Miserable

Subconscious Love

Kyungsoo had troubles carrying his big back to the next station, waiting for the next bus right to his house.

His mind was filled with too many thoughts.

I actually talked with the tar-... with Jongin, for the first time in a normal ing way.

It was time for Kyungsoo to go and live in his own home again, his plan to make Jongin suffer kinda escalated too quickly and the 'I will stay for two days' had turned into a 'I'm here for a ing week'. Before anyone would notice that the whole story about the broken water pipes was a big fat lie.

The small male breathed out as the big vehicle stopped in front of him, making him move his inside of it.

After a few struggles with the bag and paying, he was finally sitting on a seat, thinking about everything.

Why did he even want to stay at Jongin's? Yeah, to make him live the hell. But why didn't he just bully him in school, like he did with everyone else until now? Additionally, he ing excused himself and even offered to help Jongin. What the was going wrong with him?

Surely, another reason that he couldn't stand the thought of living alone. His mother was taking a cure for six weeks, which meant he was left alone.

But why did he chose Jongin? He had so many other friends.

Suddenly Kyungsoo realized something. He realized how nobody really liked him. How he hadn't any friends. The people he was hanging out with, always were over-talking him, always ignoring him. They were giving him back, what he was spreading. Coldness.

Maybe I should listen to Joonmyun and be... friendly.

The boy leaned his head against the window and watched how the lamps were lightening up the dark street.

Checking his phone, Kyungsoo noticed that it was already midnight. And tomorrow morning he still had to appear in his classes. It was unusual for him to stay awake for so long. But he couldn't possibly stay alone in the house of the Kim's. That would be rude. And after everything he had done to Jongin, it would be the most disrespectful thing ever.

Kyungsoo was evil, yes, but he never would be disrespectful to an older person, which happened to be Mrs. Kim in this case.

He had no rights to annoy the little, happy family any longer.

 

 

 

[…]

 

 

“Kim Hyojoon.”

“Present!”

“Kim Jongin.”

Silence.

Jaebeom turned around several times, checking every corner of the class, without finding the tanned boy.

“Not present.”

Mr. Sung tapped his pen a few times, rolling his eyes and breathing out loudly.

“That lazy boy. Never appears and hopes for good marks, isn't it?”, he mumbled in a low voice while writing down the missing student's name.

No one dared to speak against the severe teacher. No one dared to protect the missing boy. No one.

Jaebeom chewed his inner cheek nervously, waiting for his named to be called out, starring at his opened book, creating the illusion that he was preparing himself for biology class.

Jongin was present one day and then... he was gone. And then, he was there again, and then not.

It was confusing for Jaebeom and he didn't know how to handle the situation. He was worried that Jongin was injured again, that something had happened again. But maybe, he was just overreacting and the tanned boy needed some free time to calm down form all the chaos.

After all, Kyungsoo found out about... the thing.

Jaebeom thought about what could happen to him... to them again. It was not the greatest feeling on earth to almost drown in the urine of three ing guys, bullying him and laughing.

But all of the hate always had been on Jongin, since everything had been mainly focused on him. Jaebeom only had changed the school twice but Jongin never stayed anywhere for longer than a month.

Somehow he was proud about how much he had already found out about the tanned one. He almost was able to call him his friend.

“JAEBEOM. I SEE THAT YOU ARE THERE. WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ING SAY THAT YOU ARE PRESENT. IT'S NOT THAT HARD.'

Jaebeom winced as the teacher screamed at him. Starring at his desk, he nodded, mumbling a low “I'm sorry.”

He hadn't even realized that it was already his turn. He should definitively stop thinking so much but he couldn't help it.

He was worried. About Jongin. About his friend.

 

 

 

[...]

 

 

“Uhm. Hey Mommy.”

Kyungsoo kept tapping his index finger on his thigh.

“Oh. You finally got your lazy up to call your sick mom? Where have you been until now? Since I'm finally awake, you hadn't spoken with me for one damn time.”

Kyungsoo felt a big package of guilt squashing him.

“I'm so sorry. Everything... was so... confusing. And... I'm sorry. I'm the worst person, I know. I almost killed someone, forgot about you- no my ego was too big. Since Jongin was the one causing you to wake up, I didn't want to accept it. I wanted to be the one.”, Kyungsoo talked without pausing, not noticing how the tears started rolling over his cheeks. So much stuff that was bottled-up in his mind.

“Can I talk with your Dad?”
Kyungsoo stopped for a moment.

“You don't know, right?”, he sniffled.

“What? Is he working again? It's 4 in the morning?”

“N-No... He... While you were lying in coma for over seven month, he had given up any hope... He isn't your husband anymore. At least on paper. He isn't my official father anymore.”

There was silence on the other end of the line.

“You are joking right? Please tell me, you are just joking, right?”
Kyungsoo didn't answer.

“Oh my god. Can this get any worse?”, his mother started to cry loudly, probably waking up everybody in the building.

“This is the worst day of my life. When did he leave?”

Kyungsoo starred at his lap.

“Three months ago.”

“And who took care of you?”

“My aunt, Sunhee. But she left a month ago. Thanks to my uncle and grand father, they are paying the rent.”

“This is too much for me at once. I-I will call you again later.”

“You have to enjoy Busan. You won't get this chance to visit it again...”

How miserable could a person feel? Kyungsoo had reached the lowest.

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I know, this chapter is super short and I'm really sorry. But it won't make any sense to trigger any new ideas, since we

will be on Hiatus for three month, since Wootaec will leave tomorrow.

I tell all of you guys to wish her good luck and to stay healthy! Spam her inbox or wall.