Another Painful Throwback

Subconscious Love

On their way back home, it was silent in the car, as usual, with the only difference that this time Jongin's mind was clouded with question marks.

Why would Kyungsoo visit the same therapist as he did? Weren't there plenty of other psychlogists in Seoul? Why would would visit his very own, specialized one?

Jongin concluded that it simply had to be an evil act. To make him insecure. To make him scared.

But Jongin couldn't help but still think about what actually was wrong with the big eyed other. Maybe he actually had a problem. But Jongin didn't quite know what it was, but surely some conflict with his parents or friends, because he didn't think that a human could be this hateful because of nothing.

You heard me, right?”

Jongin blinked and turned his head towards his mother. She obviously had said something which he didn't get. It was only then that he noticed that they weren't driving, they were at a gas station at the side of the highway.

I'm going to refuel the car, do you want any snacks?” she asked, with a smile.

No.. but I have to pee...” he awkwardly admitted.

There are signs, telling you where the restrooms are, you are going to find them, right honey?” she explained softly, not losing the worry in her dark eyes.

Jongin wanted to scream 'No, come with me, I'm scared.' but he knew he finally had to make some sort of progress, even if he might just pass out.

He took a deep breath and jumped out of the car, his mother encouragingly smiling at him, and somehow he made his way to the restroom.

He was already intimidated by the amount of males fixing their appearance infront of the mirror, all looking fine and careless. Yeah. We are in the Gangnam district. He realized. Nothing like your little hometown.

Jongin felt like a little ugly farmer boy compared to those perfect appearances. He didn't even dare to go to the urinal, just because he was scared to be scanned and analysed. So he decided to use the cabin instead.

Surprisingly most of them were empty and just as Jongin watned to enter one, he bumped into someone. Of course. I can't even pee without messing up.

He had problems to find his tongue and forced a small, hissed “S-Sorry” out.

Jongin?”

The tanned boy jumped as he heard his name in such a positive tone.

He lifted his head, which he had kept down in order to avoid the daunting eyes of the otheres, and immediately took in a sharp gasp.

Taemin? Is that you?” he squeaked, already tearing up.

Jongin! Oh my god, how long has it been?” Taemin pulled the other into a very tight hug.

Jongin was a little embarassed, because he didn't like body contact at all, but the nostalgia just overwhelmed him.

Taemin let him go and stared at him with big, happy eyes.

Look at you. You have grown so beautifully!” he smiled. “I have missed my best friend... We haven't met since over ten years...” he sighed.

Just then, Jongin raised an eyebrow.

How the hell did you recognize me?” he asked, not getting an answer, and at the same time wondering how he could have never forgotten the others face. Taemin hadn't changed. Not a bit. His face was the same, but his body, Jongin noticed, got athletic, tall and he looked just like -

Like a dancer.” Jongin gasped. Memories flashing all over his mind.

You are still dancing, aren't you?” he smiled, tears coming together at the corners of his eyes.

Taemin smiled. “Yeah, my only passion... How could I give that up?” he let out a shaky breath.

Gosh this is so surreal, why do we meet at the restroom of a random gas station? And why am I not able to properly ask about your past?” The last question didn't seem like he wanted an answer from Jongin.

But Jongin wasn't able to tell about what happened. Taemin probably didn't even know about his fathers death since they moved away back then and they never had the chance to meet again.

Taemin didn't know about the bullying, the party, the video...

They had been the closest friends and shared a wonderful past. A past which was now far away, gone and not reachable for Jongin anymore.

Taemin was a shattered broken piece of a lost, longin memory in his mind.

It broke his heart to see him and he wanted to leave as quickly as possible. He really had troubles to keep his face straight, because it was way too much of an overwhelming progress to handle all those forgotten memories. Memories of their first dance class, their first hide and seek game, their first shared meal, their dumb jokes and puns.

Hey, are you fine? Aren't you happy seeing me?” Taemin's grin dropped, and a concerned expression found its way onto his face instead.

Jongin was suddenly sad. Endlessly, painfully sad. Seeing Taemin was like being able to look back at his past. The small, but still exisiting part of his past which he almost had forgotten. It hurt him to see him, it hurt him to know that Taemin probably had reached everything, Jongin could only dreamed of. He was all styled up, with fine clothing and even makeup and small earrings.

At that point all Jongin wanted to do was run. Run away from him. He knew it would be wrong and rude to leave a person which he hadn't seen for a whole decade. But he felt all the pain of losing everything again. But this time not step by step, no. This time he felt his heart being teared apart and filled with pain all at once.

I-I have to go...” he simply whispered and turned away to run. He probably seemed like a childish piece of crap for doing so and hurting the other but he just couldn't stand the pain any longer. It was so terrible that he even had forgotten to pee but he surely wouldn't return.

He entered the car hectically and told his mother to just drive home already and bursting out in tears shortly after.

 

-

 

Jaebeom was eating lunch, sitting together with the disaster gang as Chanyeol had called them. All of them bubbly and having fun, stealing food from each other and laughing – well at least almost all of them. There were two guys, if he counted himself as well there actually three, who weren't joining the fun.

Jaebeom didn't seem to be the only one who noticed that.

Kyungsoo! Joonmoney! Don't make such faces!” someone with a chinese accent – Jaebeom assumed it had to be Luhan or Tao – shouted from the other end of the table.

Hey that's not my name!”

One of them had very big eyes, sitting on the opposite of Jaebeom and just kept silently stab his food with knitted eyebrows.

Kyungsoo?” The guy next to Kyungsoo poked his arms, making the other turn his head aggressively towards him.

Baekhyun... Shut the up. Stop annoying me.” he hissed with a dangerous tone.

I just wanted to ask if you could hand me the package tissues over there...” the other defensively muttered.

Kyungsoo, calm down. What the is wrong? I know you are aggressive. But this is getting out of control lately.” Chanyeol – Jaebeom remembered his name too well since he had been so unbelievably friendly towards him – asked with a serious expression.

Nothing's wrong. He's just annoying!” Kyungsoo responded, stabbing his chopsticks violently into the chicken – or least that was what the cafetaria called it – and breaking it into tiny little pieces.

You weren't like that...” Baekhyun added.

Yeah you were okay until... until you met Jongin...” another guy who was sitting next to the guy who had been called Joonmoney said calmly.

XingXing you are right.” Chanyeol agreed which was the final straw for Kyungsoo.

Jaebeom winced hard when the big eyed boy suddenly stood up, making a loud scratching noise with his chair, before shouting “Shut the up!”, turning around and leaving in quick, angry steps.

Chanyeol was the first to react, he wanted to stand up, but was stopped by the others. Especially Baekhyun – or was it Joonmoney? Jaebeom was highly confused, but someone told him that Kyungsoo needed time for himself.

The thought of Jongin made him feel like crap. Where was he?

_________________________________________________

GUESS WHOSE BACK. YES WOOTAE IS BAAAAACK *party party*  I want you all to shower her with love!

And we are full with ideas and ideas and you might hate us xDD ♥

I didn't look for mistakes, so I'm sorry if there are any.. I tend to forget words... xD

Chaeyo ♥