Late Night Snacks

Subconscious Love

The green letters will be Yifan's dialogue on the phone. Sorry...I love color coded things lol.


“You did so good at therapy today?” his mother beamed.

“I guess.” Jongin shrugged his shoulders as the two entered the 24-hour convenience store.

“You might get that cast off soon. I can’t wait to watch-“

“Stop, Mom. I don’t wanna talk about it. It was what got me in trouble in the first place.”

“Baby. You are so talented in it. Others were just going off of-“

“Please drop it. I might give you a show when I’m better.”

Silence followed the two as they walked to the sugar/candy aisle.

Thanks for your support, Mom, Jongin thought sadly. He wished he could always show his passion off, just like his mother wants. He is just too afraid now. The bullying made him insecure of himself. The incidents made him want to lock himself away. He was not ready to show what he loved with others, no matter how much he trusted them.

The two looked around and filled their small basket with popcorn, M&M’s, Skittles, Twizzlers, all sorts of candy bars, etc. They probably had about $30 worth of sweets in the basket, and it was still counting.

“Do you think he would want this?” his mother held up jarred marshmallows.

“I don’t know,” her son shrugged. “If not, I’ll eat it. Ooh! How about we roast marshmallows with lighters?”

She chuckled and rolled her eyes. “I think you just want to make a small fire in the house.”

He scoffed. “Do I look like Chanyeol? He is a pyro. I am normal.”

Both of them laughed as they continued to overfill the small basket with treats.

A little while later, the tanned boy and his mom made their way back home with $70 worth of teeth rotting joy. Both sang at the top of their lungs with the radio. Then she turned down the radio.

“Why do you act like you hate Soo?”

“Because I do.”

“But you guys are best friends.”

“Nope. It’s just an act. We really hate each other. I think he just acts sweetto try to impress you. I believe that owl-eyed freak has a small crush on you.”

She scoffed and blushed a little. “Well, that’s a first.”

“It’s whatever. I just wanna know why he started to hate me in the first place. Maybe I’ll find out one day.”

“Then you guys can be friends!”

The boy shrugged and laughed at his mother’s excitement.

Maybe. Hahaha.

 

 

 

 

 

It is midnight when Joonmyun rolls out of the bed him and Taeyeon is sharing. He grabbed his phone as he walked to the bathroom and dialed his friend’s number.

“Hello?” a male groaned at the other end of the line.

“Hey. She is finally asleep. What do I do about this ‘crush’ I have? It keeps getting worse.”

“What do you mean by worse? And it is just a crush. It won’t even last long.”

The president completely ignored the last statement. “It is ruining everything. All I can think about is him when she and I are ing. I picture a small relationship with him too. Like holding hands and .”

“Dude, stop freaking out. It’s normal. It happens to everyone.”

“Normal? No. She is the trophy wife, and I’m the successful and proud husband. I can’t be gay. I have to support her. I have to make babies with her. She is supposed to be my one and only. You are supposed to be my best man, FanFan.”

Yifan’s face palm was clearly heard over the phone.

“Don’t call me that. Only Tao and Minseok can call me that.”

“Aish. I’m sorry. Seriously, what do I do?”

“I can have a party. We can play spin the bottle. I can dare you to kiss him. Then you can have your hopes crushed, or they can rise. Depends on what your heart says.”

“Thanks man! That is so helpful!”

“I’m hanging up now. I like sleeping.”

The line went dead, and Joonmyun sighed in relief. He balled his fist and threw it in the air with happiness. He was glad that he could finally try to escape this life ruining crush. 

 

 

 

 

It was around one in the morning when Jongin and his mother stealthily walked into their house. The boy helped his mother set all of the sweets up on the coffee table in the living room. Both were silently giggling as they switched on a few lamps and grabbed a handful of movies.

“Quickly, go get Soo. I’m sure he will love movie night.” Her smile was bright and full as she finished getting things ready.

The tanned boy slowly made his way to his room and found his light on.

He must be doing some hardcore research on this new guy.

He peeked into the room and saw the small boy sleeping in the spinney office chair. Jongin rolled his eyes and came back out.

“Mom, he’s sleeping.”

“….maybe it can wait for tomorrow. Maybe you won’t walk like a turtle tomorrow.” Her voice was teasing.

Her son laughed softly. “I can’t help it. I like playing hero.” He joked right back at her.

The two of them laughed. Once they stopped, a comfortable silence filled the room.

“Go to bed. I will clean up here. You are a growing boy. You need to rest.”

“B-But-“

“Sleep now, Nini.

Jongin huffed cutely and stalked off to his room. As he quietly entered, he began to stripping himself and getting on some pajamas. He kept glancing over at Kyungsoo to make sure he was okay. It was clear that the boy was cold. The taller one walked over quietly and observed the other’s face.

He is more likeable in his sleep. At least he is silent and not mean.

The boy chuckled at his thoughts.  Then he started to study the other. Dark strands fell over one side of the boy’s face. His nose would scrunch up every now and then. Black thick lashes framed his closed lids. A little bit of drool leaked from his slightly parted plump lips. A soft, cat-like snore sounded the air of the room.

A smile touched Jongin’s lips as he wiped the drool from Kyungsoo’s face. He inched his face a little closer to the other.

He is kinda cute in his sleep.

*mentally smacks himself* Don’t think of your enemy that way.

B-But…..*pouts cutely*

NO!!!!

As his mind kept scolding him, Jongin ignored the voice. He kept slowly getting closer to the others face. The temptation to see if those plump lips were sweeter than the attitude was too strong. His eyes fluttered shut as his lips barely brushed the other’s. The small boy’s breath tickled the taller one’s face.

Just as he was about to lock his lips with the other, the moment was ruined. Kyungsoo groaned and shifted his position in the chair. He smacked the tan boy in the face during the process.

The latter took a few steps back and shook his head. Honestly, he felt like running off of a cliff. He could not believe that he ignored his conscious for once. That was the only thing that kept him sane and in check. He smacked his forehead a few times then groaned in slight pain.

Deciding to be nice, he picked up Kyungsoo bridal style and carried him to his bed. Gosh, he is heavier than he looks.

He tucked the older one in and then went to his closet to grab his sleeping bag. He laid it out on the floor and turned off his light. Crawling into his sleeping bag, he curled up on himself and whispered before dozing off.

“Goodnight, Soo.”


Hey guys! Sorry for the late update!

What the heck what Jongin thinking? He is so crazy. 

Sleepy Soo is so cute! Kekeke. Sorry.

Please comment and subscribe. Comments are super nice. :D 

I love you all! (>^.^)>

-Wootaec.