Trying to make up?

I will always love you...

'Can't we just-' Tiffany shook her head and deleted the message. 
"Why should I text him?" She said to herself.
"Because you love him my dear wifey"-Taeyeon said as she came in with a gigantic bowl full of ice cream and two big spoons- "Come on and meet up with him. How many times have you been sitting here all alone writing and deleting messages over and over again? How often are you going to do this until you realize that is not the way to do it? "
"I don't really know but-" -Tiffany stopped as she looked up and saw her best friend with the ice cream- "What's wrong?" 
Taeyeon walked to her bed and the Californian girl shared her blanket with her as she sat down.
"What should be wrong? I just want you to cheer up and I want to talk to you because it's like-"
"No, not this. You've been telling me that for months now. You have that face. That something-happened-to-me-but-I-don't-wanna-talk-about-it-like-always face. So tell me!" Tiffany demanded while digging into the ice cream.
"Baekhyun was getting busier, I've told you. I could explain our conversation from the beginning 'till the end to you but I'll just shorten it a bit. We're over."
Tiffany took Taeyeon's spoon and put some ice cream on it then she gave it to her fellow member.
"And I could ask you any sort of different questions..." -Tiffany sighed- "But you wouldn't want to talk about it, at least not now."
"My bestie knows me..." the SNSD leader gave her a little smile eating her ice cream.
"It'll be so awkward tomorrow... I mean at the DMC festival with us, EXO and 2PM..."
"I told him to stay as friends, so I hope it won't be too awkward..."
"It'll be eventually, believe me." Tiffany assured her.
"And you believe me that you and Nichkhun will feel so weird that you end up crying." Taeyeon turned her head to look at her.
"I won't say no."
...
The SNSD members were in their dressing room. Each of them did kind of their own routine. Tiffany and Sooyoung ate, Taeyeon drew, Sunny listened to music, Seohyun read a book, Yuri took selfies, Yoona was still doing her hair and Hyoyeon her make up. Taeyeon's phone rang as she got a message.
"I'll get out for a second" the leader said and left the room immediately. Hoping that no one would follow her she went down the corridors fast. Suddenly someone stopped her. She stiffened as she turned around.
"Ya!" -she hit him- "You said we would meet at the back door and not on the way to it!" 
"Sorry!" -he answered laughing a bit- "But I suddenly had an idea."
"About what?"
"Since your text yesterday I've been thinking what to do. And now I know it! I know your thoughts are still a bit on the break up but-"
"Please just don't talk about it, I think it's better that way. So let's just take care about this plan you have."
He smiled as he showed her a key.
...
The arirang performance ended and Tiffany was proud of herself because she didn't look to the left where Nichkhun was. The SNSD girls were heading to their room when Taeyeon linked her arm with Tiffany's and went into another direction with her. 
"What is it?" She asked.
"You'll know when we're there" Taeyeon went on dragging her until they reached a little room. The SNSD leader opened it and they went in as she the light.
"Why are we at the maintenance room?"
"Just wait!"- Taeyeon looked outside and smiled seeing the two people coming towards them- "Don't get angry, promise?"
"Why would I get ang-" she stopped in midst her sentence as she saw the two guys in front of her- "Taengu-yah..."
"Have fun!" Wooyoung removed Taeyeon's arm and shoved Nichkhun a little bit as he closed the door and locked it so they wouldn't come out.
"Are you serious?" Nichkhun said in quite a calm way hearing the two giggling. Their voices were getting quieter.
"I'll just call-" -the Thai touched his pants- "."
"We just performed how would you have your phone with you?" Tiffany pointed out.
"Oh... yeah I forgot."
He slammed his fist against the door. "Wooyoung why are you doing this?"
"Oh well, it was Taec and Tae's plan to begin with but he's not here, soooo~..." he trailed off.
"Come on Tae, it's not funny." Tiffany rolled her eyes.
"It's not supposed to be funny. - hello Agent Taekkie. Yes, mission accomplished. Affirmative. Both are under lock. Affirmative. They have no phones aaaand are pissed. Roger. Agent Taengoo over and out."
"Okay Tae you kind of went overboard with that mission impossible thing right there."
She laughed. "That's T'n'T for you. All of our and your members are in by the way. So no one will come and get you." Taeyeon started to laugh out loud and left with Wooyoung trailing behind shaking his head. 

Tiffany's POV
I look at him. 'Oh god it's been so long since I've last seen him. Does he think the same? I mean he broke up but it was my fault so..' 
"What are we gonna do? " he broke my thoughts and turned to me. 
"I don't know. Wait?"
"Until when?"
"Until they come back, I guess. We both know that they did not only say that to prank us."
"I figured. So what do we do until they get us?"
I looked to the ground playing with my hands and shrugged. He sighed and sat down. 
"Come on sit." 
I obliged and sat next to him. Our shoulders were touching so I moved away a bit further. We were quiet for a few minutes before I wanted to begin to speak. 
"I..." 
"We.." he began at the same time. 
We chuckled. 
"Wow. This is pretty awkward."
"Definitely. So Steph,.. you first."
I stopped laughing when I heard the name. I think he noticed but he just smiled at me assuringly.
"I just wanted to apologize. I mean it was my fault we broke up. I was only thinking about partying and being with my friends. I did not think about you. I'm a selfish brat and I'm sorry."
"Yeah you should be." He said with a stoic face but smiled soon after. I knew him all to well. He wanted to lighten up the mood by joking around. He nudged my shoulder and said: 
"No it was OUR fault not yours. I could have told you sooner instead of keeping everything to myself and breaking down on my own. Jessi is just not my favorite of your friends. She is a ssenunni for a reason." 
I giggled and nodded.
"Yeah, she can be a bit much, but she's been a friend of mine for a long time."
"I know and I also know that I can't tell you who to hang out with. Or rather couldn't tell you..." he trailed off and looked away.
"I don't party nor do I hang out with her nowadays." I said, nearly whispering.
"What? Sorry I didn't catch that."
"I said: I don't meet up with her nowadays and it's been some time since I had last went to a party. I lost interest in doing it after our break up." 
We looked each other in the eyes. 
"I miss you Steph." He said moving a strand of hair behind my ear. 

Nichkhun's POV
"I miss you, too." 
I cupped her cheek and smiled at her. She looked back at me also smiling until it became more intense. We stared at each other and I couldn't stop myself from looking at her lips. I wanted to kiss them so badly and when I looked up again she was holding my gaze for a long time so I leaned in. My brain wasn't functioning correctly. This was my dream girl, the one I've been yearning for months now. So I leaned in further. We were so close that I felt her breath on my lips but I didn't want to make the final step so I waited. It wasn't long until she closed the distance between us. The kiss was slow and passionate. I moved my lips against hers. In a way we were accustomed to each other. The taste of her lips, her smell and they way she kissed were so familiar that I was feeling a pang in my heart. 'I miss you' I thought. We could both feel the need we had for each other. The longing we had. And so I moved my hands to her hips and she circled her arms around my neck. The kiss itself was rather innocent. There was no tongue, just our lips and our feelings and we wouldn't have it any other way. I did not want it to stop but I pulled away when I felt a tear on my cheek. I looked at her and saw tears streaming down her face. I wiped them away with my thumbs and she smiled. 
"What's wrong?"
"You know it. We can't just be together again. It is not as simple as that."
I sighed. I knew how difficult it was to get both SM and JYP into allowing us to date. Okay Jinyong- hyung wasn't a real obstacle but SM sure was. They told us to hide it and they were furious when we were caught telling us to either break up or stay together for a long time. We could not just get back together. 
"Friends?" I asked. 
"You know that we cannot be just friends again. You- no, we just prove that."
"Then what am I supposed to do?" - I lost it-"Tell me!" I realized that I had raised my voice so I quieted down again. 
"Steph. I can't be without you. I only think about you all day long. Do you know how often I wanted to call or text you? The background on my phone is still you. I look up your name whenever I'm online and I even look on instagram whether you posted a new photo or not. I can't forget you and I don't want to."
"But we cannot just make up and go on where we had left off. We have to let each other go."
"No. I don't want to."
She looked down. 
"I don't want to either."  She sighed and I leaned my head against the shelf behind me. 
"Khunnie? Did you make up?" I heard Wooyoung chirp.
" you!" 
"Looks like you did not."
"Open that damn door or I'll break it. I'm serious." 
I stood up and helped her up along with me. He eventually opened the door. 
"Where's Taeyeon?"
"She left saying you should take Tiff home."
I cursed under my breath and looked behind me. Tiffany was hanging her head low. I took her hand and dragged her along to my car.