Clear Sign

Subconscious Love

He was more unsure than expected.

“Hello students. This is our new transfer student from Daejeon. Kim Jongin.”

Jongin lowered his head even more (if possible), just hoping to disappear in a big black hole right now.

“Hello.”, he mumbled and buried his teeth in his lower lip, feeling his heart pounding so fast that he feared it could explode. The atmosphere was unbelievably strange. No one said anything. Complete silence.

“Please sit down on a free place you can find.”, the teacher said.

Jongin's hands were tightly clenching his backpack's straps while he slandered nervously to the first random seat he could see.

Jongin gasped feeling released after lowering his on a chair and tucking his bag underneath the table. He turned his head to his left and saw a bored boy tapping a beat with his pencil. As the boy was almost looking in his direction Jongin immediately stared frightened at his hands which were placed on the wooden table.

After gulping he waited a few seconds in which he recollected his courage to lift his head again. But this time he turned to the other direction.

He could see an interested looking guy who gaped at the blackboard without being the distracted.

He didn't seem to notice Jongin's stare and wrote a few things down. Maybe it was a little stupid from Jongin to not concentrate, especially because he was new, but he couldn't stop taxing the handsome guy.

Jongin's gaze was sticking on the puffy and pink lips which were opening at the same moment to show a little tongue as symbol for the boy's concentration.

He didn't even realize that the boy was was glaring at him angrily. He just stared at the lips.

As the huge and dark brown eyes met his own ones he couldn't help but turning around blushing to face his new teacher again.

He heard a silent “jerk” from both sides and gulped before taking out his block to write things down too.

 

❆  ❆  ❆

 

“So you are our new friend?”

Jongin winced and turned his head to stare at the huge boy who just had tapped his shoulder.

“Eh, yes...”, he mumbled as answer and pressed his lips together. They both walked on with the meal trays in their hands. The row in front of them was really long, obviously because it was lunch time.

Jongin looked at the strange boy whose smile was reaching from one ear to the other.

“My name is Chanyeol. I hope you'll have a nice time here at our school. You lived here in Seoul before?”

Jongin took a deep breath and smiled. Chanyeol seemed to be very kind.

Everything was fine.

“No. I spent my whole life in Daejeon. It's a real change... Seoul is so much bigger and so many people...”, Jongin tried to explain. Actually he was really afraid of crowded places and Seoul was absolutely the wrong place for him to be.

Chanyeol nodded. Still with this flashing, bright smile.

“Why did you move... If I may ask...”, he wanted to know than and they walked a few steps on and reached the grumpy woman who served them the canteen food.

“Of course you can ask. My mother found a better workplace here and that was reason enough for her...”, he sighed and stepped forward. Then he realized that he didn't know where to sit down. He couldn't just move to a random group he didn't know.

“Do you want to eat with us?”, Chanyeol suddenly offered as if he just read Jongin's thoughts and walked on too. Jongin nodded shyly.

“That's very nice. Thank you.”, Jongin smiled.

“Our table is right there. Just follow me.”

Chanyeol moved forward faster so he could lead Jongin. Jongin had problems with balancing the food and follow the giant smiler at the same time but somehow they reached the table with no accident.

A group of chaotic boys was kind of eating, shouting, fangirling and arguing.

“Guys. Could you listen for a moment... Tao stop stealing food from Baekhyun!”, Chanyeol grumbled and shook his head. He turned to Jongin who tried to hide behind him and whispered: “Don't be scared. They are crazy like that all the time...”

Jongin just nodded confused and perceived a sudden silence. He felt his heartbeat getting faster in an not-so-healthy way as he noticed that all the boys just noticed him and were staring at him curiously.

For a moment he wanted to ask if there was a pimple on his face but he found it better to keep his mouth closed. He knew there wouldn't be something useful out.

“Finally. The disaster gang is quiet. Well... As you know Jongin moved here short time ago and this is his first day here in school. He will be our new friend... I hope at least so.” Chanyeol explained and took a step to the right to throw Jongin in a deep lake filled with ice cubes and piranhas.

He nodded with a fake but gentle smile on his face.

Unsure he his lips and scratched them with his teeth, didn't know what to say. A habit he had when he became uncomfortable. And that happened very often.

“Come and sit down!”, a female looking boy abruptly bawled. Feeling released once again he cracked a smile and placed himself next to the kind person who just saved him from drowning.

“So... Jongin... You are new too...”, the boy asked.

Jongin chewed his meal and swallowed.

“'Too'?”

The boy laughed.

“Yeah 'too'. I moved here a little while ago too... You come from Daejeon? Did I understand that right?”, he asked. Jongin snickered.

“Yes, you understood everything right. By the way I don't even know your name...?”

“My name is Xi Lu Han. But call me Luhan.”, the boy introduced himself and grinned.

Jongin was a little wondered but curious too.

“Your name doesn't sound korean...”, he muttered.

“I'm not Korean anyway.”

“He comes from China.”, Chanyeol, who was sitting on the opposite, declared while his mouth was filled with his meal.

At this explanation Jongin started to cough.

“China?”

“Yes.”, Luhan considered.

“CHINA?”

“Yes.”

Jongin could really not believe it. Luhan just giggled.

“Oh my ing god... You must be a super brain. Your Korean is just perfect and bet you speak Chinese fluently too!”, Jongin babbled.

“I don't think I'm a super brain or anything like that...”, Luhan hummed and drunk some of his coke.

“He is the most stupid girl on earth.”, another boy grunted from the other edge of the long table. Jongin smirked.

“Oh just shut up you little . And why the hell do you call me 'girl', Sehun?”, Luhan angrily spatted and glanced at him.

“And besides. Why do you listen to us? It doesn't interest you anyways...”

“Can't I be curious?”

Jongin had to hold a loud laugh back. They were like an old married couple.

“I really find amazing that you come from another country...”, he commented than and Luhan stopped glaring angrily at Sehun.

“You find that amazing?”, he asked in excitement and Jongin saw how happy he suddenly became.

“Why shouldn't I? I really admire you...”, he replied and noted how blushy Luhan was.

“I feel really awkward... but thank you!”

“Luhan. Just stop being a fangirl and eat!”, a certain Sehun shouted.

“You .”, Luhan chuntered and poked his Ramen with the fork.

“Jongin. I would like to introduce the rest of the monkeys.”, Chanyeol suddenly suggested. Before the addressed could answer he talked on. Everyone was silent again.

“You already know Sehun. We call him pokerface. And you know Luhan. He is our little chinese diva.”

Sehun didn't reply but Luhan seemed to be scandalized.

“I am not!” The boys, including Jongin, giggled and Luhan just pouted.

“Well.. This is Baekhyun. Right next to him you can see Tao. He moved from China too, but that was as he was a little child.”

A boy with darker tan and dark circles under his eyes grinned.

“I don't even speak chinese well.”, he muttered and scratched the back of his head.

“This is Jongdae. Be careful. He likes trolling. Next to Jongdae you can see our school representative head boy. Joonmyun.”

“Nice to meet! If you have any problems don't be afraid of talking to me!”, he smiled and Jongin nodded grateful.

“Can you see the owl right beside him?”, Chanyeol asked and Jongin turned his head in the direction the giant was pointing. Jongin recognized the handsome boy with the big eyes and the puffy lips. Jongin gulped and kept quiet.

“That's Kyungsoo.”

Jongin felt really uncomfortable and nodded awkwardly, felt his face getting hot.

“Hello stalker.”, the other just murmured and rolled his eyes annoyed before shaking his head and keeping on eating.

That was a clear sign that Kyungsoo absolutely didn't like Jongin. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry for mistakes ^-^. Next chapter will be written by Wootaeclover and hopefully online the next sunday. Don't miss the update ♥