25

Not Just Any Replacement

 

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Shim Soomin wasn’t comfortable in the party. Guests kept on scrutinizing her every move and kept an eye on her.

She shook her head and got a flute of champagne.

“You look uneasy, Soo.” Jaejoong said as he and his wife walked to her.

“People are staring at me like I’m some sort of runaway daughter.” She mumbled. Haejung chuckled.

“They know about the PYC issue, ugh, I hate that man.”

Jaejoong smiled.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure Min has already taken care of it, knowing your brother.”

Haejung smiled as she fixed her cousin’s Herve Leger bandage dress.

“I like this dress on you.” She smiled. Soomin puffed her cheeks and looked around.

“Those two are running late.”

 

At last, the new couple arrived, people turned to see and welcome them. Everyone looked at Kang Jaehee as she walked in with her husband. Needless to say, they look good together.

Soon, Changmin’s father approached them.

“It’s good you two came.” He nodded and took his daughter-in-law’s hand.

 

 

Soomin’s POV

 

 

Good they arrived, at least father wont remember to introduce me with his friends.

“What’s with you and the sighing?”

I looked behind me and found Yunho oppa clad in a black suit.

“Looking good, Mister Jung.” I chuckled. He rolled his eyes at me.

“About that trip, I already arranged it. All you have to do is….tell your brother and his wife.”

I nodded.

“That wont be a problem.”

“How’s the Yoochun issue? Is uncle mad at you?”

“I don’t know, but I do know he wants to talk about it, you see abeoji never liked that guy.”

“I know, he was there when he left Jaehee at the altar.” He replied.

“The more reason to hate him then.” I nodded.

“Evil little sister?”

I laughed.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“Good evening everyone, tonight I would like to introduce to you my daughter.”

Soomin ducked a little as she went up the stage. Male guests’ eyes were on her.

“My daughter, Shim Soomin is back. And of course, this is a special time because the newest member of our family is here; I would like to introduce to you, Jaehee. My son’s wife.”

Soomin sighed in relief as she stepped back. She watched as Jaehee was ushered by her father.

Jaehee smiled and bowed politely as the guests clapped.

“Please welcome her to the Shim Corporation warmly.”

 

After the announcement, the couple went down from the stage.

“That was good, unnie.” Soomin smiled and gently patted her shoulder. Changmin smiled.

“You look really pretty Soo~” Jaehee’s phone suddenly rang. She read the caller ID and her eyes widened.

“Will you excuse me…” She muttered as she turned for the door.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++