Surprises

Subconscious Love

He slept soundly in the hospital bed, cuddled up to the stuffed dog given to him by his friend's sister. His nose was buried into the animal's fur, the aroma of laundry detergent and flowers filling his nostrils. Jongin slept with a smile on his face.

"Wake up, breakfast time," the nurse said coming into the room.

The boy groaned and turned to his other side. Light suddenly entered the room. He tried his best to keep his eyes covered.

"Jongin-sshi, you need to wake up and eat. You have been looking a little thin lately."

He immediately shot up in the bed looking for the food. She set it on his lap, and he started to scarf the food down.

The nurse giggled. "I knew that would get you awake. The doctor says you will be discharged soon." She ruffled his hair causig him to tense up.

"What do you mean by soon?" His eyes were on the woman as he tried to shovel oatmeal into his mouth. A little bit sat at the corner of his mouth.

The lady giggled more. "Not sure what he meant. It will probably be in a few days, I guess." She wiped the corner of his mouth with the napkin from the tray. Pink dusted her cheeks as she did so. Jongin cringed at the action. "I should probably go soon. I have other patients to attend to."

She took the tray and started to leave the room. The boy stopped her and asked if she could help him into his wheelchair. She did so and left.

Jongin wheeled his way out of the room and decided to read about more patients. He got to one section and immediately left it. There were so many injured children; he could not allow himself to stay and read about what happened. He changed his route in the halls of the hospital. He went down the hall where he found out one of Kyungsoo's secrets.

Slowly passing the room, he decided to enter it and see the woman. He stayed beside her bed and observed her face.

From the cheek bones, to the plump lips, and pretty hands, he could tell Kyungsoo got most of his features from his mother.

Wow....she is pretty. She looks like an angel. How can this woman have given birth to a little demon? Maybe he wasn't always like that....

Jongin held the woman's hand and put his mouth close to her ear.

"You should wake up soon. Your son really needs you," he began to whisper in her ear. He did not know why he was doing it, but he started it; so, he was going to finish it. "Even though he is meaner than Satan, I bet if you come back soon; he will be better than ever. I don't know how he used to be, but I assume he was a good kid."

He stopped and looked at her for a second. "My name is Kim Jongin, by the way. I don't know if he talks about how much he hates me. I figured I should introduce myself though. I should probably go soon. It was nice talking to you."

He started to let go of her hand when she squeezed it. Then she mumbled something. Jongin let go of her hand quickly and pressed the help button. He bolted out of the room and found a new destination fast.

 

 

So many flowers bloomed in the grounds behind the hospital. There were flowers in the trees, on the grass, and in bushes. Pink, white, yellow, purple, and more colors filled the bright green vegetation.

Jongin sighed as he observed the beautiful scenery along with other patients in the court yard. He smiled as he soaked up the warmth of the sunlight. He looked at his arms and sighed with gloom. He felt like his skin had gotten lighter, even though it had not.

Children ran around picking the flowers for their grandparents and other family members that were hospitalized. This made the corners of the boy's mouth turn upward.

Something tapped the young man's left shoulder making him jump. He turned his head and saw nothing. He looked over the other shoulder and saw one of the many aquaintances from school. He still had yet to get to know the boy.

"Oh, my poor baby!" the boy exclaimed as he hugged the male around the neck petting his head. "I'm sorry I didn't visit sooner. I was dragged to China to go to my drunk uncle's funeral."

"It's okay, Luhan. You had important business to deal with. I'm sorry for your loss."

"Oh, don't be sorry my cute puppy. He was a jerk to the whole family. I tried not to laugh at the funeral. And call me Lulu or Lu-eomma."

"Why did you almost laugh? And why call you eomma?"

"He choked to death on a hotdog." The boy laughed a little sadistically. "I always knew he would. And shhhhhh. Just go with it." He put his finger to Jongin's plush lips.

Pushing his hand down, the tanned boy nodded awkwardly. "How is Sehun-appa?"

"He is good. He was happy to see me. Like a little too happy."

Jongin coughed and looked at the pretty boy. He could not believe his ears. "Like"-fumbles his dinosaur hand-"that happy." He was mentally freaking out.

Luhan blushed and nodded. "Got some head."

The injured boy screamed like a goat. He face was red from embarrassment. He could not unhear. He wished he never asked. What was harder for him to believe was that his friend person thing admitted to being gay with another one of his friends.

One of the many nurses came out to the court yard. "Kim Jongin?" He tapped the boy's shoulder.

"Yes?"

"Time for physical therapy." He smiled softly as his eyes focused on the plump lips. The nurse his own before looking to the friend. "You can come. He needs lots of encouragement."

The oldest male began to lead them into the hospital. As they entered, Tao and Baekhyun met up with them. The coffee colored nurse told them to head the the physical therapy room. He said he would meet them in there.

 

 

All four of the boys sat in the room waiting for Mr. Handsome Nurse to come to them. The whole time, Baekhyun, Tao, and Luhan squealed and had a fit over the man.

"Did you see his smile?" "I love his golden eyes." "His arms were sooooo built." "Why aren't there more pretty mixed people like that here?"

"So...um...are all of y'all....you know?" Jongin asked awkwardly.

"Yes, we are all fab." Luhan laughed.

"I'm prettier and more fabulous," Tao scoffed.

"You wish."

"You're just jealous that I got gege and that you had to settle for that stupid face."

"Leave my little wolfy alone. I don't that stupid, ugly rat senior that you call a boyfriend."

"Guys, stop! You are both fabulous. You are dating amazingly sweet guys. Just stop." Baekhyun pleaded the two males.

"Shut up. You are just a lonely little puppy because the guy you are in love with doesn't like ." Tao was getting fiesty.

"Guys....Guys....LADIES!!!! Stop arguing." Jongin raised his voice at them. The three pouted. "You fight like girls in Spanish soap operas."

"You watch those?" Baekhyun asked.

"My mom does, but that is another story. Just behave."

They all nodded and kept their mouths closed. Then the nurse came in making the three divas melt. He began to help the injured boy walk. The goal was to see how much the taned boy could do. Then he was to build his strength from that point on.

The friends cheered for him. "Come on." "You got this buddy!" "GO JONGIN!"

A woman rolled over to them after hearing them cheer. She stopped and watched the boy.

"Kim Jongin?" she asked. He looked over to the woman and almost fell on his face. It was Mrs. Do. "Thank you." She softly smiled and rolled herself back to the nurse that was trying to help her.


Hey! Sorry it took awhile to actually post it. Been busy lately and couldn't get an early start. But, here it is. I hope you enjoy it.

So many things happening. Will Kyungsoo actually start being nice.....maybe not....lol...I don't know. Chaeyo will have something way better for y'all. I look forward to your update my friend.

I love all of you. Please comment and subscribe. Maybe upvote? You don't have to, but it would be great if you did. (Smiles all goofy like and wiggles in my seat) Okay. Yeah I'm weird. I'm sorry.