Empty Mind

Subconscious Love

“How do you feel today?“

Jongin swallowed the upcoming lump down. He managed to crack a weak smile while asking the doctor the one important question for him.

“Do you have some medicine for me?“

He really couldn't stay the pain anymore. His whole body was burning.

One day had passed since the little argument between Chanyeol and Baekhyun. And one day ago Jongin had been alright. One day ago he had the chance to take his pills. But not today.

Today there wasn't anybody who came to visit him. Actually that didn't bother him that much.

“No, Jongin. The medicine is a too hard for you. I think we should let your body rest for one day without any chemical stuff. Tomorrow you'll get some weaker pills.“, the man with the white coat explained.

The hurt boy let out a frustrated groan. Even groaning caused pain in his lungs.

“When will I be fine again?“, he whispered, voice breaking down.

“It could take some time. Your injury is not on a easy level. You are lucky that the broken rib pieces didn't tear your lungs apart!“

Jongin squinted his eyes shut. That wasn't what he wanted to hear.

“When... will... I be fine again?“, he slowly repeated his question.

His broken arm and leg weren't causing that much pain but his chest felt like falling apart with an explosion.

He tried to breath in a steady rhythm without starting to scream.

“I can't tell you exactly. I guess you'll have to stay here for... three weeks? Or four? Depending on the healing process... We'll let you go home but you're body parts won't heal that fast. You'll have to keep the plaster for about one or two months.“

Jongin felt frustration bubbling up. God dammit. But he cheered himself up. He was still alive. Even though he started asking himself whether that was good or bad.

The doctor laid down the plastic bag on the tray beside his bed and fixed another one with some liquid.

“Don't make a face like that! With the physio therapy you should be okay in no time!“

Yes destroy my hopes and try to make it fine again.

The doctor rubbed his hands together and took the empty plastic bag before giving him a 'cheery' smile. At least he tried to make Jongin's mood better.

“I wish you the best.“, he said before leaving.

Jongin rolled his eyes.

Of course you do. You're getting my medical insurance's money, .

He hated hospital and doctors as hell. They kinda ruined his childhood.

It had been a doctor who told his mother that his father was gone.

It had been in a hospital with many crying and sick people around.

It had been the nurse who brought him to the child corner while his mother collapsed in the corridor.

 

With a deep, hurting sigh he stared out of the window.

He couldn't decide whether thinking about the past or feeling his heart pounding painfully in his chest hurt more.

He reached out his left, not-hurt arm out and grabbed Mr. Snuggles.

At least there was one thing that made him smile a little.

 

❆  ❆  ❆

 

“Alright. Don't move yet. We are almost done.“

Jongin breathed out heavily, ignoring the hurtful poke in his chest, wanting to disappear right at the moment.

He felt the cold surface under his torso. Right now he was lying in a tube-typed X-Ray. The only thing he wanted was hiding under the blankets in his room again.

Time seemed like standing still.

God dammit. I've claustrophobia!

Every breath he took made him suffer as .

“Okay, Kim-Sshi. I guess we are done for today.“, he heard the nurse's muffled voice before feeling a light vibration around him.

He was finally taken out again.

“You wanna hear the results?“, the fake-friendly nurse asked him while Jongin had problems to sit up.

“Not really.“, he answered truthfully while letting out a sigh.

He needed some help but couldn't ask. Too awkward. He didn't want some strange women to touch him. Especially not when everything he was wearing were plasters and boxers.

He laid down again, giving up.

The woman turned around from the computer and walked over.

No. Dammit. Go away!

She grabbed his shoulder and pushed upwards not noticing how awkward red-faced Jongin suddenly got.

Mom. Where are you when I need you?

He kind of felt lonely. Since four days there hadn't been anybody who visited him.

With an uncomfortable glance Jongin took the t-shirt the nurse handed to him.

Next problem: Pull the shirt over the fat head.

He struggled and tried his best to get at least his broken arm to one hole but it didn't work.

Of course it didn't work. What was he even expecting?

The woman took some papers out of the printer and laid them next to Jongin while strechting an arm out to help him.

The boy felt his head getting even more hot. How much he hated body contact.

He closed his eyes while the nurse helped him to dress on.

He held his breath back.

I hope I don't smell like a skunk. I had problems showering. Oh my god. I hope she doesn't smell my sweating armpits.

Jongin was someone who absolutely cared about hygiene but he couldn't help worrying about his smell.

She must think I'm a failure with legs.

Finally everything was ready and she settled Jongin onto the wheelchair since walking would take too much time.

 

 

In his room he was laid onto the bed and the nurse left.

He was lucky that no one else was there to share a room with him.

Usually he enjoyed being alone. Thinking and reflecting. Planning and analysing.

Dreaming and living a little closet in which nobody could come. He loved silence.

But now everything was kinda... changed.

He realized that he was alone because there nobody who would care about him.

His mind was completely blank but filled with pounding blames in his head. All the time he had headache. Headache of thinking and rejecting.

There were so many things in his life he wanted to change. And that was something he realized when he was by himself.

And that made him sad.

It was paradox. He loved being alone and enjoy the silence. But on the other side his mind got full of accusations when he thought about his life. And thinking about his life was something Jongin always did when he was alone.

Then there was the point that he often avoided meeting other persons. He was too afraid of doing something wrong. That caused his loneliness which he normally enjoyed. But on the other side it made him angry.

 

It was an endless circle. It drove Jongin crazy.

He was about to try covering his face with the blanket as he heard someone knock on the door.

Jongin wondered whether Chanyeol and Baekhyun came back.

He bit his tongue as he noticed that Chanyeol was kind of weird when it came to the topic of being gay.

Jongin had to time to think about that anymore as he saw the big wooden door open slowly.

 

The person who entered the room threw Jongin off the track.

“Kyungsoo?“, he pressed out with big eyes.

What the ? Is he here to break my other arm?

The boy closed the door loudly and sightly annoyed, rolling his eyes.

He was holding a few papers in his hands.

“You missed some stuff at school. And since I'm the only one who share every god damn class with I was damned to bring you those ing exercises.“, Kyungsoo spat out angrily. Jongin sank down, ready to disappear right on the spot.

“And I'm forced to explain you every single ty topic.“

He clashed the material on the tray and crossed his arms. Jongin was absolutely confused. Somehow he wanted to be good at school... but this attitude made him unsure.

Why this devil boy? Karma, you hate me, don't you?

 

__________________________________________________

Hello lovely KaiSoo shippers around the world! :D

God dammit there were so many ideas but when I started writing my head was just empty ... *points at chapter title*.

Someone knows when the official versions of all the new songs will be released? I want El Dorado so badly TT_TT! And I wanna see the official MV and version of Call Me Daddy o.o! Fangirl problems. *sigh*

 

I'm as curious as all of you *winks at Wootae and pats shoulder*.  

Sorry for mistakes ^-^.

Chaeyo ♥