Stranger Danger

Subconscious Love

Chanyeol sat at the restaurant waiting. He kept watching the door for his friend. He constantly checked his phone for messages from the male. Nothing showed up each time.

He sighed. The giant began to assume he was being stood up. Maybe the first date thing he had with Baekhyun did not go as great as he thought.

Chanyeol thought he did everything right. Or at least almost everything. He paid for everything. He made sure there was always a true smile on the smaller male's face. There was never a dull moment. The only thing missing was his confession about his feelings for the other or the kiss at the end of the date that should have happened.

Other than that, Chanyeol apologized for saying what he said. He showed the boy he was special without making it obvious. He wiped the sauce from Baekhyun's chin when he decided to dig into his food. The pretty boy laughed when a bird pooped on the taller's jacket as they watched the movie at the drive in. Sometime during the movie, their hands touched and slowly ended up having their fingers laced together. Chanyeol drove the boy home still holding his hand like it was natural.

The boy chewed his lip thinking hard. Finally, he called the other.

 

*            *            *

 

Minseok was the only person to stay after handing Jongin the poster. Luhan came by shortly after Yifan and Joonmyun left. Baekhyun also decided to make a quick visit before going out to eat with Chanyeol.

The three boys sat in the cafeteria with Jongin as he ate. They wanted to give him some company a little while longer.

While they sat there chatting with him, they started to get really worried. Jongin's eyes welled up with tears; then he suddenly fainted.

Panicked, the baozi looking boy carried the unconscious male to his room as the other two followed carrying his crutches. Once he was placed in his cot, the three tried to wake him up. They shook him, called for him, and lightly slapped his cheeks. Jongin mumbled a some phrases and sent them into a deeper panic. No one knew what to do.

In the midst of the troubling situation, Baekhyun's phone started to ring loudly. He ignored it for the first few rings. Finally, it stopped ringing. After a few minutes, the speaker sounded again with his ring tone. Leaving the room, he swiftly answered the device. His mood dropped even more realizing that he forgot about eating with Chanyeol.

"H-Hello..."

"Hey, Baekkie. You okay?"

"Y-Yeah...sorry, I didn't show. Something is wrong with Jongin."

The male started to explain to Chanyeol everything that was going on. He had no idea why Jongin started to freak out and just leave them like that. Little did he realize, the reason slipped past him with ease and entered the room.

The strange boy looked into the room and watched the boys try to wake the unresponsive one. His gaze then drifted down as he scurried out of the place. He could not bare seeing people in panic.

As he left the place, he wondered who the boy was. He thought the boy looked familiar but could not pin point who he was.

 

*            *            *

 

Jongin laid still in Minseok's arms. He was thrown back into a flash back after seeing the boy in the hospital cafeteria.

Once he was laid down, his eyes began to flutter open. Everyone looked like a blurry mess. He could not tell who was who.

As they shook him, he started to panic but could not fight them off.

"What are you doing?" he groaned confused.

Then there were some slaps to his face.

"Go away. Stop it...please." His voice was shaky. His heart was racing.

"Wake up, baby. Gotta have you awake. Gonna make...."

"Honey," a female voice said as someone hugged him tight.

"Mommy!" His eyes shot open as he looked around then hugged the woman. "He's here! He found me! He's here!"

Tears streamed from his eyes as he cried. He want from a high school boy to seeming like a child instantly.

His friends looked at him with much worry in their eyes. They rubbed his back and tried to tell him it was okay. However, these salty little drops kept coming from his eyes. He looked to his friends and apologized between sobs. The boy never wanted them to see him in this kind of saddened state.

"Do we have to move now? I don't wanna. I just made some friends. Actual friends."

"I don't know sweetie...let's just see how it goes first. Okay, honey?"

Jongin nodded and hugged her tighter with one arm. The other was tucked close to him as he on his thumb like a child.

"Hey, we are gonna go okay. You should calm down with your mother. I promise we will visit again tomorrow," Minseok said as he hugged the boy. The others hugged him and followed the eldest out of the room.

His mother hummed to him as he clinged onto her. Slowly, he began to drift to sleep in her embrace. Once that was over with, she dozed off too.

 

*            *            *

 

The next day, Jongin woke up to find his mom talking to the doctor outside of the room. She nodded then came it.

"Good news. You are being discharged dear. School is about halfway through. Do you want to go hang with your friends or come home?"

"School! School!" Jongin was excited at first. Then he frowned. "I'm so far behind."

"We can go into the principal's office and talk to him about getting you the help you need."

The tanned boy nodded and got out of the hospital bed. Walking over awkwardly, he grabbed his crutches and followed her out of the room and to the front desk. She signed him out and helped him to the car.

As she drove, the atmosphere stayed silent. She went to turn on the radio to ease the painful quiet area, but her son stopped her.

"It will just torture me..." He motioned to his leg as he spoke. She nodded in understanding.

"Which classes will you need the most help in?"

"Language. Chinese is really hard. I once accidentally told me teacher that I wanted to her chair." His mother broke out laughing. "It isn't funny! At least I'm not Sehun, he once told her something inappropriate. He got smacked by the teacher and Luhan. That was funny." The boy broke out into a huge smile talking about it. "Next would be math. It is too hard to focus cause there are so many numbers. Then science. It is really fun and cool, but sometimes I get too confused with what to do. Lastly, history. That is my sleeping class. My teacher is super boring."

As his mother pulled up to the school, she smacked the back of his head.

"What?" he pouted.

"You don't sleep at school," she scolded him as she helped him out and into the school.

After a while, Jongin went to his cooking class and stood by his normal partner. A pout had settled on his face as he thought about who the principal said was to help him.

Really? Can I not escape that stupid face? Now he has to help with math. Luhan for language is good. I don't really know Joonmyun, but he shouldn't be a problem.

Chanyeol hugged his friend. "Miss the hospital?"

"No." Jongin laughed and smiled as his friend was excited about him being back.

"Wanna have lunch in here today?"

"Sure." Jongin said as he kneaded some bread for the dish they were making.

"Can Baekkie join?" Jongin nodded.

Chanyeol smiled and cheered a little as they cooked waiting for the bell to ring.


Hey guys. Sorry if the chapter .

I hope y'all still like it.

Sorry if there are any mistakes.

Please comment and subscribe.

Love, Wootaeclover.