fast like a heavy metal song. He gulped, and they began the game. During the whole event, Soo would steal glances at the boy. A few times, the boy glanced back with playful and flirty stares causing the small boy to blush profusely.

"Kyungil~" he whined. "You are too good at this game." His lips formed a small out.

Kyungil just gave him a lopsided smirk and chuckled. "Practice more then."

Soo rolled his eyes and stole the ball. His cousin came behind him and hugged him as a tactic to get the ball back. He rubbed the smaller boys sides slightly.

"Do you like it when I hold you like this?" he whispered softly.

Kyungsoo looked back, blushing even darker. He swallowed hard and dropped the ball. Kyungil totally forgot about the game when he turned the boy around. They stared intensely into each others eyes, faces just centimeters apart. Kyungsoo could not breathe. His heart would probably explode from the speed it was beating at. Then the moment was ruined when the cousin's younger sister called for him.

 

 

About a week later, his parents were arguing in the kitchen. He stood outside of the slightly cracked door listening to them.

"I knew they shoudn't have hung out," his father said angrily.

"Why? What is the harm?"

"Kyungil's disease is sparking up the old dpart of our son again."

"What? You think our son is gay because Kyungil is?"

"Yes! I hear him moan the boy's name at night. I hacked his laptop and found gay on it!"

"So what?"

His father rolled his eyes and took off his belt. "I'll beat it out of him." He began to walk toward the door the boy was near. 

His mother grabbed his arm and gave him this look. "He can love who he wants to. He is our only son."

His father growled. He began to curse at her. He attack her with the belt, leaving red welts on her arms and torso. All Kyungsoo could do was watch. Fear had him frozen and shaking. His mother fell to the floor. The father bent down and whispered inaudible things. Then he reached into the cabinet under the sink. He grabbed the bleach and forced her to open . He poured it down . The small bottle was almost empty....

 

 

"Dad poisoned Mom..." Tears streamed down the boy's face as he was curled into the fetal position on the couch. 


A/N

Sorry guys...I was gone for a while. Military keeps you busy. I hope this chapter is good enough. 

-Wootaec