Scepticism

Subconscious Love

 “Mom, I don't want to move again. For the first time in my life... I have... friends. I can't even believe that I just said that. Friends.”, Jongin whispered in a frustrated voice, knowing she wouldn't listen because she was talking on phone.

Jongin just couldn't believe it. His past was haunting him like a nightmare.

After about ten minutes his Mom joined him on the red couch while picking up the remote from the table and laying the old-fashioned phone down. They had no money to buy a new one, and it still worked though.

Jongin didn't even notice how his hands had started to tremble while his mother slowly picked a random drama on TV.

“Mom?”, his voice was weak, his eyes teary.

The woman seemed to be thinking about how she should chose her next words.

“Who did you call?”, Jongin breathed after a short period of silence, unusually impatient.

His mother finally turned her head towards Jongin. Neither of them was really paying attention what the television was showing. Both were to deep in thoughts.

“I talked to Mr. Lee.”, she slowly explained, watching Jongin's eyes grow bigger. She couldn't tell whether he was scared or happy.

“He said everything will be fine, right?”, the boy said with an enthusiastic look on his face, knowing it couldn't be truth.

Nothing was ever fine. Not in his life.

“I told him what happened in the hospital. He listened – as always – and … he weirdly kept silent.”, his mother slowly said not daring to look into her son's disappointed face.

Jongin gulped and quickly moisturized his lower lip. His mother took a deep breath before quickly spatting out the next question.

“We will drive to his office next week and discuss details about the happenings.”

Silence.

Jongin blinked while realizing what was said.

“We will drive back to... Daejeon?”, Jongin gasped, lowering his head and holding it in fear.

“Yes. But only for one day.”

“Mom. Why.”, he had troubles to keep his voice straight.

Jongin wanted to stand up and run away but oh. His ty leg was still broken.

I hate my life.

His mother put an arm around the trembling body trying to comfort his son. Mrs. Kim could only imagine what hell he was going through.

“I promise. After visiting Mr. Lee we will...” She paused while thinking about something that could raise Jongin's mood.

“...we will go to KFC!”

Jongin felt a soft hand running through his messed up hair.

KFC. I haven't been there like forever.

“Really?”, Jongin asked his voice filled with skepticism. He did not in anything anymore. Jongin glanced at the women hugging him from the side and smiling at him.

“Yes, honey.”

Jongin shook his head, tears slowly coming up.

“We don't have money... My therapy engulfed loads of-”

“We have money.”, his Mom interrupted him with an angry face.

Jongin knew that face to well. She just doesn't admit the truth.

“Mom please. Don't make things worse than they are.”, he sighed while swirling out of the half-hug. Still hating body-contact.

“Could you hand me my crutches? I wanna sleep now.”, he requested in a long sigh.

 

He ended up crying himself into sleep, nothing unusual.

 

 

*            *            *

 

 

“You are so damn stupid. You are so ing frustrating me!”, Kyungsoo's whined while throwing the pencil away.

I know I'm stupid, no need to tell me.

Jongin silently watched Kyungsoo who was grumbling loudly. His gaze dropped onto the sheet with math.

Jongin slowly leaned forward, making the old wooden chair creek.

They still were in school, Kyungsoo trying to teach Jongin some maths. The tanned boy wasn't in the mood to counter any of Kyungsoo's insults. He had no energy to do so. His mind was filled with so many other things. That was one of the reasons why he couldn't really concentrate on his exercises, ignoring the fact that he didn't understand anything anyways.

“Jerk! Are you even listening?”

Jongin winced and stared right into Kyungsoo's angry face. He had no energy to make offenses about his looks in his mind.

face... Man, I'm uncreative today.

“At least I know where to start with you... at the beginning. Oh my god didn't you go to school or why don't even know the easiest questions?”

Kind of.

“Didn't get it. My teachers always were dumb.”, he explained trying to hide his emotions as good as possible.

Kyungsoo nodded and left it like that.

“That was it, for today.”, he murmured and started packing his things. Jongin did the same.

Somehow Kyungsoo's pencil (which he had thrown away earlier) had rolled right in front of his feet. Of course the small boy tripped over it and almost fell on the ground.

But instead two hands grabbed his waist and he landed on something soft. Kyungsoo didn't want to admit how comfortable it was.

Kyungsoo was sitting on Jongin's lap.

The injured boy hissed in pain throwing his head back. Well that position raised the cleaner lady's eyebrows and made her walk away with a disturbed face.

Kyungsoo however jumped of the tanned boy's lap with a dark red face.

Jongin was too tired to get what was going on and just grabbed his crutches and his bag and limped out of the scene.

 

 

It took it's time until he realized what just had happened.

And when he finally got it, he threw his fork with spaghetti away and screamed in front of his mother's face.

Yes it had taken the whole drive until their home.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

I don't know what I did there. Really. Sorry.

Maybe you guys are confused but believe me. I am confused to. You'll understand what's going on in a few years. Dunno.

I'm amazed how many people subscribed. Like 100? Srsly?

I guess me and Wootae will be like:

But the lack of upvotes show that people don't really like it.

I haven't read it so sorry if there any mistakes. I promise to edit every single chapter I wrote and add something as soon as I got more time.

The title is ty, I know.

 

Chaeyo ♥