Showing Appreciation

Subconscious Love

"There is an awful lot of blue on this. Should we add more color?"

"I don't know. How about splash some red on there? Like Superman colors? Didn't you say he saved someone?"

"Yeah! You are a genius."

"I try."

Laughter filled the art room as paint was being sloshed around.

"Minseok? Yifan? What are you doing skipping class?" Joonmyeon asked.

"We came in here to make Jongin a card for being a hero. He needs to feel appreciated. I don't think he has been feeling like he is awesome because of Kyungsoo," Minseok explained.

"It is more of a poster of color and words to thank him." Yifan laughed.

"So, that's his name..." Joonmyeon whispered to himself. "How do you guys know the new guy?"

"I met him at lunch. Fan Fan hasn't met him; so, I am having him help me with this. That way, he can meet the awesomeness of this person."

Miseok smiled as he splashed a little more paint on the poster board.

"Can I join? I would also like to meet this kid."

Minseok nodded. "You have to help with his card thing though."

"Not a problem." The president grabbed some gold paint and splattered it in a few places.

The three boys continued to decorate the poster board with words of praise, little drawings, and more paint splatters.

 

*            *            *

Chanyeol took a deep breath as he sat in his science class waiting for the bell to ring. His heart was racing as he clock slowly ticked. Three minutes remained for the class period. Those dreaded minutes felt like hours for the boy. He was really hoping his plan worked.

Last period, he made a strawberry cake with vanilla icing. The sides were decorated with pink and yellow flowers. Chocolate shavings lined both the bottom and top edges of the cake. In black thin icing, words were written in a neat cursive.

It read: Dinner tonight? 8:00? -Chanyeol...

The giant left his home ec. class early to wait for the bell to ring. Once it did, he dashed into the room and set the cake on the eyeliner queen's desk and left as quickly as he had entered.

 

The tall boy looked up at the clock.

58....57....56

He wondered if he ate the cake.

45...44...43

He wondered if Baekhyun would accept the offer.

26...25...24

He wondered if his friend still hated him.

5...4...3

Would he get to see the boy at his locker?

The bell rang really loud, and the anxious boy made sure to tbe the first to leave the room. He darted to his locker looking around frantically for his lovely crush. He stood there looking for a little bit and still did not see him.

Opening his locker in a rush and throwing his books in, Chanyeol barely noticed the note that fell out of the metal book holder. He quickly picked it up and ran to his music class.

As he read the note, a big smile was plastered on his face.

Dear Mr. I-hate-my-best-friend-and-thinks-he-is-weird-because-I-have-a-phobia-of-gays,

I will gladly have dinner with you if you take me to see the movie I have been dying to see all month and if you pay for it all.....or we can go to the drive in....it is much cheaper that way. But if we go there, you have to get me cotton candy. ^.^

Thanks...

Love your totally awesome, fabulous, and super handsome best friend,

Byun Baekhyun <3

 

*            *            *

"This is too hard....why did I decide to take this? Lulu.....help me," Sehun whined.

Tao whispered in Luhan's ear. "Make that brat shut up...."

Luhan smacked the panda and went to the whining youngster. "What are you having troubles with?"

"I want to make sure I  am pronouncing this correct. The teacher asked what I would teach as a parent or teacher."

"What do you teach your kids in your head?"

"I teach wisdom!"

"Pronounce it for me dear."

"Wǒ jiǎozhì."

"Sehunnie!"

Luhan smacked the boy's arm.

"What did I say?"

"You said you were ."

Boom! Both boys looked over and found Tao on the floor laughing his off.

"Stop laughing you stupid hyena!"

"Wǒ jiào zhì. That is how you pronouced what you want to say."

"What's the difference?"

"The tones my dear. It's the tones. Now, practice before you say it to the teacher."

Luhan shook his head in disbelief. He wondered how his boyfriend could be so....careless about his thinking. Laying his forehead in his palm, the Chinese boy sighed and got back to doing his work. Once again, Sehun called for help and pronounced something incorrectly again and said a y phrase. The doe-eyed boy began to think all that was on his boyfriend's mind was .

 

*            *            *

The owl and the injured puppy stared at one another really hard, their faces just centimeters apart. If looks could kill, both of their heads would be set to flames.

I want him to get out of my face....(whines) Do I smoosh his face and push him out of the way? No...what if I make his nose bleed? I don't want his nasty DNA. Maybe I should spit in his face! No...I forgot to brush today...so my breath and saliva will stink....wait why do I care? I want him gone!

As the two boys glared at each other with a crap ton of hate in their eyes, Yifan, Minseok, and Joonmyeon snuck into the room. The president carried the poster board with Minseok. Yifan smirked at how close the smaller boys were, and he took his foot and tapped Kyungsoo's back making him move forward.

With cat-like reflexes, Kyungsoo put his hand on Jongin's face having his plush lips land on his own hand. Jongin groaned in pain a little as his face was smooshed with the tiny boy's hand.

"Get your sweaty palm off my face!" Jongin yelled out.

The big owl eyes the shorter had became slitted like a cat's as he glared at the one in the hospital bed. He reared his hand back a little and slapped the boy. Turning his gaze to the older male, he scowled in disgust and started to smack his arms.

"Why would you do that to me? That was almost my first kiss, Yifan! I don't want to have this face steal it!"

The short boy punched Yifan's arm and spit in his face as the man chuckled. Then he started to do the dramatic storm out.

"I get that I'm attractive and all, but sweet cheeks, I'm all ready taken." Yifan laughed holding his stomach.

"You are such a pig. I don't want you or your ugly rat face."

With those words, the boy with the height of a life sized doll left down the hall.

"Ouch..." Joonmyeon whispered.

Yifan just cackled away. "He wants me."

Minseok rolled his eyes and presented the poster board. "We made you a thing!"

The poster had big purple glittery letters at the top and bottom. The top said: To our local Superman. The bottom read: From Minnie, Fan Fan, and Grandpa.

Jongin laughed at the bottom.

"Told you he would laugh," Joonmyeon whispered embarrassed.

Then the tanned boy's eyes roamed around on the poster. He started to laugh at a drawing. "What is that?"

Yifan spoke up proud of himself. "From what I have heard, you are shy and like to be alone most of the time. So, this is me calling you over so I can show you the awesomeness that I know. This is you, the shy, lone wolf hesitantly making your way to my amazing presence."

Jongin laughed.

"Thanks you, guys! I love it! I feel like Minseok forced you both into it."

"He forced me." Yifan scoffed.

"I-I volunteered."

"Well thank you." Jongin smiled brightly, and this time, the smile actually reached his eyes. "I love the color choices. The little splashes of gold make it sparkle. The purple is a nice contrast to the red and blue. I love that it is red and sky blue, my faves. The hearts, stars, and smiling faces are drawn with such great precision. And Yifan's silly drawing just ties it together."

"It isn't silly!"

Jongin laughed more. "The concept is, but I love it just the same."

The tall boy and the blushing one came up to Jongin and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Yifan and...Grandpa?"

"It's Joonmyeon."

Jongin grinned like a child. "Nice to meet you, Joonmyeon."

Both boys bowed and stood by the baozi. For the rest of the afternoon, they all chatted and laughed. Jongin was now beginning to feel slightly accepted by people, but he knew not to get too close...


Hey guys!!!!

So um...sorry about any mistakes. Kinda sleepy right now lol.

I hope the chapter is okay. Is it long enough? Did I achieve my goal of slight humor?

Please comment and subscribe. Maybe upvote?

Anyway, Love you all. ^.^

Wootaeclover out lol. Sorry...I have no brain sometimes.