Just What He Needs

Subconscious Love

Jaebeom carried the unconscious male all the way to the nurse's office. He tried to keep the familiarity of the boy out of his mind. He just kept his face forward not even attempting to look at the person. Once he showed up to the nurse's room, he heard a boy freaking out.

"...and h-h-he just p-passed out!" the boy screamed.

The new male carried the tan one to the bed in the room.

"I take it this is your friend."

"Oh. My. God. Thank you! Thanl you so so so much for bringing him here," the president explained as he hugged the stranger. "My name is Joonmyun."

The male held out his hand to the other. The new boy hesitantly shook it.

“My name is Jaebeom. It was nice to meet you. I should get going now. I need to learn the layout of the school.”

“I can be your guide. That’s why I’m the class president.

Joonmyun spoke with a friendly pride as he started to walk into the hall.

“I learn better by myself. Plus, you need to make sure your friend is okay.”

With those words, he left silently and began to wonder aimlessly around the school learning the main places he would need to go to.

Making his way back to the front of the school to sit in the sun, Jaebeom tripped and ran into a short boy. Muttering an apology, he swiftly left and went outside.

Kyungsoo stood there dumbfounded and ready to punch a mother er in the face.

How dare he just run into me like that and not even look in my eyes to say sorry!

The elf sized boy stomped off to his next class and brooded for the rest of the school day.

 

 

After school, Kyungsoo sat in his room trying to do his homework. His mind was lost in its own little word making the task difficult to complete.

He kept thinking about the boy that bumped him in the hall. Anger still filled him as he thought about it, but he was trying to think past that emotion. That boy’s face was familiar to him. He could have sworn he saw it on TV once.

“Soo, come here for a second,” his mother called.

He rushed over to his mom and held her hand. It still shocked him at how fast she recovered from being in a coma. She went through her physical therapy fast and is able to do so much.

“Yes, mommy?”

She smiled. She thought it was cute that he still calls her that. “Does my dress look okay?”

He nodded. “Do you have a date tonight?”

She nodded. “There is this lawyer. I met him as I walked around the park with Jongin’s mother. He asked me out as I pet his dog.” Her son nodded in approval. “Speaking of Jongin’s mom, she was wondering if you would like to spend the night at their house this weekend?”

“I don’t know. I will think about it. I have all week to. I’m gonna go to the park. Chan wanted me to help him with a project for school.”

Quickly, the small boy left and started texting Chanyeol.

Lie for me. Sneaking to school.

If my mom asks, I’m helping you

with a project.

--Squishy~

“I gotta find his name. I gotta find his name.” Kyungsoo kept mumbling that on his way to the school.

Once he got there, he searched the secretary’s desk. Came up empty. Searched her computer. Nothing. He took his time and looked through the filing cabinet. Could not find the boy’s face there.

Then he decided to look in the principal’s office. There laid the folder about the new kid. Park Jaebeom. Kyungsoo gasped.

That’s the boy that tried to jump off the bridge and kill himself. All because he was gay…wow…

His eyes read further into the file. The information he soaked in kept him on his toes. He had to research more about him on the internet. He didn’t know when he would get the time though. Most days, he was busy with homework and chores, pushing himself to show his mother the appreciation and love he had for her.

Then the idea hit him like an eighteen-wheeler transporting bricks. He can take a break and research if he spends the night at Jongin’s. He knows he can act like a good friend and pretend to get along with him. He knows that Jongin can do the same. It was perfect!

 

 

Jongin sat in the living room listening to music as he finished his English and history assignments when the aroma of chocolate swept by his nose. Getting up, he made his way to the kitchen.

“Are you making brownies, mom?”

“The chocolate chip lava brownies. They’re for the new neighbors.”

Jongin huffed. He was really hoping to get one.

“I made a few extra.” She ruffled his hair as she made her way of the room with the plate. “Wanna go with me to visit them? I heard the woman has a son around your age.”

The boy nodded a little eagerly. “I guess it wouldn’t hurt. I haven’t had too many issues with being social. I mean…I have a few friends now.”

The small family left the house smiling and laughing as they made their way to the left of the house.

After ringing the bell, they waited patiently for someone to answer. About five minutes later, a woman answered the door.

“Hello. We made these for you and your son to welcome you,” Jongin said handing her the plate.

“Well aren’t you guys sweet! Come in. Come in. I will get my son. Feel free to sit anywhere.”

Jongin followed his mother in and sat on the couch next to her. He sat with his shoulders a little tense. While they waited, the new woman called for her son who was upstairs in his room.

After waiting for what seemed like hours, the boy finally came down. Once he entered the living room, Jongin froze completely. This is just what he needed.

No! No! No! It’s him! Again! He screamed heavily in his mind. His head began to spin. The anger that radiated off of his mom did not help him any. He did not understand how she can play so calm and friendly when her skin was hot from her boiling blood.

“This is my son, Jaebeom.”


Poor Jongin. He is freaking out so bad.

Is it okay? I hope so.

Please comment and subscribe. Maybe upvote. :D

Love, Wootaec.