The Gift Of Presence

Subconscious Love

Luhan was playing with his fork nervously, not really considering the happening around him. He had just received a message from Sehun, who asked him to meet him in front of the school gate after his classes.

Luhan knew that today, on Friday, Sehun had as many classes as Luhan.

“Luhan, who are you texting with?”

Tao suddenly leaned over to grab his phone but Luhan was faster and slapped him before he could reach the precious device.

“With my mother. She told me to not forget to do my laundry.”, the chinese boy quickly explained.

Tao was holding his nose and in pain.

“You didn't need to break my face.”, he hissed with knitted eyebrows.

“Stop crying. You go to Wushu Training almost every day, you probably don't even feel any pain anymore.”, Luhan said while rolling his eyes.

“Why are you so y, calm down. Couldn't you at least excuse yourself?”

The others at the table, at least those who were present, were not really paying attention to them.

“Have you seen Jongin, Joonmyun or Kyungsoo or... Yixing... or Sehun?”

While saying the last name, Luhan couldn't help but smile.

“Jongin is with the new guy... I forgot his name. And Kyungsoo wanted to talk with Joonmyun about a ing important topic... that were his words.”, Chanyeol explained while chewing his noodles.

Luhan nodded.

“And what about Sehun and Yixing?”
“Sehun asked him if he could teach him some Chinese during lunch. He doesn't want to look stupid in front of you anymore.”, Baekhyun told him and Luhan grinned.

“That's really cute.”, he said.

“Wait, we have a new guy at the school?”, Tao suddenly asked.

“Yeah, I don't know when exactly he started going to this school...”, Baekhyun slowly answered.

“Don't you wonder why we receive so many new students? I mean... Luhan, Jongin and now... what was his name?”

“Jaebeom.”

All of them turned around to see a foreign face, smiling at them.

“My name is Park Jaebeom. Nice to meet you.”

“I thought Jongin was with you?”, Chanyeol wanted to know, not really greeting him. He had been worried about him, but didn't know when to visit him without annoying him or his family.

“I'm sorry for his behavior. He's just worried. His name his Chanyeol and I'm Baekhyun.”, his boyfriend slowly saved the situation.

Jaebeom nodded, a smile on his face. He smiled a lot, at least since he knew that Jongin didn't hate him anymore.

“Jongin was with me, but he said he didn't feel well and went to nurse office.” It was lie, but they couldn't know. Jongin was actually sobbing in the restroom and he supplicated to not tell anyone.

Luhan laid his fork down.

“Do you know what he has?”, he asked in a concerned tone.

“I think he caught a cold somewhere. He told me to not stay with him since it's spreading really fast.”

“A cold in autumn? This boy really is something...”, Tao mumbled.

 

The rest of the day, no one saw Jongin.

 

 

 

[…]

 

 

“Sehunnie!”

Luhan walked faster as soon as he noticed the boy leaning against the wall.

“Lulu. Here you are. I thought you forgot.”

“No. Here I am. So... what did you want to tell me?”, Luhan questioned happily, holding the straps of his bag.

Sehun scratched his neck, smiling and searching for the right words.

“Uhm... this might be too hasty for you but... I wanted to ask you if you want to go on a date with me?”

Luhan's jaw dropped open. His reaction made Sehun uncomfortable.

“I'm sorry, it was a stupid question... I will walk you home...”

The Chinese boy woke up of his stiffness and hugged Sehun tightly, causing him to drop his shoulder bag.

“Yes! I thought you would never ask!”

Sehun closed his eyes for a moment and rested his head on Luhan's shoulder. Sehun needed this beautiful being in his life. He needed him. But it wasn't time to tell him yet. Was Luhan feeling the same for him? It was possible since he agreed without hesitating.

“Where are we going?”

Sehun smiled, he did that a lot around Luhan, and told him to walk with him.

“You have to guess.”, he said then, making Luhan whine.

“Can't you just tell me?”, he pouted, causing the other to giggle.

“No. Guess.”

“Hmm... The cinema?”, Luhan tapped his chin while they walked down the next road. The road seemed too familiar to him.

Sehun shook his head.

“We go to a restaurant?”

“No. Come on Luhan. It's not too hard to guess.”

Luhan was frustrated.

“This is our date?”, he guessed.

Sehun had to laugh at the disappointed expression. Luhan noticed that they stopped walking.

“Sehun... what are we doing at my house?”, Luhan asked, obviously really confused.

“Please go in and leave your school stuff there, change your outfit. You have to wear something warm.”, Sehun instructed him while watching the boy opening the door.

“I will wait here.”, he finally said after Luhan agreed.

 

Luhan came out with a warm jacket and a beanie on his head. To his surprise Sehun was wearing a jacket and a hat as well.

“Where did you get that from?”

Sehun pointed at his big shoulder bag.

“And I wondered why it was so fat.”

Sehun grabbed the boys hand, causing him to blush and they walked to the bus station.

“Sehunnie, please tell me!”, Luhan whined when they sat down.

Sehun remained silent, enjoying the other to be frustrated.

 

After about ten minutes they arrived there, but Luhan couldn't tell what there was.

They left the bus and stood in front of a wide building. Luhan read the white front on top of it and his eyes widened.

“We are going to ice-skate?!”, Luhan screamed, hugging Sehun from the side.

“Yes.”

 

 

 

 

After taking the ice skates on, they stomped weirdly towards the entrance of the frozen surface.

“I can't walk. How am I supposed to skate with these shoes?”, Luhan giggled and stopped stomping.

Sehun smiled before slowly stepping on the ice. He immediately slipped and almost fell but he managed to hold the edge. Then he stood straight again and started to slide around. He did not leave Luhan – he knew he wouldn't manage it on his own – and grinned towards him.

“Come on, Lulu. It's not hard.”

Luhan suddenly turned to a stubborn five-year-old kid, shaking his head and pouting.

“I'm scared.”, he simply said with crossed arms.

“I promise you, I'm here.”, Sehun softly said, making Luhan give in.

He stiffly reached out his hands and clenched Sehun's arms as soon as he reached them. With the most carefulness possible he lifted his right leg and placed it on the ice. Of course it immediately slipped away and Sehun had to hold Luhan up.

“I'm scared!”, Luhan yelled. As he saw a few children starring at him while skating away, he turned red.

“It's okay if you need time, as long as you keep trying there is no problem.”, Sehun whispered.

Luhan nodded and tightly held the others arms before collecting all of his courage to place his other foot on the ice as well.

Luhan had closed his eyes in fear, but when he did not feel any pain he was startled and opened them to realize... that he was indeed standing.

“Lulu! You are standing! That's great.”, Sehun cheered. Luhan felt proud.

“Can I hold on the edge? You probably don't even feel your arms anymore...”, Luhan murmured with a regretful gaze.

“No, it's okay. I'm here for you, okay?”

A few seconds, Luhan was standing there, too scared to move any part of his body.

“Sehun. I want to move. But I'm afraid.”

Sehun laughed lightly at Luhan's cuteness.

“Lulu, what's the worst that can happen? We will lie on the ground. That's it. It doesn't even hurt because you will land on me.”, Sehun explained.

Somehow he was right and so Luhan accepted to let Sehun pull him around. Sehun was skating backwards, holding his hands, Luhan didn't have to move on his own.

“It's so much fun!”, Luhan loudly admitted when he managed to relax himself and his muscles. Sehun was often turning his head to see where they were driving and to avoid accidents.

“I need a short pause...”, Sehun said and slit to the edge.

Luhan had finally the courage to stand on his own and let go of Sehun who was out of breath.

“I'm proud of you!”, Sehun happily encouraged.

“I don't want to bother you all the time. I want to skate on my own as well. Please... can you teach me?”, Luhan asked, feeling sorry for the other.

Sehun, who breathed normally again, nodded and slit right next to him. The metal of his ice-skates were making rough but funny noises.

Sehun slowly drove forth and back again, explaining every move he did. Luhan moved one leg but his kissed the ground.

Sehun had to suppress his laughter. Luhan looked like a trodden puppy.

“That's normal. Come on. You were so close.”

Luhan took Sehun's hand and tried again and again. He fell down again and again, sometimes he teared Sehun down with him, but he didn't give up.

“There you go! Luhan! Wohoooo!”, Sehun cheered loudly, seeing Luhan skate completely on his own for more than six meters.

Sehun slowly followed him, a grin plastered all of over his face, while he opened his arms to hug him from the back.

Luhan jumped a little, but did not fall. His hands found Sehun's and they were moving in sync.

“Did you forget you gloves?”, Sehun asked as he noticed how red and cold Luhan's hands were.

“Yeah...”, the other admitted.

“You are wearing this designer jacket your aunt has gifted you, aren't you? You don't have any pockets...”

“Unfortunately not.”

Sehun stopped their skate and turned Luhan around, almost losing his balance.

“Raise your hands like this.” Sehun showed that Luhan's hands should be between them.

Luhan was confused but did as he was told.

Sehun covered the small hands with his gloved ones, rubbing against them to warm them up. Luhan's cheeks were red, not only because of the cold and the exertion.

Sehun eyed the other, appreciating every inch of his face.

“Luhan I... have to tell you something...”, Sehun spoke with a low voice.

Luhan blinked and waited for him to go on.

“I... don't know how it happened. I don't know why. I'm not even daring to question it. But every time I see you, I feel so happy. You know that feeling when you are almost starving and in the restaurant you finally receive your dish? That happy, relieved feeling? That's how I feel when I see you. When I see you are there, you are healthy, you are happy. I enjoy every interaction with you. Even just starring at you is enough for me. Luhan... I... don't know how to say it. I just... can't imagine a life without you. I can't picture a future without you. I need you in my life. But not as a friend. Luhan. I love you. Do you want to be boyfriend?”

Luhan's eyes began to water as he hugged the other tightly. “I love you too, oh my god I was so unsure but now I'm happy now that I now that you feel the same and YES. I want to be with you forever.”, Luhan babbled happily into Sehun's jacket. The other inhaled Luhan's numbing scent.

Luhan broke the hug and starred at him with big, watery eyes.

“I have a question as well.”

Sehun raised an eyebrow.

“Do you want to be my first kiss?”

Sehun blinked and slowly realized what Luhan just had said. He never kissed anybody.

“If you want to be mine...”

Sehun cupped his boyfriend's red cheeks before gently brushing against his lips. It took a few seconds until Sehun had the guts to really kiss him.

Sehun felt Luhan already moving against his lips, which he answered with an exploding feeling in his tummy. It was like his brain was thrown out and his heart was screaming in happiness.

That had to be that feeling that everyone was talking about.

 

It was love.

___________________________________________________________________

 

WHooooooooooooooohoooo! HUNHAN SPECIAL CHAPTER :D

I'm still not home. Thanks Wootaec for putting this online. 

See you soon ♥

 

XO Chaeyo ♥