What A Mess

Subconscious Love

Joonmyun was worried. About himself. About his own mental state. And about his weird decisions he was making all the time.

Since he was school president he was supposed to always keep calm and act cool. He had so many responsibilities to follow and usually it wasn't a problem for him to stick to them.

But since that tanned boy appeared in his life, everything was just upside-down. His mind was a total mess and his body seemed to be kidding him.

If a normal human being would have fainted right beside him, Joonmyun would have kept calm. He would have checked the pulse and the temperature and then carry the person to the next hospital or something. That happened to him once when he was shopping with Taeyeon and an old lady passed out in the middle of the mall.

But when Jongin coked out Joonmyun absolutely panicked and his mind was just shut down. Instead of helping Jongin, he ran away, with ing tears in his eyes and with loud screams. And while talking with the nurse he didn't know anything anymore. He had been sweating, stuttering and his heart had been throbbing in an unhealthy way.

“Baby, is everything okay?”

Taeyeon's soft voice teared Joonmyun out of his chaotic thoughts. He managed to turn his head towards her, nod and smile. A fake smile, as usually.

They were lying on Joonmyun's huge bed and starring at the ceiling. Like always, when they were done with ..

Taeyeon's eyes were looking at him with so much love and it broke Joonmyun's heart to see her like that. He simply didn't deserve her anymore.

It was weird that – when he listened to his heart – he didn't feel anything anymore. He kind of... did not love her anymore. Joonmyun was wondering if he ever did so.

The boy slowly slipped closer to Taeyeon and hugged her tighter.

“I love you.”, she slowly whispered. Joonmyun hesitated a little before answering, his heart painfully imploding.

“I love you too.”

He just hoped that Taeyeon didn't notice the small crack in his whisper. He simply hated the way that everything had developed. He truly had been in love with Taeyeon but since that tanned boy with that angelic face had appeared he didn't know what to think or feel anymore.

He didn't want to believe what Yixing was telling him all the time. He didn't want to realize that he probably fell for him. It absolutely did not fit in his perfect world. What would the world think if he would be dating a guy? How would he explain it?

Besides the chances were under 1% that Jongin could be interested as well. And the chances that he liked guys were even lower.

Joonmyun winced slightly as he found himself imagining them together walking down a road.

When he felt Taeyeon's thin arms wriggling around him, he forcefully stop himself. This was absolutely not good.

 

[…]

 

“This is my son, Jaebeom.”

Jongin's eyes were opened widely while was ready to scream loudly and hug his mother beside him.

No ing way. He has found me.

The boy smiled a little and nodded.

“Hello. As she said, I'm Jaebeom.”, the other introduced himself again.

Jongin was shaking his head, his mother raising her eyebrows.

“And this is my son Jongin. Nice to meet you. I hope we will be living well next to each other.”, she talked with a weird undertone.

Mom! You know him! Please say that we have to go.

Jaebeom was looking at Jongin with a undefinable gaze. His mother was the first one who kicked away the upcoming silence.

“So. Mrs. Kim... I would love to show you our garden. You guys could talk with each other and become friends or something?”

No. Mommy. Please. Don't go.

Jongin was drilling is nails painfully deep into his palms while watching his mother walk out.

She doesn't remember.

Jaebeom coughed awkwardly before settling himself on the chair in front of the table between them.

“I hope you are okay again?”

Jongin winced when he heard him talking and looked at him with a questioning face. Jaebeom played with the zipper of his jacket while smiling a little.

“I mean... You have fainted yesterday. I hope you are fine again.”, he slowly spoke.

Jongin's eyes became even bigger.

How does he know? There wasn't anybody except Joonmyun.

Jaebeom seemed to read Jongin's thoughts as he talked on.

“I had to buy some veggies from the store in front of the school. When I wanted to walk home I saw you lying there, completely alone and I quickly carried you inside... Then I didn't know what to do and I just left you with another guy. He kindly offered me to show me the school, because I will go there next week...”, Jaebeom droned on while keeping zipping and ping his black jacket again and again.

Jongin stared at him and wondered if he remembered anything.

“Thank you.”, he whispered, using his voice for the first time since hours.

Jaebeom's head shot up.

“No problem. Really.”

They both stared at each other, thinking about their next words.

“I don't if you remember...”, Jongin managed to say, making Jaebeom more curious.

“...but you destroyed my life.”

There was a small silence. After a few minutes Jaebeom talked again.

“Me?”

Jongin raised an eyebrow, all his nervousness blown away, as he spoke again.

“Yes you. You and your damn friends.”

Jaebeom flinched a little, dropping his hands to his lap and shaking his head heavily.

“No! Don't hate me! It wasn't my fault!”

They both knew too well what the topic was and they both had tears in their eyes.

Jongin made a dismissive noise.

“Really? It wasn't your fault you say?”, he said, filled with scorn. When he hated somebody, he was the most self-confident person on earth.

“You little er, destroyed everything.”, he kept on and laughing lightly.

Jaebeom stared at him with an empty gaze.

“They... have given me the same stuff they have instilled you...”

Jongin leaned forward.

“You face want me to belie-”

“Really beautiful garden you have there. I hope you guys will come over anytime soon.”, Jongin's mother loudly said.

The tanned boy immediately closed his mouth and grabbed his crutch to stand up. Jaebeom sat there, completely done with everything. He could remember it so damn clearly that it was already hurting.

 

The only thing that Jongin made feel hope again was, that next week his therapy would be over and the bandage on his leg would be removed as well.

 

 

[…]

 

 

After taking a shower Jongin was studying some math in the evening, the exams were coming closer, when he heard the door bell ring.

“Coming!”, his mother's voice was audible.

Jongin was too lazy and too done to stand up. It must be the postman, giving them the packets that the neighbors had ordered.

He was wondering if his mother was dead or something when the door of his room was opened loudly.

“Jonginnie, my friend!”

Jongin winced so hard that he threw the papers he had been working on in the air, right into the persons face.

What the hell? What does this er want?

“Jonginnie~ I hope you are doing well.”, the person spoke in a soft voice and sat down – without any permission – on Jongin's bed.

“Kyungsoo. What the are you doing here?”, Jongin spat out filled with hate.

“Don't be so rude~ I will sleep here for a few days. The water pipes broken at home and there isn't anybody else.”, Kyungsoo clapped and smiled creepily.

“Please. Go. Away. Don't you have friends or something?”, Jongin asked while picking up the papers he had dashed away.

“Joonmyun is with her girlfriend. Tao, Luhan and Baekhyun are having a sleep-over...”

“Why don't you just join them?”

Jongin banged the papers on the table.

“Because they are so annoying and they are too far away. Chanyeol is living far away as wel-”

“I get it. Don't you have a family?”

Kyungsoo shook his head.

“I have one uncle who is living in Busan...”

“Then go there.”

“He is alcoholic.”

“I don't care.”

“Jonginnie!”

“Stop calling me like that.”

“Your mom already said that I will sleep in your room.”

“What?”

Jongin paused for a minute, realizing what was just said.

“No ing way.”, he laughed nervously.

Kyungsoo grinned.

“Oh yes, Jongin. Be ready to live the hell.”

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ohhhh story finally building up :D. I thought I wouldn't be able to write today but hey! Here I am.

What's all this between Jaebeom and Jongin? You guys will hate us.

And poor Joonmyun xD.

And I don't even want to imagine what Kyungsoo will do with Jongin xDD.

 

Thank you guys for reading ~ Don't hesitate to give some ideas or wishes :3

Chaeyo ♥