Lost Puppy

Subconscious Love

Jongin's throat was dry and eyes were burning while was staring into the dark pair of eyes. He leaned forward and touched the cold mirror.

Why did he cry? Memories.

Jongin pushed himself back. He didn't want to see his own face anymore.

He walked to his bed and sat down while letting out a frustrated breath. His head in his hands, his back forming a bow.

“Jongin? Honey. Is everything alright?“, he suddenly heard his mother's soft voice through the door and blinked.

“Yes.“, he shouted and heard how the wooden door was opened.

“Are they bullying you?“, his mother wanted to know. Jongin sighed and shook his head.

“No. Everything is alright.“, he answered and gulped. He never had been a good liar.

“You know, you can always talk to me, if you have troubles.“, his mother gently said and was about to leave the small room. In the door frame she stopped and reminded Jongin that the meal would be ready at six before she left completely.

Jongin's heart was pounding fast once again as he thought of the glares the students had given him today. He felt embarrassed as he realized that he jst had been standing there like a lost puppy.

He didn't move and his eyes almost became teary as he remember the angry glance of the handsome stranger. His name was Kyungsoo.

He should stop thinking about his day it wouldn't make anything better.

Everything he did was wrong and made himself feeling really bad but thinking and regretting wouldn't solve the problems. Regretting didn't help in the past and it wouldn't help now.

That's what his father had been used to say.

Jongin sighed and stood and to face himself in the mirror again. This time he tried not to give himself the stare of death.

He gave his best just to smile. Even if every smile he cracked was pure fake. He smiled.

Everything is alright. Breath slowly in and out. Remember what Mr. Lee told you.

Somehow it really became better. He decided to take a shower to calm down a little more.

So he turned around and walked straightly to the cartons in the corner of his half-filled room.

Since they moved to Seoul all the stuff was still waiting to be emptied.

 

❆  ❆  ❆

 

“Hey Jongin. Waddup?“, Chanyeol grinned and patted the not-so-new-anymore student's back.

“Everything fine. And how are you?“, Jongin asked back and tried to ignore Kyungsoo's existence right next to him as good as possible.

“Thanks, I'm feeling really good. Although our lovely math teacher is waiting for us.“, the tall boy smirked.

“We have still some time left. Do you want me to show you the school?“, Chanyeol suddenly asked and changed the topic.

“I thought we'd use the lunch break...“, the dark tanned newbie wanted to know raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah. I thought that too... But you know... I'm hungry almost all the time. I would die if I wouldn't eat something in our only lunch break. As you probably noticed we only have one.“, Chanyeol explained while swirling his arms around like it was dealing with Obama.

“Alright. I hope we won't get late...“

“Don't worry. Oh and... Kyungsoo could you come with us? I probably could forget the way back.“, Chanyeol turned away and faced the owl.

Kyungsoo's eyes widened.

“Why me? Can't you take Luhan or Joonmyun?“, he spatted sightly annoyed.

Jongin lowered is head and suddenly found the small fleck next to his right shoe really interesting.

“Calm down. Can you see Luhan or Joonmyun? No you can't, can you? They aren't present and you are the only trustworthy person here.“, the tall boy wiggled his finger around and pointed in the end of his sentence at Kyungsoo.

Jongin again had the wish to disappear right in that moment. He didn't want to cause troubles and the last thing he wanted to do was to destroy friendships.

“Oh please shut up. Since when are you talking so much? You are even worse than our Chinese diva.“, the small owl rolled his eyes.

It was hurting how ignorant his behavior towards Jongin was.

At the same moment Kyungsoo just turned to the dark tanned boy and his thought was destroyed.

“Can't you just go through school alone? Just because you are new you don't need to act like the queen of England who just walked out to pick some flowers up!“, Kyungsoo ranted and Jongin's head moved up again to meet an expression which was speaking for itself.

“Kyungsoo stop it.“

Chanyeol's voice was calmer than expected. Kyungsoo looked like he as going to spit at the newbie's feet. He shook his head and left without a comment.

And Jongin?

Jongin felt like he was going to cry. It was just the perfect Deja Vu. Every visit of a new school has started that way.

The tall boy patted Jongin's backpack as if he read the other's thoughts.

“Don't feel bad. Kyungsoo is a grumpy cat. He likes bullying and sometimes I worry if he's kind of sadistic...“, Chanyeol explained and looked at the clock on the light blue wall.

“Damn it. Because of him we haven't got any time... Jongin?“

But Jongin was running away to search the restroom. But mainly to hide his tears.

After sprinting through endless hallways he leaned exhausted against a glass door.

You lil . Are you crying again?

Jongin gulped and dropped his backpack. Luckily there wasn't anybody else who could've seen him.

After calming his breathing down he nodded to symbolize that everything was alright.

Don't ever forget what Mr. Lee has told you!

He took his bag again and slowly opened the door to realize that he didn't know where to go.

it. He was lost.

Couldn't you just run to the math room's hallway?

He knew he was a dumb . His eyes weren't teary anymore but his hands were sweaty instead.

Jongin hadn't time to think about his appearance as he saw a familiar face.

Luhan! Thank god.

“Hey Jongin! Did you lose your way?“, the Chinese grinned and walked to Jongin who just had stopped moving. Jongin nodded shyly.

“You aren't far away. Just follow me.“

 

❆  ❆  ❆

 
 

The hours passed faster than expected and somehow the class mastered the strict lesson.

Jongin gasped and packed his stuff to stand up.

“Hey Jongin!“

Jongin turned his glance into the direction of which the voice had come.

He taxed the white tanned boy which was smiling and waving at him.

“You probably don't remember me... I'm Baekhyun! I was sitting at the lunch table yesterday.“, the other explained and Jongin barely could remember.

“I wanted to show you the school!“, he offered and the other student blinked irritated.

“Don't stare at me like I'm a ghost!“

Jongin gulped.

What have I done to deserve so kind persons?

“Is everything alright? You don't look good.“

Jongin winced and nodded.

“Thank you. I was just confused. I had problems to memorize your face. Mianhae.“, Jongin babbled. He still wasn't a good liar.

“Oh well. Come! There is so much to show!“

Baekhyun knocked at the table between them and laughed excited.

 

❆  ❆  ❆

 

 

“This is our main hall. As you probably noticed. Ah! Look. There is Chanyeol!“

Baekhyun jumped a few times and pointed at the messy crowd of students.

It was hot and sticky in here and Jongin thought he wouldn't be able to take one more breath if they stayed one more minute in this airless entrance hall.

Before he could notice the tall boy was right beside them talking about things Jongin couldn't concentrate on. He was too busy to air in.

. Stop talking.

Jongin's forehead got sweaty and he stared at random spots all over the hall.

I need fresh air.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol weren't looking like they would stop their conversation in near future.

Jongin couldn't hold it anymore and turned away to sprint like there was no tomorrow.

Somehow he found the door which leaded to the school yard.

He ignored the fact that he just left two really gentle soon-to-be friends.

After a few seconds in which he tried to calm down he noticed that he was trembling.

Jongin stared at his shaking and sweating hands confused.

His sight became blurry and he blinked several times to clear it.

Help.

_____________________________

I love cliffhanger xD. And I ran out of ideas.

Now I'm curious what is going to happen next keke ♥. 

Sorry for mistakes. English isn't my first language ^-^.

Oh and... does anyone know a good background? White is boring.

Is the font okay? xD

Chaeyo ♥