Devil Boy

Subconscious Love

Why this devil boy? Karma, you hate me, don't you?

The owl boy grimaced at Jongin as he tried to keep his face impassive. It was tough for the injured boy to hold his own. Kyungsoo could stand and look tall while the other laid in bed with casts on, not really able to do much.

As their little contest went on, Jongin's face started to form into a snarl. A small growl developed deep in his throat. Never taking his eyes off the other, the pale boy laughed, amused by the tanner one's attempt to keep him back.

This little thing went on for half an hour. It was like watching two wolves circling each other but never really going in for the kill. Just one small nudge and the injured wolf will try again to fight for dominace.

"Hello, boys," a woman said.

Jongin's attention immediately turned to the person at the door. "Hi, Mom!" A small smile formed on his face.

"Hello, Mrs. Kim."

"Well hi there, stranger. What is your name?"

"Do Kyungsoo."

"Kyungsoo...Kyungsoo...Jongin, you never told me about him."

"For a good reason," her son scoffed.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Kyungsoo put his arm around Jongin's head with a sweet, innocent smile that was faked. "I thought we were best pals like you and Channie." He blinked his eyes cutely at the mother and then the boy.

Jongin took a deep breath and decided to play along. "Of course, buddy!" His smile looked sweet. He tried to keep the I-secretly-hate-this-douche-bag look at bay. Kyungsoo hugged the other around the neck a little tighter as the tan one tried to hug thid demon around the waist.

"So, what were y'all gonna do?" she asked with a blank curious look.

"I was going to teach him how to do the new stuff we learned in class." There goes his seemingly innocent eyes. They continue to work their charm and con the mother int believing he was a sweet boy.

"Do you both mind if I sit and listen?"

Pure bliss filled his mother's face. She was glad that he seemed to be making friends really easily. The key word is seemed.

The small boy pulled a chair out for her and motioned for her to sit. Gladly, she took the seat. Then the boy opened one of the many text books he brought and handed Jongin his work. He started off my teaching him the new English lesson.

 

 

Two or three hours later, Kyungsoo finished trying to teach Jongin half of the material that was needed. The small boy kept getting aggravated when going over the subjects. Jongin was not catching on well. He kept his anger at bay as best as he could.

As the boy went to switch from the science book to the math book, he "accidentally" dropped it on the injured one's leg making the boy cry out.

"Crap! Jongin, I'm so sorry." His voice sounded very sincere.

The tanned boy hissed. "It's fine."

He glared at the satisfied look that Kyungsoo had.

The mother jumped up. "Baby, are you okay?"

"Yes, Mom."

She smiled in relief. "Would you guys like some food? It is dinner time."

Jongin's eyes filled with nothing but childish joy. "Can I have my favorite meal and ice cream, Mommy?"

His mother smiled wider and nodded. "What about you, Kyungsoo?"

"Anything is fine, I guess. Just as long as there aren't any peaches." The boy looked at the floor.

With a huge grin on her face, she left the room to get the meals.

The owl cleared his throat and looked at Jongin. He set the math book down and came close to his face.

"I really hate you."

The puppy look left Jongin's eyes as he glared back at the other deciding to be a little bold for once. "Feeling's mutual."

"Why don't you learn faster?"

"Why don't you teach better?"

"Because I don't like you."

"Well, you shouldn't be messing with my education like this. If the situation was vice versa, I would teach you as best as I could. But then again, I'm not being an-"

Kyungsoo covered his mouth with his hand. "Watch your words. Say the wrong thing, and I will kill you in EW!" The boy pulled his hand away quickly.

Jongin had a smug look settled on his face. He had just spit in the other's hand.

Kyungsoo wiped his hand on his jeans and then punched the boy's bicep on his broken arm. He punched it hard three times before the other decided to take a swing with his good hand. He got the small one on the forearm making him hiss. The small one started attacking his chest.

Jongin pulled the boy's hair and switched him around to get his in a head lock. He ruffled his hair hard with his knuckles. The child sized boy bit his hand enough to almost draw blood. Then he broke free and started on Jongin's ribs. With his good leg, he kicked the boy in the stomach. It was just enough to push him back but not enough to hurt him too bad.

"Jongin! Why did you just kick your friend?"

The son immediately looked up changing to an innocent look. "It was out of reflex. He tickled me, and it kinda hurt."

Kyungsoo widened his eyes as he went to hug the other around the neck. "I didn't mean to hurt you." He sounded like an abandoned puppy. Then he whispered in the other's ear. "I would gladly do it again." An evil smirk appear on his face, but it disappeared just as quickly as it formed.

She scowled at her son. Then she handed Kyungsoo his food and asked Jongin to sit up so she could feed him. The smaller boy gained a natural child-like look as he eyed his food. He bounced around as he ate.

Holy crap! I have something in common with this guy?!?! I was hoping mac and cheese and choclate ice cream would only be my favorite.

Jongin mentally pouted but cheered up when he was fed a bite of the meal. He was filled with pure bliss as she kept giving him bites of his food. Once he was finished, her eyes moved to the other boy, who looked at his barely touched food. A little bit of sadness radiated off of him.

"Kyungsoo?" He looked up at her. "Is the food okay?"

"Um...yeah. It is just too hot."

"Come here." She patted her lap. "Bring your food." He did as she asked, and she pulled him into her lap. Doing the same as she did for her son, she blew on the food to cool it off and fed the smaller boy. Kyungsoo smiled a little sad as he accepted the treatment. He felt so special. After the meal, he truly smiled at the woman.

Jongin stared at them. He was pouting hard core. That was his mom, and that boy was stealing her attention away. He loathed it. He wanted to boy to leave as soon as possible. He wanted his mom all to himself. When he saw the boy's reaction after the meal, he grew to be confused.

Kyungsoo got up from the woman's lap and bowed to her while thanking her. Then he looked at the son with an envious smile.

"Seeing that it is a weekend day tomorrow, can we continue this then?" the boy asked as he motioned to the books. Jongin nodded as he glared a little. "Thank you. I will see you tomorrow." Turning on his heel, he leaves the room giving off a slightly happier aura.

 

*        *        *

Jongin laid in the hospital bed bored out of his mind. It was now seven at night. His mother left because visiting hours end at eight and she had to go to work. When a nurse came to check on him, he asked if he could roam around the building. The nurse helped him into a wheel chair then asked he wanted to be pushed around the building.

Politely, he declined her offer and grabbed Mr. Snuggles then wheeled his way out of the room. He went down several halls and read random files to the different patients. Most of them were car accident victims. Ironic, huh?

As he went down the hall furtherest from his hall, he was about to pass one room when something caught his ear.

Someone visiting 'til this late? Interesting...

He looked at the file. The occupant in the room was a woman who had been comatose for five years. She was poisoned with bleach.

Damn. That .

Sobs rang from the room. Being nosy, Jongin looked into the room.

"Mommy, please wake up. Please."

Jongin's heart squeezed tightly as he saw who it was.

The boy spotted him. With his tear sticken face, he went to the door. "GO AWAY!!!!" He practically slammed the door.

Jongin sat there feeling so upset. He now understood why Kyungsoo acted the way he did. He wheeled his way back to his room and had the nurse help him back in his bed.

Laying in the silence of the dark room, he squeezed the stuffed dog trying to forget about the saddening sight. Finally, he willed himself to sleep.

 


 

A/N

Hello you guys!!!!

So much drama lol. I hope it is all okay.

I'm excited about next week's update.

I love you all. Please comment and subscribe. Please.