Maybe You Don't Know Me

Office Crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


Tiffany couldn't sleep. The sofas were comfortable to sit on, but weren't really suitable to be slept on. Tiffany sighed and turned over for the umpteenth time but this time she saw Taeyeon standing in front of her, giving her a fright.


"Jesus Christ!" Tiffany hissed, holding her hand over her heart.


Tiffany looked up at Taeyeon and saw she was staring at the floor, her peas in a pod plush cradled in her arms.


"What's wrong with you?" Tiffany asked.

"I can't sleep" Taeyeon whispered. She was nervous.

"Well join the club." Tiffany replied

"........"

"I don't know, go drink hot milk or something." Tiffany said, turning over so she was facing the back of the sofa, she knew she was being rude but every time she acted like she cares she just got snapped at.

 

Tiffany tried to sleep once more but it was futile. She turned over again and saw that Taeyeon was still there.


"Go to bed Taeyeon" Tiffany said, holding her arm over her eyes.

"I can't sleep" Taeyeon repeated, in that same whisper.

"Well what do you want me to do about it?"

 

"Hold me"


Tiffany removed her arm from her eyes and looked up at Taeyeon. She saw the girl's eyes were twinkling, full of tears. Tiffany sighed and got up, grabbing Taeyeon's hand, ignoring the slight flinch and took her to the bedroom with her pillow.

Tiffany plopped down on the bed and patted the space beside her. Taeyeon lay down tentatively as if she was a child scared of being scolded, she even looked like a kid in those cute pyjamas and with that plush.

Once Taeyeon was lying next to her, Tiffany spooned her and tried to go back to sleep only to feel Taeyeon shaking beneath her and hear muffled sobs. She sighed, turned the bedside lamp on and tugged on Taeyeon's arm to make her turn to face her. She wasn't budging though so Tiffany simply got up and went to the other side of the bed so Taeyeon was facing her.


Tiffany wiped Taeyeon's tears and ran her hand through her hair, Taeyeon looked up at her with those puppy eyes that never failed to melt Tiffany's heart. However this time, Tiffany was hurt. It would take more than that.


"I know you went through hell Taeyeon, I understand. But I was just trying to help. Snapping at me and embarrassing me in front of my friend isn't the way to deal with things"

"I'm sorry" she said in a hushed tone.

"You really hurt me Taeyeon. And I'm not saying that to make you feel bad, I just think the best way to get through arguments like this is to communicate, letting each other know our feelings no matter how embarrassing, upsetting or offending they may be."


Taeyeon nodded.


"I felt like I was being taken for granted. I felt like you had forgotten all about me and my welfare and just pushed me aside as if I was just meaningless to you. That wasn't nice and if I hadn't have found Yoona, I would have been completely alone the whole time and probably would've had one of the worst days of my life."

"......."

"Now you tell me what you felt".

"I felt..." Taeyeon's voice broke. "I felt like you were trying to control me, trying to make me act different than myself by trying to make me stay home and think about what happened rather than having fun and forgetting about it. I was angry about that the whole day and then I saw you going into the Ferris wheel arm in arm with that girl....that hurt me because I've always wanted to take you on one. I watched you while you hugged her and then when I caught your attention I couldn't control myself"

"Well then I'm sorry for making you feel that way. Yoona is just a friend, I hadn't seen her in years. And regarding the other thing, I just didn't think you were ready to..."

"I was ready" Taeyeon cut in.

"No interrupting" Tiffany said. Taeyeon nodded and kept quiet. "I didn't think you were ready to face the world again after what you had just been through. It was on the same day Taeyeon."

"I was ready." Taeyeon said, over determined.

"Well it didn't seem that way to me" Tiffany reasoned


"Well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter