Removal

Subconscious Love

Jongin and his mother just pulled up to the hospital for another appointment for the boy's injured leg. He was sulking cause he was fed up with all of the times he had to miss school. He was sick of being so behind in class.

"They are gonna think I'm some uncaring ...."

"No they won't, babe."

"Yes. I've missed so much school because of my damn ruined body."

"It isn't ruined."

"Yes. It will take so long to get back to where I was."

"Mrs. Kim, we'll take it from here if you would like to wait out here and read. After the removal of the cast, we would like to start a physical therapy session," a petite female nurse interjected.

Scowling, he followed the nurse. Internally, he was glad to be getting the cast off, but he hated that is would take him a while to finally be able to be active the way he wants. The woman tried to explain what he would be doing for his therapy. Every word just ran through his head without sticking. All his thoughts consisted of was being able to move properly again. Then they shifted to Kyungsoo. Are they really going to try to be friends? Will that boy cross him and make him get injured again? Did he lie about the program and will still spread the video?

After the fairly short walk, the woman motioned for Jongin to sit. Suddenly, he started to feel even happier now that it was finally happening. As the doctor was cutting it off, all he could do was smile this huge cheesy smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Half of the day has alreadedy gone by. For Jaebeom, it was really slow. All he did was worry about Jongin. Please don't let him be hurt. I hope he isn't moving again. Maybe I should ask some of his other friends? Yeah! That's a good idea.

The fourth period teacher began calling the names off of the roster he had. He got to the missing boy's name. "Kim Jongin? Kim Jongin?" He started marking on the roster. "Why is this boy's attendance always so patchy?"

"Hmmmm. I don't know. Maybe because he got injured in a car accident and needs to go through physical therapy to get better," Kyungsoo smarted off.

"Mr. Do, no need to give attitude."

"I wouldn't if you would use the brain you were born with."

The teacher's eyes widen as if the owl eyed boy has never talked back to him before. Then he rolled his eyes and went on calling roll. Jaebeom shrouded the chuckle and looked back at the little devil, who was just behind him.

 "Can I help you?" he whispered a little ticked off.

"Um...uh..." WOW! I forget that he is really scary. Wait....he and Jongin aren't really friends. Maybe I should- "Where is Jongin? Therapy?"

"He gets his cast removed today."

"That's great! I bet he is so happy about it!"

"I guess. Can you leave me alone now? I gotta really pay attention. Gotta teach him the lesson today."

The tall now excited boy was bouncing in his seat. He could not wait to see Jongin trying to walk properly and do his passion. Then he got to thinking about how Soo knows these things even though the two boys aren't friends.  So, he turned around and started to bug the owl boy, which earned a whack in the head with a pen. Jaebeom scowled and pouted in his seat, not really caring about the class.

 

 

 

 

Jongin watched patiently as they cut the cast off. He scrunched his face up in disgust at the smell of his leg and foot. He covered his nose and groaned.

"So, how long 'til I can do normal activities?" he asked through his shirt.

"Depends. It is really how well you do. If you actually try and push the limits, but not too much, it could maybe be a few weeks. Maybe sooner if you do some of this at home."

He nodded and smiled a little. "I'm not starting therapy today, am I?"

"You can. Do you want to?" the doctor asked.

Jongin hastily shook his head. "I wanna go home and shower. Maybe even try to catch up in class."

The doctor laughed and released the boy to his mother. He kind of limped to her because his leg was weak, and it was having a hard time supporting his weight. When he was a few steps from his mother, she covered her nose and went on a rant about how bad the smell was. She made him walk a distance behind her and sit in the back of the car on the way home. Jongin cackled so hard; she ended scolding him playfully on the way home.

Once he got home, he took a nice long bath and scrubbed his leg until it was red. Then the boy got out and got quickly dressed. Jongin limped his way into the living room and started doing some stretches and exercises.

"Babe, what are you doing?" his mother asked.

"The stuff I learned to do when I had the problems with my muscles around my knee a few years ago. I figured they could be a good start to getting better."

"Shouldn't you wait-"

"No. Gotta start now. Plus, I gotta work it so I don't limp as hard for when I go to the park today."

"You are not going."

"Kyungsoo is teaching me the lessons today."

"Let me dr-"

"I'm walking. I'll be okay." He gave his mother a reassuring smile, hugged her, and left the house.

 

 

 

 

The tanned boy barely sat in the shade of a tree when his short tutor came over. The whole time, the big eyed boy watched him with a weird look on his face. The latter was oblivious as he watched the dogs run around chasing frisbees and squirrels.

"So, class is on the ground today?" No reply from the boy. "Hey? You there?" Still no reply. "Hey! tard!"

"What ?"

"Class on the ground?"

"Uh...I guess. I kinda fell and was too lazy to move."

Kyungsoo face palmed himself. "How did you fall?"

"My leg is still weak, dork." Jongin stuck his tongue out and laughed. That made Kyungsoo smile. The small boy sat beside the other and began teaching. For once, the boy grasped what was being taught. It was almsot as if he had a new motivation.

 


Hey. I'm sorry that this chapter is short and it . No cliff hanger ending. My ideas were kind of lacking. Which also explains why it is late. Anyway.....I hope it is good enough for a return chapter.

 

Please comment leave comments below.

 

Love, Wootaec.

 

 

Chaeyo Edit: WE ARE BACK Y'ALL TIME TO PARTY