55

Not Just Any Replacement

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

The plane finally landed. Soomin stretched her arms as she took in the view of France’s airport.

With a small smile on her face, she slung her Alexander Wang bag and began walking to the exit.

 

“Nice to have you here, Soomin.” Kris said.

Soomin smiled and hugged him; she kissed both of his cheeks before letting go.

“You look like a zombie.” Kris stated as he took her luggage.

“Thanks for the compliment, I do need sleep.” She wrapped one arm around his as they crossed the lot.

“I don’t get the point, why did you fly here in such a rush?” Kris said as he turned behind them.

“Issues.” Soomin clipped.

Kris saw a familiar man just walking out of the airport.

“Ah.” He nodded.

 

 

Yunho’s eyes widened as he saw Soomin walk to a tall young man and kissed him on the cheeks.

He felt his grip on his trolley luggage tighten.

“It’s him again.” He muttered.

Then he saw them walk away, with Soomin almost leaning on him.

Yunho looked away, then he saw one of his company’s employees walking to him.

“Sir, this way.”

 

 

“Yunho hyung left for Paris.”Changmin said as he entered the living room.

Jaehee looked up from the couch.

It has been two days since they last Soomin.

Jaehee smiled at him and opened her arms.

“Is something wrong?” Changmin asked as he walked to her. He bent over and looked at her.

“Leg cramp, cant stand.” She smiled sheepishly. Changmin chuckled and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“What about Soomin?” She asked as Changmin helped her sit properly.

“No, here.” Changmin pulled her back onto his lap. Jaehee made a face but she didn’t move.

“She’s there too, but it’s weird. It’s like….hyung can read her mind. He knew in advance where Soo was planning to go.” Changmin muttered as he placed his chin on her shoulder.

“You’re dense.” Jaehee nodded.

“What?!” Changmin blinked at her. She smiled.

“Yunho likes her. That’s why he knows her well.” She chuckled and kissed his nose briefly and sat on the couch properly.

“…..Mwo?”

Jaehee sighed.

“I don’t know about you, but lately I’ve noticed….well, ever since, they’re always together. Yunho…it’s the way…he looks at her. It’s different. He likes her, Min.”

Changmin made a face.

“And I think it’s the same for Soo too.”

 

 

“Oppa, let’s go.” Soomin playfully tugged on his arm.

It was one of those rare school breaks where Soomin could come home and visit her brother.

“I don’t feel like going, Soo, just go with Jae hyung.” Changmin shrugged her off.

Soomin frowned.

“Oppa, it’s been three weeks since I’ve arrived here, and you cant even go out and eat with me?” She grew irritated.

“I don’t have time for your nonsense!” He stood up, accidentally making the angel figurine on his bedside table fall.

They both watched as is crashed to the marble floor into pieces.

“It’s been months, since you’re being like this. Butler Ho told me, you don’t go out, you don’t eat, you even drink and get drunk plus you get into fights, what is wrong with you oppa?!”

“It’s because of her, isnt it? You’re destroying yourself over some puppy love!”

Changmin grabbed her by the shoulders.

“I love her, Soomin, don’t you dare talk to her about like that.” He hissed.

“I’m not going to watch you destroy yourself.” She spat back.

“Get out.”

“Whoever she is, oppa. I don’t want to see her. Even if you love her so much, I wont approve of her.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++