The Devil Attacks

Subconscious Love

"How did you dare to touch my mother?"  An angry Kyungsoo spit as he stood in the doorway to Jongin's room

Jongin had not been asleep but only for about fifteen minutes.

The small boy looked at the other from under his eyebrows. His teeth were gritted. His tiny hands were formed into fists that tightly stuck to his sides. His plush lips started to transform into a snarl.

The injured boy turned a little in his sleep. He scratch at his nose like a puppy and then was still again.

Stomping into the room, Kyungsoo growled at the boy. "Wake up!" His voice was booming in the room.

The tanned boy did not stir.

Kyungsoo slapped his cheek really hard and repeated his words with his venom filled voice.

"Not now, Mom. Five more minutes, please?" Jongin sounded like a child as he spoke and turned away from the angry presence.

The owl eyed  boy pulled at the other's hair causing him to hiss in pain. Jongin awoke and smacked at the hand that held his hair harshly. Kyungsoo tugged his hair harder. The other groaned out painfully.

Pulling the other's ear to his mouth, the small boy spit as he spoke. "How could you touch her? What made you think you had the right to speak to her?"

"I did it because I wanted to."

Jongin broke free of the boy's grip. He turned as quickly as possible and tried to punch the other, who dodged the blow swiftly. The fuly functioning boy pinned the injured one down and glared with laser like eyes. "That was my mother. I didn't give you permission to talk to her."

Moving both of the other's hands to be pinned above his head, Kyungsoo slapped his cheek harder than when he tried to wake him.

"Why are you taking out all of your frustration out on me?!?!?!"

"Because that is my mommy! I have spent years trying to wake her up. Never....not once did she move. I tried to hug her, and she almost died! Then you come along. You rub me the wrong way. You stared at me funny. You give off weird vibes. Then you talk to my mommy once, and SHE WAKES UP!!!!" He stopped to breathe. His tiny hand squeezed Jongin's wrist to the point of turning blue while the other slapped and punched at the boy. His voice got softer when he spoke. His grip lossened up to the point of setting the boy free. "That was supposed to be me....me.....I was supposed to wake her."

There was so much pain in the small one's eyes. It rubbed Jongin the wrong way. The tan skinned boy did not know how to feel at the other's tears forming, or to his pounding, hurting heart,

Kyungsoo pulled away as his tears started to slip. Jongin impassively stared at the boy. He opened his mouth to say something, but no words emerged. He wanted to apologize for the trouble--trouble--he caused. On the other hand, he knew he really did not do anything wrong. He kind of just wanted to watch the boy cry, writhe in pain, like the many times that have happened to him. But, he was not that kind of person.

The two boys held eye contact. Tears were beginning to form in Jongin's eyes. He did not know why.

Kyungsoo subconsciously took a step closer to the other. He looked ready to hug him close and let all of his pain out.

"Hey, guys! I heard about your mom-"

Kyungsoo ran out of the room crying, mumbling that he hated Jongin. He pushed Chanyeol into the door frame as he exited, his little feet stomping through the halls.

"What did you do to my friend?" Anger rang from the giant's voice.

 

 

After explaining the situation to his friend, the giant blinked impassively. He thought about the words that were said. Then he looked at the boy.

"I understand. I'm sorry you were the one to be the victim of his bad feelings."

Jongin shrugged. "Not your fault. So, it seems like it has been a while since your last visit." The boy laughed a little hoping to lighten the mood.

"Yeah...I had a lot of thinking to do. First, I never properly thanked you for what you did. It takes some balls to save another person like that. You are an amazing person. Your personality is very caring. I'm glad I picked you to be my friend. Second, I wanted to apologize for the Baekhyun scene. I didn't mean to set off drama like that-"

Jongin stopped him there. "You are fine. I saved your sister cause for one, she is your sister. Two, I don't need my friend sad. Three, she is so young. She deserves to live a longer life." Unlike me.... "Don't apologize. You just merely said an opinion. If you don't roll that way, then you don't. You said it is a way that wasn't exactly offensive unless that person is like super sensitive."

Chanyeol smiled. It barely met his eyes. "Thanks, man. You are so reassuring. And....."-scratched head awkwardly-"I only said that cause I like Baekhyun."

"Then ask him out."

"What?! No. He wouldn't like a person like me. He couldn't. I'm too happy. I talk too much. He prefers someone more quiet. Plus, he won't talk to me. I made him his favorite food and dessert, and he still won't even send a text."

"Trust me. He will say yes."

"How do you know?"

"Let's say a little birdy told me."

Jongin smiled at his friend. Chanyeol smiled bigger. Happiness started to fill the room. 

"Hey! Look at my fake tattoo. It will last a while! I really want it some day."

Chanyeol showed Jongin his forearm. There was black ink that read: Solum omnium lumen. The font looked to be in old English, at least that is what Jongin thought. The phrase was latin. Chanyeol explained the meaning and why he got it there.

Jongin smiled. He admired the way the giant picked himself up off the ground.

 

 

After a while of spending time with the Happy Virus, Jongin was left alone in his room. He grabbed his note book and started to write.

29.03.2012- Me again...

Hey Noddy,

So, I just hand an encounter with Kyungsoo. He was angry that I woke his mother. He tried to slap the piss out off me.

He was taking his anger out on me. Five years worth of anger, and I'm the one who got it....

I saw his vulnerable side for the first time. I am so angry with myself about it too. I almost sympathized with the enemy. I almost cried because he was. My heart clenched as I watched him feel nothing but pain.

On the other side of that, my mind was cheering. It liked seeing him all sad. It wanted to see more. Part of me wanted to laugh at the . He has given me so much pain.....he should have suffered like I have....but that is too harsh to think isn't it?

The bright side of today....Chanyeol visited. He always makes my day. He thanked me and practically praised me for my action. Then I gave him advice on Baekhyun. I sure hope he says yes. Those two would be perfect together.

Look at me fan girling over my friends....gosh...I have gotten so weird ever since I came here.

Well, I'm exhausted once again....I'm gonna sleep. You sleep good too my friend. Don't try t0 cuddle Mr. Snuggles. He is mine.

 

Jongin laughed at himself as he put the notebook up and grabbed the dog. He held it close to his chest and began to drift to sleep. In the darkness that emerged, all he could see was a small, owl-eyed boy crying in a corner.


Hey, guys. Sorry it took so long. I did get it done before the day ended.

I hope it is okay. Not too short I hope.....

Ooh....more of Kyungsoo's sad side. Yeah...my chapter lol.

I love that Channie really had that on his arm for a while. That really is motivational. For those who may not know what it means, it is "The sun shines everywhere" in Latin. I love it!!!

Sorry....I'm possibly weird lol.

Love you all!!!! Please comment and subscribe. Maybe upvote?